Looks like this was written with this group in mind

No it wasn’t, you got suckered. It was written so Yahoo finance (Apollo Global Management) could shill unsuspecting people into getting credit cards through their business affiliate links. The best cash back card is freedom unlimited? That’s stupid. It’s a 1.5% cash back card. There are 2% cards with no AF for those who want cash back with no categories- but they don’t give Apollo a sweet referral bonus for your click. And no mention that Amex bonuses are once in a lifetime so it should be the best bonus or that Chase has had higher offers on the Boundless? That article is disguised as news but it is a lie. It’s a referral click fest for Apollo.

Don’t sign up for anything from that page, if you simply have to have one of those credit cards ask a family member or friend who has it for a referral link. For Amex any Amex card can refer to all other Amex cards. Read it for research if you want but remind yourself the whole time it’s the same as something like The Points Guy- long ago sold to a venture capital firm and happy to shill you cc’s even when the sign up bonus sucks or the card is not actually the best for various reasons.

Anyone who has q’s on the best credit cards to help you achieve your vacation goals should check out I love credit cards right here on the DIS.

In my view, the 'best' credit card varies by person. How much do you spend annually, which airport/airline do you generally fly, which perks are actually things you will use? Those are basic questions where the answers will be different for everyone. If you have several airline credit cards, you will likely never accumulate enough 'points' to make it worth anything.

99.9% of what you read or hear on the news is paid. The only things that are not paid to add opinion is Rain on Monday morning and live coverage accident at X. We pay….. I know of exactly 1 person on the news that buys full price and will mention our name and yes we have paid for full on news stories….. opinions for anything and everything on any website, TV or radio station = $$$

No it wasn’t, you got suckered. It was written so Yahoo finance (Apollo Global Management) could shill unsuspecting people into getting credit cards through their business affiliate links. The best cash back card is freedom unlimited? That’s stupid. It’s a 1.5% cash back card. There are 2% cards with no AF for those who want cash back with no categories- but they don’t give Apollo a sweet referral bonus for your click. And no mention that Amex bonuses are once in a lifetime so it should be the best bonus or that Chase has had higher offers on the Boundless? That article is disguised as news but it is a lie. It’s a referral click fest for Apollo.

Don’t sign up for anything from that page, if you simply have to have one of those credit cards ask a family member or friend who has it for a referral link. For Amex any Amex card can refer to all other Amex cards. Read it for research if you want but remind yourself the whole time it’s the same as something like The Points Guy- long ago sold to a venture capital firm and happy to shill you cc’s even when the sign up bonus sucks or the card is not actually the best for various reasons.

Anyone who has q’s on the best credit cards to help you achieve your vacation goals should check out I love credit cards right here on the DIS.
I should have added that it was probably paid advertising!

To be fair, some of their recommendations have more than 2% on dining and travel.

For myself, our go to is a 2.5% cash back card from Alliant, you have to jump thru some hoops to get that rate but it adds up quick for us. Supplement that with the rotating 5% cards and we end up closer to 3% on overall spend.

Unfortunately our Sears card that used to regularly give 10% back on things like supermarkets (hello Disney gift cards) stopped sending us the quarterly offers this year :-(

remind yourself the whole time it’s the same as something like The Points Guy- long ago sold to a venture capital firm and happy to shill you cc’s even when the sign up bonus sucks or the card is not actually the best for various reasons.
That is a good reminder - it seems like everyone of those old time blogs and discussion groups has sold out and all the recommendations are paid. I still use some for comparison purposes but always check for better sign up offers.

That may sound harsh but true.

Too many people seem to want to go around bashing whatever media outlet reports something they don't agree with. Way too many who seem to think that somehow makes their point of view more valid.............LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter