Loop 100

MudQueen22

DIS Veteran
Has anyone stayed in loop 100? How did you like it?

We are deciding way ahead.

We want to be near the boat transportation, and we don't want to rent a golf cart.

Has anyone stayed in this loop? or 200?

How did you like it? were there issues with people cutting through your site? How far was your walk to boats? Did you have difficulty getting in this loop?

We stayed in 100 loop last trip, it was a nice 5 min walk to the boats. It was nice, we had to very carefully maneuver to get in our campsite. Bad placement of a main electrical box, made for a tight squeeze, and our rig was not that big then, just a 30 ft TT and a 3500 crew cab dually. We would stay there again, but we got a new trailer and well not sure we would fit.

Has anyone stayed in loop 100? How did you like it?

We are deciding way ahead.

We want to be near the boat transportation, and we don't want to rent a golf cart.

Has anyone stayed in this loop? or 200?

How did you like it? were there issues with people cutting through your site? How far was your walk to boats? Did you have difficulty getting in this loop?

That is our favorite loop, have stayed there every trip (except for a few) in the many years we've gone to Disney/Fort.

We have a 34' mh and have not had any issues with the sites (except occasionally, if someone decides to hog the road with a tow vehicle). :(

I don't find it noisy at all, just hear the sounds we enjoy anyway - ie. boat whistle, water parade, etc.

Have never had anyone cut through our site to our knowledge (really, no need to) and we have probably stayed in most of them. Stayed in 200 and 300 a few times if 100 was full.

Love the closeness to the Settlement area as we like to wander around just relaxing, but we enjoy most of our times in the parks, or out and about (yes, I know, we may not be the usuals :) but that's our main focus).

We have never rented a cart, and when going to the Outpost, have the benefit of catching 'any' color bus to get there, so don't have issues.

Can I say again that it's our favorite loop?? :)

We LOVE the 100 loop. All the reasons you listed.

Easy walk to the boat dock, The Settlement with Trails End and the bus stop.. No need for a golf cart. You can hear the boat whistles. It is great.

We have never had an issue with people cutting through a site. One trip we were in the very first site backed up to the basketball court. There were a group of older kids that thought 11:30 pm was a great time to shoot some hoops. DS was in grade school then so I had a little chat with them about appropriate noise levels close to midnight. No problems after that, but that can happen anywhere.

You are making me a little nostalgic. We have been in Loop 100 or 200 every trip to the Fort except our very first (1400), when we didn't know any better and booked a Premium site. Our old 5er fit really well in the Preferred loops. We bought a new 5er last year and we don't really fit on anything except a Premium site now (42 ft, 4 slides). We are getting a cart for our upcoming September trip and have a Premium site reserved. I'm going to take what ever site/loop is available when we arrive and land were we land. It will give me a chase to see a different side of the Fort.

j

We LOVE the 100 loop. All the reasons you listed.

Easy walk to the boat dock, The Settlement with Trails End and the bus stop.. No need for a golf cart. You can hear the boat whistles. It is great.

We have never had an issue with people cutting through a site. One trip we were in the very first site backed up to the basketball court. There were a group of older kids that thought 11:30 pm was a great time to shoot some hoops. DS was in grade school then so I had a little chat with them about appropriate noise levels close to midnight. No problems after that, but that can happen anywhere.

You are making me a little nostalgic. We have been in Loop 100 or 200 every trip to the Fort except our very first (1400), when we didn't know any better and booked a Premium site. Our old 5er fit really well in the Preferred loops. We bought a new 5er last year and we don't really fit on anything except a Premium site now (42 ft, 4 slides). We are getting a cart for our upcoming September trip and have a Premium site reserved. I'm going to take what ever site/loop is available when we arrive and land were we land. It will give me a chase to see a different side of the Fort.

j

I think Disney should have all of us coming in to Premium sites next to each other, we could have a huge DisBoards display of Disney enjoyment. We have at least 3 of us in Sept. We requested 400 this time around, but we will see.

PaHunter, when we get our TT we would love to join the DISsers 100 loop. It would have to be during a school break since dh & I are both educators. The school board would probably frown on us taking a week or so off to see the Mouse. :D

Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. On the map, that 100 loop looked perfect, with the 200 loop coming in at a close second. I've learned that things aren't always what they appear to be online, so I wanted to ask those of you who have been there, done that, and bought the t-shirts.

Again, thanks so much for replies. MK is our favorite park, so we would be there more than the others.

We requested 400 this time around, but we will see.
I would like to get in 400. How did you make a request already? I didn't think MDE would let us do early check in yet. And I'm all for trying to get together. Is it too "geeky" to try to link our reservations? :D

j

Count me in with all the comments above.

The last five trips we have reserved Preferred sites and three times I got loop 100. Once I was put in 200 and once there was NO space available so I was bumped across the street into a Premium site in 400. Last time there I got the site next to the walkway out of the loop down to the Settlement Trading Post. I could hear the Trails End porch music from the back of my site. It was pretty cool. I have a Preferred reserved for October and January 2018. 100 loop is the one we always request.

Teamubr,

Using the MDE Early Check-in option I think there is an option along the way to request being near someone by inputting their last name and arrival date. But you'll be doing the check-in before I will for my October trip so let me know if that option is still there.

Bama Ed

PS - I did meet North of Mouse the first time I stayed in 100 loop this go-around. She and DH were in the loop too as she says but they stay gone almost all the time. It's hard to catch them at the RV.

Just had them put a loop request on our reservation when i called to note our rig size.
We could link our reservations and drive them crazy since we are coming in 2 days apart.

Just had them put a loop request on our reservation when i called to note our rig size.
We could link our reservations and drive them crazy since we are coming in 2 days apart.
I'm sure they've had crazier requests before. Who did you call? Normal reservations? The last time I requested a loop, you faxed it in.

j

I'm sure they've had crazier requests before. Who did you call? Normal reservations? The last time I requested a loop, you faxed it in.

j

Yes just the regular reservation number. Gave them the rig size, slideouts, overall length, and had them note the loop request also while i had them on the phone.

We can't have those 2 monster rigs next to each other. The whole loop will tip. :)

If they were next to each other, they would cast a very big shadow by blocking out the sun's rays on a big portion of the sky.

Should Randy/SouthAlabama5er have his rig parked nearby as a threesome, the World would be cast into 24/7 darkness and it would get really weird.

giphy.gif

The spell would only be broken when the first of them broke camp and went home. Best to keep Chris and Jim at least on opposite sides of the same loop to give the lush summer vegetation a chance to live and get a few minutes of daily sunshine. :beach:

Bama Ed

PS - I've seen Jim's rig at Gulf Shores up close (watched him back in expertly) and she's a big rig...

Have to agree put Chris Randy and Jim side by side by side in the same loop and the Earth would shift of it's rotational axis but would provided undeniable proof that climate change is caused by man Al Gore will be so Happy.
Ed given this thread is about 100 loop happy to see you have added to it. Very surprised however hat you didn't advise them to check in with you prior to asking Disney for a site in the 100 loop Not everyone is aware of how discerning you are in regards to decorum and conduct of those camping around you With the Scupper out on medical leave we need to police ourselves to ensure that NO RIFF RAFF Celebrity or Garden Variety IE ME are too close to you

Well Teamubr's application was accepted by the Membership Committee under somewhat dubious circumstances, Mike. He came bearing gifts of grilled pork smothered in BBQ sauce and that might have swayed a majority of members in his favor.

PaHunter, on the other hand, still has a pending application and thus is on probation until the Committee motions to approve his completed application and certify the attachments. Again, smoked meats or grilled seafood are the best attachments.

Hey, whoa, don't check with me, I just work here shuffling paper and keeping the Committee Members informed. I simply stand in the back of the room and fetch coffee while keeping my mouth shut (loose lips could cause me to fall up some stairs and break my neck like what happened to the last guy). Members prefer to keep their Committee affiliation quiet but even a Big 10 fan could figure out a few names....

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Well Teamubr's application was accepted by the Membership Committee under somewhat dubious circumstances.
What do you mean dubious? Just because I bribed the committee with unique delicacies from St Louis that no one had heard of, that shouldn't cast a cloud. :-)

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter