looking for piratesmate

maleficent1959

<font color=FF0033>200,000 DIS'ers can't be wrong.
I wanted to say thank you again for the Boma flank steak marinade recipe. We tried it with meatballs for our holiday party on Saturday and our guests raved. We also had bite-sized Durban chicken that they also loved. Unfortunately there were no leftovers....

I'm so glad that everyone enjoyed your meal! It's so nice when people appreciate your effort by consuming everything in sight! :D :D :D

Would you please explain how you used the marinade with the meatballs? Did you marinate the meatballs, or use the spices in the mix? I hadn't thought about doing that! I was getting bummed because it's getting too cold to grill steaks any more this winter!

Deb

On the day of the party I marinated the meatballs in the fridge from about 7:00am. I cheated a little and got the big bag-o-meatballs from Sam's and tripled the recipe so there was enough. A couple hours before the party I threw it all in the crockpot to heat, then transferred them (marinade and all) to a chafing dish a few minutes before the guests began arriving. They were soooo good. DH and I were glad we sampled beforehand as we got none for the rest of the evening!

I'm sorry to report that we are still grilling steaks in Florida. In fact, DH grilled all the Durban chicken for the party.

That sounds so good! I think I will have to try this - especially with frozen meatballs!

d

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter