Looking for HH reviews....

beccawes7471

Mouseketeer
I am not a current dvc owner, but am renting points in jan at SSR and thinking of buying in, if I can convince DH :) I don't see alot about Hilton Head on here, maybe I'm not looking in the right spot. We are thinking of vacationing later this year in the Carolinas, were originally thinking Raleigh-Durham but when I got to thinking how much we've loved our other Dis stays I started looking in to HH. However on tripadvisor the reviews are pretty mixed and that has me a bit worried. Any input is appreciated, now's your chance to win me over:) thanks!

Here's a link to a thread on the Planning Board from Laurabearz that's pretty good: Hilton Head Lovers

We own there and had our first trip home in September and really enjoyed the resort. We're also going back Easter week.

There are plenty of activities at the resort and on the island. And lot's agreat restaurants too. The resort itself is on it's own tiny island in the middle of HH, so it is not on the beach. There is a nice beach house, w/pool, grill and bar with free shuttle service.

No offense, but I wouldn't think that going to RDU would be much of a vacation.... :rolleyes:

My DH & I went for the first time this past June. We loved it and I just made my reservations for next June today. Next year we are taking my DS, DDIL & DGS. Can't wait!!!!!

:banana: ::MickeyMo :dog2: ::MinnieMo :banana:

My wife and I love HH, our home is SSR, but this is a great place to go and relax very laid back. You can hang by the pool or head to the ocean just whatever, and the resort is beautiful.

. :cool1:

In some ways, Disney's HHI resort is better than a trip to another DVC resort at WDW. It's more relaxing, more laid back, more like a real V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N. The main attraction is the beach, and the resort has its own beachhouse located less than five minutes away via car, bike, or free shuttle. It's a direct shot and easy to do. The beachhouse has its own grill, pool, bar, game room, activity room, and shower facilities. You can come and go as you please from the beach. The beach itself is great for running, biking, walking, or just lounging and playing in the surf. My wife loved sunning while reading a book and watching me ride herd on our DD5.

Back at the resort, there are activities galore, including fishing, crabbing, arts & crafts, games, and kayaking to name just a few. They also have a pool w/slide and a hot tub. The rooms are typical DVC resort rooms, so quite comfy and spacious. And your restaurant options are wonderful--HHI is chock full of great places to eat, some just a two-minute walk over the short marina bridge leading to the resort. And there is more than just seafood to choose from--name your ethnic food loves and you'll likely find it somewhere on HHI. Best of all, they have good coffee on HHI, unlike what you find at WDW. Three minutes down the main drag from the resort is a Starbucks, for example. I patronized them each morning and loved it.

My main suggestion for a trip to HHI is not to expect the Disney "magic" as you would a trip to WDW. The beach is a "theme park" in its own right, but what's missing are the long lines for rides, the overly crowded restaurants, and the constant feeling you should be someplace else in an hour. HHI is simply very relaxing. One more recommendation: get an upstairs room/suite. The bottom level rooms are just as nice, but they don't block out the sound of feet and furniture being moved over your head very well. Even the nicest of families with kids is going to make noise in the course of everyday living, so you'd be better off being over others and trying to minimize the noise you make. Good luck! :paw:

I feel much better, it sounds wonderful. I esp think this would be a dream for dh and ds who will be 6 by then. It sounds really family oriented with lots of relaxing, which is my fav:) thanks so much to all of you! :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter