• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking to book 2 nights at Tokyo Disney after my ABD trip

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
Hopefully, my trip to Japan in July will take place. Originally Adventures by Disney gave a 2-night stay add-on to Disney at the end of the 10 day Japan trip. Now they have discontinued it, so I need to book this on my own. I understand that I cannot book now, it is generally 4 to 5 months prior to the travel dates that I can book. I have gone on the Tokyo Disney website to get used to using it and I feel comfortable. Any hints or information that anyone can provide is helpful. The one thing I am not sure about is getting transportation from our Toyko hotel over to Disney, any recommendations?

There are a number of buses from various areas in the city which go directly to the park entrances. I generally prefer this option if I'm leaving from near there and the time works for me (search for the schedule online). If you are moving hotels, this is a good balance between price and convenience because they have people who will load your luggage into the storage area of the bus for you.

Another option would be to take the subway (JR). From Tokyo station, you take the Keiyo line to Maihama station. From there you take the Disneyland Resort Line.

There's always taxis which will be a bit more expensive and will be the best in terms of convenience, especially if you are moving hotels with luggage.

Where is your hotel and what hotel (if any) are you considering in the Disneyland area?

Our hotel for our last day of the tour will be The Peninsula Tokyo and I am hoping to stay at the Miracosta.

Our hotel for our last day of the tour will be The Peninsula Tokyo and I am hoping to stay at the Miracosta.

Train method (recommended): Get to Tokyo station either by walking or by taking the Yamanote line one stop from Yurakucho station (make sure to enter the JR side of Yurakucho, NOT the Tokyo Metro side). Take the Keiyo line from Tokyo station to Maihama. Exit Maihama station and go to the Welcome Center on the left to check in to your hotel. After dropping off your bags there, you can take the Resort Line to Disneysea station where the Miracosta is. The Welcome Center closes at 5PMish so if you arrive after that, you will have to take your stuff with you to the Miracosta to check in.

Alternate train method: Take the Yurakucho line from the Tokyo Metro side of Yurakucho station to Shin-Kiba. From there, exit to the JR side and take the Keiyo line to Maihama. This is slightly less walking than train method 1 but not recommended during rush hour because you may have a hard time getting on a train at Shin-Kiba compared to Tokyo station.

I don't really recommend buses for this route because of the strict timetable and it's a bit confusing from Tokyo station. Taxis will obviously take you from door to door between your hotels. I've only taken a taxi from Disneysea to near this area once and it was around 7,000 JPY.

One of the things we learned the hard way was taking a lot of luggage on the trains. What worked better was using a courier service. Or if it was just a couple days back and forth take a weekend bag and leave most of the luggage at the departure hotel and pick it up after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter