Lunch ADR Time at Epcot on Arrival Day??? Help!

Delphinus317

Mouseketeer
Let me preface this by saying, I'm, an obsessive planner. I TRY to plan our days and stay relaxed and content about things because I know we can't see/do everything in one trip. But, it seems, once again, I'm losing that battle & I'm wanting to try to squeeze in as much as humanly possible. :rolleyes1

My DS5 & I are staying at POP in July. Our flight arrives at MCO at 9:20am. We're totally dependent on Disney Transportation this trip, including DME from the airport and we're planning to go to Epcot immediately after we check-in and spend the rest of the day there since it'll be our only day at Epcot.

Originally, my plan was to keep things flexible and grab CS lunch at POP or Sunshine Seasons in Epcot as I have no idea what our timeline will be when we arrive. We were going to hang out mostly in Future World, The Land and The Seas with Nemo. For dinner, we have an ADR at Garden Grill for 5:40pm. After dinner, we'd stroll through WS with the hopes of seeing the Dragon Legend Acrobats & then watch a little Illuminations. My plan was to keep the schedule light and focus on what DS5 will most enjoy since it'll be hot and busy as heck in July.

Now, there's a bit of a wrench thrown into my plan as I'm thinking about going to Les Chefs de France for lunch for a chance to see Remy and as a nice respite from the heat. I wasn't planning on visiting that side of WS except maybe during our stroll after dinner. And, I'm not sure I want to limit our flexibility as soon as we arrive in WDW.

BUT, if, let's say, I were to go ahead & schedule an ADR at Les Chefs de France for lunch, what time do you think would work so that we wouldn't have to rush from POP to get there?

The ADR selection for lunch seems to be fairly open at this point. :cool1:

Let me preface this by saying, I'm, an obsessive planner. I TRY to plan our days and stay relaxed and content about things because I know we can't see/do everything in one trip. But, it seems, once again, I'm losing that battle & I'm wanting to try to squeeze in as much as humanly possible. :rolleyes1

My DS5 & I are staying at POP in July. Our flight arrives at MCO at 9:20am. We're totally dependent on Disney Transportation this trip, including DME from the airport and we're planning to go to Epcot immediately after we check-in and spend the rest of the day there since it'll be our only day at Epcot.

Originally, my plan was to keep things flexible and grab CS lunch at POP or Sunshine Seasons in Epcot as I have no idea what our timeline will be when we arrive. We were going to hang out mostly in Future World, The Land and The Seas with Nemo. For dinner, we have an ADR at Garden Grill for 5:40pm. After dinner, we'd stroll through WS with the hopes of seeing the Dragon Legend Acrobats & then watch a little Illuminations. My plan was to keep the schedule light and focus on what DS5 will most enjoy since it'll be hot and busy as heck in July.

Now, there's a bit of a wrench thrown into my plan as I'm thinking about going to Les Chefs de France for lunch for a chance to see Remy and as a nice respite from the heat. I wasn't planning on visiting that side of WS except maybe during our stroll after dinner. And, I'm not sure I want to limit our flexibility as soon as we arrive in WDW.

BUT, if, let's say, I were to go ahead & schedule an ADR at Les Chefs de France for lunch, what time do you think would work so that we wouldn't have to rush from POP to get there?

The ADR selection for lunch seems to be fairly open at this point. :cool1:

If your flight does land at 9:20 am on time, and you go right to the ME desk and there is no line and you figure 90 minutes to get to your resort and then a few minutes to check in... you are looking at 11:00 am/11:30 am.

If your room is not ready and you have to stow a carry-on at Guest Services, that takes a few minutes. Then you have to catch a bus over to Epcot and walk the distance all the way around to France to get to the restaurant.

All the while, keeping a 5 year old going a mile a minute or at your pace. He may be tired after the plane ride (depending on how early you have to get to the airport). I know my flight lands at 9:20 am, but I have left for the airport to get to BWI at 3:15 am in the morning.

I would suggest if you insist on doing it - make your ressie for at least 1:00 pm/1:30 pm. But be prepared that he might not be in the same rush you are in to get over to the parks.

Missytara, I appreciate your response. I was thinking those things, but the idea of seeing Remy overshadowed everything that is reasonable in my brain. It happens so easily with all things Disney. :rotfl:

I will stick with my original plan as, really, Les Chefs de France is so out of the way from everything else we want to do.

Thanks so much for bringing me back to earth! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter