Loonie may go back to 1.28 speculation....

Speculation from the Bank of Canada...the oil crash prices are over, there is "rumor " of an interest rate increase...and also a small hike in our credit rating and that is why the interest rate increase. I wonder if the dollar will keep climbing if these points are met? Guess only time will tell. Not good news for soft wood lumber, but at least oil is coming back or holding steady.

After reading the Disneyland California forum for years without actually creating an account or replying I finally decided to join! Just found this forum today and so excited because I've been watching the exchange rate alone with no idea what to do! I think I'll wait for a bit to get US cash for our October trip and see how the loonie does :)

After reading the Disneyland California forum for years without actually creating an account or replying I finally decided to join! Just found this forum today and so excited because I've been watching the exchange rate alone with no idea what to do! I think I'll wait for a bit to get US cash for our October trip and see how the loonie does :)
:welcome:

That's what my DH does, buys a couple of hundred worth when it's a particularly good exchange day....
Here is hoping dollar is over 80 for your October trip!

:welcome:

That's what my DH does, buys a couple of hundred worth when it's a particularly good exchange day....
Here is hoping dollar is over 80 for your October trip!

Thank you for the good vibes! When we started going to Disneyland in 2010 the loonie was at par so I am definitely missing those days!

I just rebooked our hotel room at RPR today. Paid $1500 CAD a week ago, and with the Canadian dollar's rise, I rebooked it at $1476. Every dollar back in my pocket counts.

Thank you for the good vibes! When we started going to Disneyland in 2010 the loonie was at par so I am definitely missing those days!
We first went in 2012 and I don't think the loonie was at par then but it was near 90 cents I bet.
I'm glad we started going then because by now Disney has sucked us in for sure ;)
If we had to go now for the first time... well I don't know if we would!
Do you live on the West Coast?
Just assuming since you've been going to Disneyland.
We have only done Disney World but it's under 20 hr drive or 2 hr flight for us... one day hope to try California!

We first went in 2012 and I don't think the loonie was at par then but it was near 90 cents I bet.
I'm glad we started going then because by now Disney has sucked us in for sure ;)
We have only done Disney World but it's under 20 hr drive or 2 hr flight for us... one day hope to try California!
Actually we don't...we are just outside of Toronto, about 15 mins to Pearson Airport! We started going out there on business trips with my husband (they have an office in Santa Ana) and we got hooked! Never been to WDW though we would like to at least once. We just love Disneyland so much and to be honest I have a lot of anxiety so the familiarity of trips there makes it much easier for me to travel...I get overwhelmed thinking of WDW!

We rented through David's for a September trip and ended up having to cancel. Luckily, someone picked up our reservation and we got a nice refund at the beginning of June! At that time, I was glad the dollar was still low...but now that I'm looking to rebook for later in the year, I'd love it to keep climbing!

I think I'm going to pay off my trip today... ugh! I did just purchase Memory Maker for the trip... but that was a small amount compared to the big final payment lol.

We see both sides of this coin so-to-speak ... got burned pretty bad when we needed to take out cash for our trip mid January and then again when we paid off what we had put on the US Mastercard when we got home. HOWEVER, hubby get paid by one of his clients in US funds and his last cheque saw us realize a *bonus* of over $1,000 !!!

We see both sides of this coin so-to-speak ... got burned pretty bad when we needed to take out cash for our trip mid January and then again when we paid off what we had put on the US Mastercard when we got home. HOWEVER, hubby get paid by one of his clients in US funds and his last cheque saw us realize a *bonus* of over $1,000 !!!

Unless my college students start to tip their teacher in Benjamins, I won't be seeing any of that other side of the coin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter