• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Looking for a Mickey quilt design

meluvmickey

Earning My Ears
Hi
I have been looking for a mickey quilt design pattern for years. I finally found one that I loved. It was in the Winter 2003-2004 Disney Magazine. I was so excited. I sent an email to the magazine hoping that they could contact the woman for the pattern. But "NO" they are closed. I was so sad...and still am.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Can anyone out there help me find a Mickey Mouse quilt design?? I want it to be a design that creates the image of Mickey.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks a ton
::MickeyMo

You should contact your local library and ask them to find a library that carries the magazine, so they can copy the article for you. We handle requests like that all the time. (cross stitch patterns, knitting patterns, etc)

:earsboy:

I just re-read your post - you have the magazine, but it doesn't have the pattern!

I'm sorry...

I would do that. But...the magazine...only has a picture of the quilt. This women designed it.
It can never be easy.
Thanks for the tip.

Are you able to scan the picture?? If so, I would love to see it. Maybe I could draft a pattern from the picture.

If you go to the Toontown Fair and in the big tent thingy, there is a line to get a pic with Mickey. Anyhoo, there is a quilt hanging there made of that plaster material. I took a pic of it to make a quilt pattern like that. It is red and white blocks with the black mickey heads on the white blocks. Very simple, yet cute.

Its a small picture...but I will try to scan it tomorrow.
I would love to see the mIckey toontown design...if you don't mind.
I love anything mickey.
Please let me know.
I will scan the picture around 3pm.
Thanks for all of your help.

OK, let me see if I can find the picture. If I can't, then I will draft it this weekend and post it. Like I said, it is sooo simplistic, but I love Mickey way to much to care. I was thinking of making 9-patch squares of red and white and alternating with white squares with a Mickey head in it. I will work on getting you a pic this weekend.

Hi...I have a picture...its a little blurred and missing the edges...but it will give you an idea of what Im talking about.
I will try to send it with the response. It is my first time adding a picture...so not sure if I did it right.

I am dying to have someone make a quilt for my mother-in-law, she loves Mickey, but iw ant a quilt that's not so childish for her, and maybe in colors different than Mickey's regular colors. Please let me know if anyone has a pattern for this!

Thanks,

WhiteMoonRose

My mom passed away in August. She was a Disney freak and passed the gene to me. I continued the generational bond with my daughter. Since my daughter was very close to her and none of us are as small as my mom was, I took 6 of her embroidered Mickey fleece shirts and my crafty cousin is currently making them into a quilt for my DD. As soon as it is finished, I'll post a pic. I think it's going to be very nice though. A couple years ago my daughter found a Disney embroidery sewing machine and my machine had recently died so she went to grandma and they got me one for Christmas. I embroidered 6 Mickey blocks to act as corners & joiners. This is a true labor of love and is helping me bring back some beautiful memories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter