Looking For Control Freaks & Worry Warts too........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone! Don't mean to be MIA - just reading late, and too tired to post most of the time.

Kara, so sorry about your dogs. I know it's hard - thinkin of you. Cute Disney Room ideas! My kitchen is black and white with classic Disney kitchen stuff and red and white gingham curtains. I love it!

Lisa, WHAT? I can't believe they are not inviting you - even the kids...usually weddings are for families - I guess I can sort of understand, but no spouses? I don't think my DH would go.

Cammie - Yikes! You must have been so scared!

Don't know who asked about boys - they tend to be loud and agressive, but so much fun! We have had to curtail Power Rangers and Transformers around here - we try to stick to "house of Mouse!" :rotfl2:

Hi Everyone! Don't mean to be MIA - just reading late, and too tired to post most of the time.

Kara, so sorry about your dogs. I know it's hard - thinkin of you. Cute Disney Room ideas! My kitchen is black and white with classic Disney kitchen stuff and red and white gingham curtains. I love it!

Welcome Laura!

Lisa, WHAT? I can't believe they are not inviting you - even the kids...usually weddings are for families - I guess I can sort of understand, but no spouses? I don't think my DH would go.

Cammie - Yikes! You must have been so scared!

Don't know who asked about boys - they tend to be loud and agressive, but so much fun! We have had to curtail Power Rangers and Transformers around here - we try to stick to "house of Mouse!" :rotfl2:

Update on TMI: Size 9 feet, medium ****s, I have lost 7 lbs! :yay:

I will try to see Debbie on April 8th!

Well, I'd better get - I am going to volunteer at church tonight. Hello Debbie, Erin, Renee, Tessa, Pam and Pam, everyone else.... Have a wonderful night!

Hi Girls,
Sorry I have been MIA...kind of in the middle of some anxiety ridden days.
I haven't been sleeping good, my Mom is crying 24/7 over our doggie, my DH wants to buy a new truck (I don't do well with major decisions), we have no set plans for Easter yet (Remember how DH's side is) and I am stressed. Oh well...I will probably lose a couple lbs at least!

So we had a scary moment today. Go to pick youngest DD up at school to take her to get braces. I'm waiting w/ all the other parents at the back exit of the school; dismissal time comes and goes - no kids. 10 minutes go by; still no kids. Next we see helicopters flying over head and a police car comes in to tell us the school is in lockdown!:scared1: A house in town was broken into and then a car was stolen and the police were on a all-out manhunt looking for the guy - though he tells us not to worry, they didn't believe he was dangerous. Then why scare the crap out of us and lockdown the school? Anyway, they would only release the kids if you came into the office and showed ID. Have no idea if they caught the guy yet but we made it to the dentist.
Glad everything os OK!!!!!! Scary times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will have to check it out!

Watching Idol now - so who's a fan??? And did I read there that there is a Lost thread somewhere?

Great new idea - DH wants to set up the upstairs bedroom as a Disney room, right? So I am doing an 8x10 invitation from all the restaurants we have dined at in the World and making a "border" all around the ceiling. I got cheap black frames at Joann's tonight. About 15 restaurants, and I'll leave a wall blank for those we hit in the future. I think it will be cute. DH never goes in that room (in fact he rarely goes upstairs!) so I may paint and decorate gradually and surprise him in a week or two.

AND, I listed my first item on ebay!!!! Actually, I have 10 things for sale now - I'm selling all those Fisher Price Little People buildings that Ally never plays with. Even if I get $5 for each one - it's $5 more than I have now, AND it clears out a ton of space! Debbie, if this works for me, you may need to try it!

Ladies, have a wonderful night - until tomorrow!

Yes, I watch Idol. Love it! I am a reality TV junkie!
Your Disney room sounds great! Take pix when it's done.

Sorry about the doggie stress. I feel your pain!

I have done a lot on Ebay but now have been in a long lull. I do have to do something!

:

Hi Tammie! Glad to see you here. Hope the 8th does work out!

Hi Lisa! Great to see you! The wedding thing sounds weird to me too?

Hi Laura! Welcome to the craziness.

Side note...not a fan of Bratz.

Hi Jillian , Tessa, Renee..........

Hey everyone working these past few days seems everyone is going thru a ton of stress right now. :grouphug: It's nice to have a little more day light and it feels like I can get a little more done. Also the weather other than today is getting better.

Talk more tomorrow.

Hi everyone -- whew, I finally had a chance to catch up on older posts...:surfweb: I think it's great this thread is so active !!!

I've be so busy at work - no time to DIS :rolleyes1 Sometimes I wish I could be a SAHM or work part time, but DH reminds me that I have to work to support my Disney habit.;) Oh well...

We're almost at the six month mark before our trip, and I've been agonizing over airfare (yes, I know I'm preaching to the choir). I've been hoping the fares go down, but don't think that's happening. Now I'm worried that with the summer travel season coming soon, that airlines will start raising prices to account for fuel surcharges - esp. with oil prices over $100 a barrel.:scared1:
I will probably bite the bullet and buy tomorrow, maybe. I'm so indecisive. :sad2:

I love all the pretty princess princess: photos. Your kids are sooo cute. (Yes, Debbie, I will set up a Photobucket account to post my "old" photos from last Oct. - just wish my company didn't block access to Photobucket because my home computer is soooo sloooow...:headache:)

I, too, am housework-challenged.:laughing: Birds of a feather, flock together.

Hope everyone is doing well :flower3: Aloha -- keahi

I, too, am housework-challenged.:laughing: Birds of a feather, flock together.

shhhhhhh me too! I think you are right Keahi:goodvibes

:banana::cool1:I GOT DOWN TO 199pounds today!!!!:cool1::banana:
you have no idea how long I have wanted to get back to there!!!

Our wedding - 9 years ago - the last time I was under 200:eek:- we just invited everyone -some brought the kids, others didn't as they wanted to drink.... I would not have dreamt of saying not to stay with your partner though...:confused3 We had family staying with us and had to make room, but everyone was welcome..... the happy (??) couple obviously have a way they want things to be ....

The weather here is atrocious -wet and windy and cos of the wind it feels soooo cold - even cancelled the horse racing yesterday for the second time in history cos of the wind..... I am sooooooooo looking forward to temperatures above 70 - aren't you Erin!! Not long to go now...

Tessa

Good morning all!

Tessa - Congrats on the weight loss! You go, girl!:banana:

I'm trying to be more disciplined myself - hitting the gym more consistently. I also "loosely" follow Weight Watchers. I say "loosely" because I HATE diets (I like food too much and refuse to deny myself. Life's too short), but I do know how many points I should be consuming a day and try to stick close to it most of the time. We'll see how it goes - as I've mentioned, I really need to reduce this spare tire that has appeared around my mid-section. My muffin top has to go!

Lisa - I agree with everyone else - it's just rude that you're not allowed to go to the wedding. Kids - I kind of understand; but I've always feel it's especially hard for families coming from out of town for a wedding - you just don't need a babysitter for the evening - you need one for the whole weekend. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Keahi - Welcome back! I, too, having been stressing over airfare for our trip in June; kept hoping the prices would come down, but they've been consistently going up. So I finally bit the bullet & booked last week for fear they would go higher - $750 for two rt(it would have been @$600 in Jan. - :headache: ). I don't play this airfare game but if you over to the transportation board, most experts are predicting that the days of really cheap tickets are fading - especially with oil prices rising and the SWA debacle - which is the airline I booked with coincidently!:scared:

Tammie & Jillian - Welcome back to both of you! How are your trip plans going?

Count me as another Bratz-hater! Fortunately, my DD or her friends never really had an interest in them - they are die-hard Barbie fans. Although, I don't think Barbie has been looking so good these days either. Every Barbie I see lately seems to come dressed in short skirts, spike-heels and heavily made up eyes. Where did "school-teacher Barbie" go?

I'll probably be on a little more today - have a quiet day planned for once - resting up for younger DDs sleepover party tomorrow night! Talk to you later!

My muffin top has to go!.....and the SWA debacle - which is the airline I booked with coincidently!:scared:

Count me as another Bratz-hater! Fortunately, my DD or her friends never really had an interest in them - they are die-hard Barbie fans. Although, I don't think Barbie has been looking so good these days either. Every Barbie I see lately seems to come dressed in short skirts, spike-heels and heavily made up eyes. Where did "school-teacher Barbie" go?

I'll probably be on a little more today - have a quiet day planned for once - resting up for younger DDs sleepover party tomorrow night! Talk to you later!

Cammie - Ah, the ole muffin top! :rotfl2: I don't think mine will EVER go away!!! And yesterday I was stressing so bad over the whole dog thing, that I took DD to McD's for dinner!!!! :eek: I haven't been there for so long! And it tasted sooooo yummy for a change.

So what is up with SWA? I must have missed that. :confused3

As for Barbie, DD got one with a tattoo around her belly button!!! :scared1: Courtesy of DSIL (surprise, surprise!). DH about flipped!

I may actally nap today - I haven't been able to get a good night's sleep since the time change!!! I'm really dragging today.

Y'all have a great day! Hello to everyone!

Quick question, can we take advantage of the Dining Plan if we use an annual or seaonal pass?

So what is up with SWA? I must have missed that. :confused3

Ah - it's a lovely story that re-strengthens my faith in the airline industry.... last week SWA was fined the largest fine ever for continuing to fly planes that had not passed FAA inspection - some had cracks in them; most recent news, as of yesterday, was that they grounded 40 planes that needed to be further inspected. So did not need to hear this story after I had just booked my tix with them, for the first time mind you. I'm now trying to put a positive spin on this by thinking that now that the FAA is watching them more closely, SWA will be even more diligent with their inspections. I hope!

Quick question, can we take advantage of the Dining Plan if we use an annual or seaonal pass?

I think the only stipulation with the DDP is that you need to be staying on Disney property, although not 100% sure - would check a "sticky" on the dining board. But, since you have the AP, did you know you could purchase a DDE card - it gives you 20% off everything, alcohol included. I'm purchasing one for my trip in June; it's good for a year so I'll be able to use it again in November.

Good morning Girls!
Well here’s where we are at now…..DH waited to see what was going to happen next (unfortunately while we were waiting we had to put another $800.00 into the 99’ Tahoe so we could still trade it in for a reasonable amount) and now new offers are out...........
You either take the rebates or 0%. I am so stressed over this. DH is pretty set in getting a new truck now and he keeps upping the #s every time he comes back to me. I said what happened to the 05’ at $18,000? I feel like the bad guy every time I burst the bubble. He feels like if he is going to drive a car for 10 years then why not put more money into it. I dread the thought of a huge car payment! I am really sick of having to be the bad guy when he never says BOO about how much we spend on WDW or how much I spend on anything for that matter but I just think it's a dumb move! The problem is I don't know what the right move is!

CONGRATS Tessa on being under 200!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cammie..I am looking at airfare to Ft Myers in June but you can't really compare apples and oranges when we are flying from two different places. Mine isn't TOO bad at the moment but of course I will wait too long as well and I am sure it will go up when I book!
Yes, Keahi it would be worse to be you!!! I have paid Hawaii airfare before and it is HORRIBLE:scared1: ! Also, I am going to have to get a job to keep up my WDW addiction!
Kara...don't know anything about APs with DDPs. The time change is still messing with my family too. No body can fall asleep at night and nobody wants to get up in the morning!
Hi Jillian...thanks for the hugs...I need them! Your work week is almost over, right?

My anxiety is at a peak:headache: ! I hate these kind of days but maybe this time I will embrace it as a weight losss solution:rolleyes: !

I think I am overreacting but we were supposed to be going to my DH's brother's wedding in Vancouver this summer but they called my DH the other day and said kids weren't invited. They also said that they had rooms set up and wanted only my DH to go to Vancouver. I can't even stay there w/my DH and hang out w/him the day before or after. I know it was going to be an expense but I was all set in going. I find it rude to say that we aren't allowed in Vancouver. I don't know, is it just me.

We too addressed our invites at Mr and Ms. XXXX and specifically left of and family. Our wedding was an old mansion downtown and it really wasn't a place for little kids. Some people chose to bring them anyway and thankfully the location had crayons and coloring pages for the them. I find it very rude that they would exclude you and the kids especially since there is travel involved.

Take the high road. I have had to swallow my pride numerous times with DSIL. After doing it for 3 yrs people are really starting to see where the issues lie.

I know that there pills out there to help with weight loss but are there any to help with a never ending pile of laundry? :laundy: :goodvibes

Love reading this thread. It in itself has be come an addiction....

We too addressed our invites at Mr and Ms. XXXX and specifically left of and family. Our wedding was an old mansion downtown and it really wasn't a place for little kids. Some people chose to bring them anyway and thankfully the location had crayons and coloring pages for the them. I find it very rude that they would exclude you and the kids especially since there is travel involved.

Take the high road. I have had to swallow my pride numerous times with DSIL. After doing it for 3 yrs people are really starting to see where the issues lie.

I know that there pills out there to help with weight loss but are there any to help with a never ending pile of laundry? :laundy: :goodvibes

It's like having coffee with the gals isn't it??
Glad your with us...did I miss where you are from?

Laura - first of all, do we all have the same SIL??? :rotfl2:

And if there WAS a pill for laundry, I'd OD on it! You're right about this thread - it fits me perfectly! It's a place to whine and moan and nobody complains or tells you to suck it up! I love it!!!! And I don't yell at DH anymore when he tells me to suck it up!:rotfl:

Good morning Girls!
Well here’s where we are at now…..DH waited to see what was going to happen next (unfortunately while we were waiting we had to put another $800.00 into the 99’ Tahoe so we could still trade it in for a reasonable amount) and now new offers are out...........
You either take the rebates or 0%. I am so stressed over this. DH is pretty set in getting a new truck now and he keeps upping the #s every time he comes back to me. I said what happened to the 05’ at $18,000? I feel like the bad guy every time I burst the bubble. He feels like if he is going to drive a car for 10 years then why not put more money into it. I dread the thought of a huge car payment! I am really sick of having to be the bad guy when he never says BOO about how much we spend on WDW or how much I spend on anything for that matter but I just think it's a dumb move! The problem is I don't know what the right move is!

My anxiety is at a peak:headache: ! I hate these kind of days but maybe this time I will embrace it as a weight losss solution:rolleyes: !

Debbie - I'm so sorry you're having a rough go of it! :grouphug: I know that money is always the most stressful thing - especially the thought of shelling out $$$$ for a car. Luckily for us, DH manages an auto auction, so we get all our cars at cost. Then we drive them until they fall apart. I have never had a new car and don't think I ever will! We get all ours one or 2 years old and you save sooooo much money!!!! And to me, it is still "new." The only nice thing about the new cars is the 0% financing.

I wish I could lose weight when I'm stressed, but for me it is the opposite - last night I made a pan of brownies and ate half of them!!!

Ah - it's a lovely story that re-strengthens my faith in the airline industry.... last week SWA was fined the largest fine ever for continuing to fly planes that had not passed FAA inspection - some had cracks in them; most recent news, as of yesterday, was that they grounded 40 planes that needed to be further inspected. So did not need to hear this story after I had just booked my tix with them, for the first time mind you. I'm now trying to put a positive spin on this by thinking that now that the FAA is watching them more closely, SWA will be even more diligent with their inspections. I hope!

I think the only stipulation with the DDP is that you need to be staying on Disney property, although not 100% sure - would check a "sticky" on the dining board. But, since you have the AP, did you know you could purchase a DDE card - it gives you 20% off everything, alcohol included. I'm purchasing one for my trip in June; it's good for a year so I'll be able to use it again in November.

Cammie - I will check out the sticky, thanx! As for SWA, I agree that they are probably the safest airline out there right now. My dad used to always tell us to fly the airline that had the most recent crash, for the same reason! :eek:

Well, I just made a very important call - I called Charles Schwab to transfer my IRA from my old job. We started talking and I found out that they offer checking accounts with over 3% interest! That's crazy high for checking! My SIL has been trying for over a week to get money out of their online account with another company and it is apparently taking an act of Congress to get it (yes, this is the money she has owed us for over 4months for Hoop Dee Doo tickets! :rolleyes: ). So I decided to look into some other options. And guess what I am going to do? I am going to open my own saving acct without DH knowing about it - and I'm going to save for DVC! As long as I can still contribute to my IRA, I don't think he'll be upset.

OK, who has a DVC? Here's my big question. How do you handle family? Do they ask to use it? Do you take them with you? Does one side get upset if you take the other side?

Both our families (with the exception of my sister) would make snide remarks if we took my parents, or DH's family, etc. I swear they all drive me nuts!!!!! My parents made a snide remark because we drove 5 1/2 hrs to see DH's family a few weeks ago, but we haven't made the 14 hr trip to see them!!! Since we moved, we are now a flight away from my family instead of a car ride. So it's a bit more expensive. Plus, DH and I both work, DD has school, it's not like we can just make that trip in a weekend! My parents are so irrational sometimes! And they are so nasty about us going to WDW with DH's family in May. My parents could never afford to do that, and they won't save the money just for themselves so we could all go together with everyone paying their own way. DH really wants to take my parents to Disney, but I'm the one who thinks they'd just complain about everything. The older they get, the grumpier they get!

Wow, didn't know I was going to go off on THAT tangent! Later!

There go us, women again - you're looking for stress to help lose weight; I'm secretly wondering how I can get that flu that's been going around to jump-start my weight loss! What's that line from "The Devil Wears Prada"? "I'm one stomach bug away from my goal weight?":rotfl:

If you find that pill - put me down for a lifetime supply! Although, isn't that why we have kids?

Glad you're enjoying our thread. It is like coffee with the gals, Debbie! We should have a little "happy hour" on Friday nights - pick a designated time and drink of choice and then hang out on the thread together!:drinking1 :banana:

I am glad that there are a lot people like me.:lmao: I have a lot of gray hair from stressing out. :rotfl:

It's almost over I have tonight and then that is it until Monday.

Tessa- Yeah on under 200 I am trying so hard. I had PPD and a bad thyroid after baby and now 10 months later I am trying to take it all off. I have to take off 50 lbs. I would be happy living at 145 - 150 I was 118 and I looked like death won't go there again. I am back to the gym tonight 2 miles a day and after Disney will pick it up a little more. I also am not going to go crazy while there. I want to use all of that walking to my advantage.

DH and I had the talk last night about adding another one to the mix. I am not really sure I want to do the baby thing all over again. I love when they get to be around 2 and cannot wait for DS to get there, but on the other had I would love a little girl or another little boy to give DS a sibling I am so close to mine and I think it is amazing.

DH and I had the talk last night about adding another one to the mix. I am not really sure I want to do the baby thing all over again. I love when they get to be around 2 and cannot wait for DS to get there, but on the other had I would love a little girl or another little boy to give DS a sibling I am so close to mine and I think it is amazing.

Been there felt that! I waited until my kids would be three years apart and it has worked well so far. I was NOT ready before that!

I just lease a car I don't really drive much and I like having a new car every few years ,but this year DH decided when the lease is up we are going to be BUYING TWO NEW CARS :scared1: . A new Minivan and either an Xterra or a Murano. We also have a gas guzzeling truck that he is going to keep.:confused3

My DH is 9 years older than I am Me 26 him 35 so he wants to be done soon. I feel like I have alot of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter