"Lost" coming to Discovery Island??

I wouldn't mind that. It sounds neat and I really like the show, so hey, I'm for it.

EDIT: I read the whole article, and it sounds like a lot of work was put into this. A lot more than just a rumor, I think anyway.

Given the fragile ecology of the island I would doubt this, and if they did decide to intrude on it again, you'd think we be seeing evidence of work on the island.

IF they actually did this I WOULD BE THERE for the opening!! This is a fantastic idea, though I have to question the economics of running such an attraction isolated on the island. Perhaps...

Disney would have me staying away from Harry Potter, absolutely. :thumbsup2

IF they actually did this I WOULD BE THERE for the opening!! This is a fantastic idea, though I have to question the economics of running such an attraction isolated on the island. Perhaps...

Disney would have me staying away from Harry Potter, absolutely. :thumbsup2

If this is true, we may have Disney's response to the Harry Potter...land. This would attract a lot of fans of the show. Like I said, it's got me sold. I just hope it's true.

EDIT: I just got this from EOnline.

Salem in Midland, Mich.: Did you see the rumor that Disney World might be building a Lost attraction?
A rep for Disney theme parks tells us reports of Lost the ride are "not true."

Sorry folks - complete BS. The original article says "Disney announced", i f so...where is the announcement?:confused3

Think about it logically...a free-standing attraction based around LOST? How do you justify that cost? It would have to be a $25- $40 per person attraction...and really how many people would pay that?

Actually, this was suggested here on the boards about a year ago...so actually, WE started this rumor. Good job DISers.

SkierPete

I doubt Disney would make this kind of investment being this year is Lost's last season. After May 2010 interest in Lost will diminish greatly.

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts has announced extensive plans to convert the old Discovery Island in Bay Lake to a new Lost-themed attraction. Lost Island is set to receive guests by the Summer of 2011, a year after the show concludes its six-year run on ABC.

“We strong believe that the show will live on in popularity after its conclusion. This type of show can be successful in syndication for decades and with the advent of DVD—sales of which have been very high for this series—there is clear evidence that Lost will remain popular well after next Spring's series finale," said Celandine Coda, vice chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

The immersive experience will bring guests to the islands in disparate ways, providing two distinct experiences per each trip to the island. The attraction is also unique as the exploration of the island in its entirety forms one complete experience, however each area of the island works as an individual attraction.

“We have this great experience for the Swan station which guests get to tour as if they were the survivors first discovering the infamous 'hatch'. But suddenly things go wrong and this station tour becomes a ride! It’s an extension of the Imagineering used in rides such as The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Star Tours taken to the next level!", explained Coda. :happytv:

Sorry folks - complete BS. The original article says "Disney announced", i f so...where is the announcement?:confused3

Think about it logically...a free-standing attraction based around LOST? How do you justify that cost? It would have to be a $25- $40 per person attraction...and really how many people would pay that?

Actually, this was suggested here on the boards about a year ago...so actually, WE started this rumor. Good job DISers.

SkierPete

Sorry... This has been around for years. I heard this during Season 1. Cool idea, just not feasible.

This rumor cropped up again because of a supposed news announcement posted yesterday on the Disney's Folly web site. If you read that original post, you'll see that it was listed under the category Folly and Faux, which the site describes as "Disney's Folly's version of old-fashioned Photoshop magic." In other words, it's a fake. :)

Celandine Coda, vice chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.
This person does not exist . . . . . .

Slightly outdated -

Chairman and President - Jay Rasulo
President, Operations - Al Weiss
o President, Disneyland Resort - Ed Grier
+ Senior Vice President of Operations, Disneyland Resort - Michael O'Grattan
o President, Walt Disney World Resort - Meg Crofton
+ Senior Vice President of Operations, Walt Disney World Resort - To Be filled upon Erin Wallace's Move
+ Senior Vice President, Walt Disney World Resort - George Aguel
# Vice President, Magic Kingdom - Phil Holmes
# Vice President, Epcot - Dan Cockerell
# Vice President, Disney's Hollywood Studios - Rilous Carter
# Vice President, Disney's Animal Kingdom - Val Bunting
# Vice President, Downtown Disney - Kevin Lansberry
# Vice President, Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex and Disney Water Parks - Reggie Williams
o Chairman and CEO, Euro Disney SCA (Disneyland Resort Paris) - Philippe Gas
+ Senior Vice President of Operations, Disneyland Resort Paris - George Kalogridis
o President, Tokyo Disney Resort - Toshio Kagami
+ President of Walt Disney Attractions Japan - Nick Franklin
+ Vice President and Executive Managing Director, Walt Disney Attractions Japan - Joe Schott
o President and Managing Director, Asia, for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts - Bill Ernest
o President and Managing Director, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort - Andrew Kam
+ Senior Vice President of Operations, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort - Noble Coker
o President, Disney Cruise Line and New Vacation Operations - Karl Holz
+ Senior Vice President of Operations, Disney Cruise Line - Tom Wolber
o President, Disney Vacation Club - Jim Lewis
o Senior Vice President, Adventures by Disney - Ed Baklor
* Chief Creative Executive, Walt Disney Imagineering - Bruce Vaughn
* Chief Design and Project Delivery Executive, Walt Disney Imagineering - Craig Russell
* Senior Vice President of Operations Integration/line of Business - Erin Wallace
* Senior Vice President, Conservation & Environmental Sustainability - Jerry Montgomery
* Senior Vice President of Global Sports Enterprises - Ken Potrock
* Senior Vice President, Corporate Responsibility - Kerry Chandler
* Executive Vice President, Human Resources, Diversity & Inclusion - Jayne Parker
* Executive Vice President, Public Affairs - Leslie Goodman
* Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer - Jim Hunt
* Executive Vice President, Global Marketing - Leslie Ferraro
* Executive Vice President, International Development - Mike Crawford
* Executive Vice President, New Business Development - Nick Franklin

I doubt Disney would make this kind of investment being this year is Lost's last season. After May 2010 interest in Lost will diminish greatly.

As a Disney Store CM, this would not surprise me if Disney did this. They are always jumping on the bandwagon after the music has died down.

Isn't Discovery Island a nature preserve of some sort? I can't imagine they can build on it or have people tromping around in an area that small and keep it as a nature preserve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter