Logistics Top of the World Lounge

robndani

DIS Veteran
Hi. We’re heading to WDW tomorrow and plan on watching the fireworks from TOTW lounge. We’re staying at AKL and have a car. My sisters friend has never been to Disney so I though I tour of the monorail resorts would be fun ending with fireworks. How would you get there?

Hi. We’re heading to WDW tomorrow and plan on watching the fireworks from TOTW lounge. We’re staying at AKL and have a car. My sisters friend has never been to Disney so I though I tour of the monorail resorts would be fun ending with fireworks. How would you get there?

You can take the bus from AKL to MK and walk over to CR/BLT (you’d go through security at the MK bus station, just FWI).

You can also Uber/Lyft/Taxi/Minnie Van direct to CR/BLT, or any monorail resort for that matter.

Have fun!

1. Bus to MK
  2. Resort Monorail to Poly (will stop at CR & TTC on the way)
  3. Resort Monorail to GF
  4. Resort Monorail to CR
I would have suggested taking the boat from MK to Poly (which will stop at GF on the way), but tomorrow is expected to be another cold day, and the boats are open-sided. If you're a hardy bunch, though, that's an option.

You also have the option of walking from Poly to GF; it's about 3/4 mi.

You might also want to tour WL, if you have the time. There are boats to WL from both MK & CR. The boats from CR are the small open-sided boats, but the one's from MK are enclosed.

Since you have a car, I’d drive and park at the TTC, then take the monorail to your the resorts. Note that TOTWL policy prohibits parking at BLT to visit the lounge, so the TTC makes the most sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter