Looking for ideas...

What are the rates for face painting?
A lot, like 16-18 bucks for the Frozen design our kid got in CA Adventure at the Freeze The Night dance party. There is also a stand in Downtown Disney that always tempts me! Their designs are pretty, but I doubt they are much cheaper.

My daughter always wants her face painted. At Halloween time they did free Day of the Dead face painting near Thunder Mountain. She ended up getting the skull on her hand (that was what the person in front of her did), and it wiped off and was a big mess. I was glad I'd never paid for one as she probably would have smeared it on her face too. $16 is a LOT for face painting, I didn't know it was that much.

Is she into princess or other costumes? Last time we went we saw a lot of youngsters wearing various disney outfits. Those can be really expensive to buy in park but much cheaper if you buy it ahead of time. I haven't bought one myself but in the past have seen them at Walmart and at JCP which now has a little "Disney store" inside their JCP stores. (We found the cutest, softest Sully monster stuffed animal there a couple years ago, who knew? They had quite a selection when I saw it.) Anyway, if you want to get her a costume you could pack it in your bags and lay it out on the bed when she's in the bathroom, super fast and easy. I hope you all have a magical trip!:tink:

Thank you guys so much for your helpful suggestions! I just got off the phone with Vacation Planning.

Here is what we were able to put together:
I booked a reservation for the Ariel's Grotto Princess Character Breakfast. The are going to get an autographed photo of Ariel and create a card (signed by Ariel) inviting her and her family to have breakfast with her. It will provide the reservation information. They will have all of that for me at check-in. It will be packaged in a white envelope and will include Celebrating buttons for each of us.

Then, on Thursday afternoon, they are going to deliver a little package with Princess Ears w/her name embroidered, and some other treats will be included with that. There will be a card that says something to the effect of: "We are so proud of you! Love, your Disney Pals." (Cost of this was about $50).

She is going to flip!!!

Almost anything bought there would be expensive. I would get her a we're celebrating button, have ice cream for lunch, and let her have a small giftcard for buying a souvenir.

Edited because I just saw that you already found your solution. Sounds like a great plan! I'm sure she will love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter