Losing A Tooth at Disney...Weird Question! :)

DancinMama

Mouseketeer
We're currently driving the 24 hour trip from MN down to Disney and my daughter asked us in the car tonight, "Wouldn't that be cool if I lost my tooth at Disney World?" Her question made me wonder, with all the super special things Disney does, do they have anything special for kids who lose a tooth while at Disney? I know it's a weird question but I had to ask! :)

Plus, this "Tooth Fairy" doesn't have any cash with to put under her pillow!

Unfortunately,no.

You could get her an "I'm Celebrating" button and put "Losing a Tooth" on it and,you never know,a CM may see it and do something special for her.:)

We're currently driving the 24 hour trip from MN down to Disney and my daughter asked us in the car tonight, "Wouldn't that be cool if I lost my tooth at Disney World?" Her question made me wonder, with all the super special things Disney does, do they have anything special for kids who lose a tooth while at Disney? I know it's a weird question but I had to ask! :)

Plus, this "Tooth Fairy" doesn't have any cash with to put under her pillow!
Are you staying at a Disney Resort?

This was reported last year:
“DS lost a tooth during our trip. At the suggestion of a couple friends, I told the front desk of the POR. They gave us a cute little tooth shaped box to put it in, along with a little jar of pixie dust so Tinkerbell could help the tooth fairy out. He was also given a special pin at the Disney Store at Disney Springs.”

That is awesome! We're staying at Pop Century. If it ends up falling out I'll have to ask. Thanks for the info!

As far as not having cash, maybe for lost teeth at Disney the Tooth Fairy brings a little Disney type bauble like pins, a bracelet, a necklace, etc.

Similar to what @hiroMYhero posted above, DS lost a tooth at Disney a couple of years ago... he was proud of it and showed his new “gap” off to a CM. She told us to hang tight for a second and came back with a little tooth shaped box. It’s not Disney themed or anything but was a nice thought and did help the ‘tooth fairy’ keep track of the tooth that night. We still have the little box on a shelf in his room.

My experience was while staying Club Level, but glad to see it seems like they have those boxes at other places too.

Do you really have no cash? Or just no small bills? I know most people use cards, but I can't imagine going on a big trip without any cash. You need to get some cash so you're ready in case it happens. Some things you just have to be ready to take care of yourself.

When my daughter lost her tooth at Disneyland, I slipped off and bought her a Tinkerbell locket and left that with a few dollars under her pillow in the hotel. I have it on good authority that the tooth fairy subcontracts with Tinkerbell for pillow drops at Disney.

My daughter lost one of her front top teeth jumping in the pool in Florida. We all had to look for the tooth so she could put it under her pillow. Luckily she was only in the three or four feet section! The tooth fairy gave her Disney dollars but sadly they discontinued use of those. We did get a great picture of her with Dale the next day...both of them with the gap in their teeth! Still one of my favorite pictures.

Nothing was done when our DD loss her tooth, though to be fair the only cm who knew about was the server at the restaurant it happened at & he looked at us in disgust. But what I did was go & buy a cute little box in MK with tinker bell on it and had her put her tooth on the night side that night. The next morning Tinker Bell had left the little box with a dollar in it. I told her Tinker Bell must have helped out the tooth fairy at Disney. She was beyond thrilled.

One of my nieces lost a tooth during an extended family trip. Three of us put money under her pillow, not knowing the others had. She made out like a bandit that trip! :p

My ds lost his tooth at Hollywood and Vine last summer. The server, Cory, we had made a huge deal out of it. They had Mickey come back over to him and they took a picture together. They also asked him who his favorite character was which is Jafar. Cory ran next door and they gave him an Aladdin play set! It was the most amazing experience we ever had at DW!

My son lost a tooth about 15 minutes before we were climbing on the Magic Express. The front desk of the Caribbean Beach also gave us a tooth shaped wooden box.

My ds lost his tooth at Hollywood and Vine last summer. The server, Cory, we had made a huge deal out of it. They had Mickey come back over to him and they took a picture together. They also asked him who his favorite character was which is Jafar. Cory ran next door and they gave him an Aladdin play set! It was the most amazing experience we ever had at DW!
Awesome!:)

That's why I suggested the "I'm Celebrating" button-you never know what Cast Members who see the button "may" do and she could "celebrate" losing the tooth the whole trip.:)

My son lost his front tooth in the POTC line. (There was hand sanitizer and a tissue involved.) The ladies behind us in line made a big deal, cheering and clapping for him. Which made him feel great.
Nothing says Mom Life like riding rides all night with a someone else’s tooth wrapped in a tissue in your pocket. LOL.
We were in MK until midnight so they tooth fairy couldn’t buy anything extra, but she did leave $10.

In case anyone can get these, our tooth fairy always brings gold dollar coins; pirate money!

I gave Disney Dollars when it happened to us but they don’t make them anymore

This ^^^ LOL I was Just going to post this. Both my dd's and a niece had trips in that stage and we made sure we had a few Disney dollars on hand just in case. Never had any CM involvement though - really never crossed our minds to share but I love the stories.

My DD lost a tooth at dinner at Coral Reef and the server brought her the little tooth box. She also said she would let TinkerBell know so that she could tell the tooth fairy where we were. The first night after losing it, she got a note from Tink saying the Tooth Fairy would come the next day and the next day she got a little Disney bracelet. It was lots of fun.

My 16 yr old daughter was given a button at check in for surviving getting her wisdom teeth pulled. We originally had it scheduled for a month before our trip but due to a bad storm the Oral surgeon lost power and we had to reschedule. The next available appointment was on a Thursday and we were arriving at WDW on Sunday. She was miserable for the first few days of the trip but she still wanted to go. CM gave her soft treats, extra desserts, light up clips for drinks, etc..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter