Lizzydoll73's journal (comments welcome)

Lizzydoll73

DIS Veteran
I have been reading other's journals and got inspired to try losing the extra weight AGAIN. I am at 245lbs (ETA:later found out my scale was wrong, actually 250lbs) right now and would be very happy getting below 200lbs as a short term goal. We are going to Disney in May 2006 and I would love to be at 145lbs by then. I am a stay at home mother of a boy and a girl. I am 5'8" and started putting on weight before my first pregnancy in 2000. I topped out at 270lbs when DS was born in 2003. Since then I have lost some weight but seem to be stuck at my current weight.

1. My first problem is snacking late at night. I plan on not eating after 7 pm.
2. I stopped drinking soda and now drink mostly water.
3. I have had luck with Slimfast in the past and plan on doing a modified version of that. Slimfast really helps with my chocolate cravings.
4. I will right down EVERYTHING that I eat. I have done this before and I think twice about eating something if I know I have to right it down.
5. Need to exercise. The only problem I have is finding the time, very hard to do with a 2 and 4 year old. We have a home gym in our bedroom so I think I may have to get my butt out of bed @ 5 to workout before the kids get up.

:flower1: Welcome, Lizzydoll! You're going to love the WISH boards and the people you meet through your journal. We're always here for each other--supporting through the good times and the bad.

Best wishes as you strive to make your dreams for a healthy YOU come true.
YOU CAN DO THIS! :flower1:

Erin

Welcome Lizzydoll!
Finding time for exercise always seems to be a challenge. Have you thought of trying an exercise tapes? I have had great success with the Walk Away The Pounds (WATP) tapes. They come in 1, 2, 3 and 4 mile lengths. The 1 mile is only 16 minutes long. They would be easy to fit in and they are easy to do - no complicated steps. ::yes:: The 2 mile is a great tape - only 30 minutes. Heck - I think they are all great tapes. Just wanted to offer them as an option.

B-slimfast shake
S-slimfast snak bar
L-slimfast shake, green tea
S-2 hard boiled eggs, sugar free pink lemonade
D-steakburger w/ cheese, onions, lettuce on tortilla
S-strawberry lite yogurt

Water - 96 oz.

Exercise - did not do any but did 6 loads of laundry so was up and down stairs often

B-a yodel, not the best choice but was running out to the store
S-slimfast shake
L-1/2 ham & swiss sandwich w/lettuce and mayo
S-blueberry yogurt
D-baked chicken, mashed potatoes and carrots
S-decaf green tea

Water - 96 oz.

Exercise - took a mile walk since it was not too cold out today

Thanks Lulu201 and geetey for your support. I will check out the WATP tapes. I don't have alot of room in my living room so I'm not sure if these would work but thanks for the suggestion.

Welcome Lizzydoll,

You seem to be doing really well. The WATP are great. You need very little room, and it takes very little coordination. I have none, and have never had a problem. I highly recommend them. Target has them.

Keep up the great work,
Beth

Thanks Strings and Wilderness01! I'm glad to hear Target has those tapes, I was afraid I would have to go to the dreaded Walmart. :scared1: I think I may give them a try.

B-slimfast shake, slice of cantalope
S-blueberry yogurt, banana
L-2 egg & cheese omlet, slice of toast, fat free milk
S-apple w/ T. of peanut butter for dipping
D-slimfast shake
S-no fat strawberry yogurt, decaf green tea

Water - 96 oz

Exercise - did some stretching which felt really good, my muscles are REALLY out of shape, had to stop when DS started jumping on my back

Welcome Lizzydoll! You are taking the first steps...and seem to be off to a good start. You will get so much support here!

Gail

Welcome Lizzydoll!

You are off to a great start! I look forward to reading your journal as you make your way towards your goal. You can do it and we're all here to support you! :cheer2:

B-slimfast shake
S-1/2 cucumber with lite italian dressing and shredded cheddar
L-slice of sicilian pizza
S-no fat strawberry yogurt
D-slimfast shake
S-an orange

Water - 112 oz.

Exercise - just did some stretching again

I added Yoga for Beginners to my movie list so I should receive that next week. I'll give that a try. I was looking for WATP on there so I could try it before I bought it but it was not offered. I may try Blockbuster to see if they have it.

B-slimfast shake
S-no fat blueberry yogurt
L-slice of sicilian pizza
S-apple w/ Tbsp of PB for dipping
D-slimfast shake
S-2 deviled eggs

Water - 96 oz

Exercise- :guilty: none

Lizzydoll73 said:
Exercise - did some stretching which felt really good, my muscles are REALLY out of shape, had to stop when DS started jumping on my back

Welcome, Lizzydoll :wave:

LOL! My DS climbs all over me when I'm trying to exercise, too. Once I was doing crunches and when I laid back down he was under me!!! I think climbing/jumping DS add to the calorie burn LOL.

You are doing great. Keep posting, its great to have you here! :D

Sundie

Hi Lizzy!

I am new also! You can do this! When I gave birth to dd in 2001 I weighed in at 238lbs.. I was mortified!!! It took many months of tears and agrivation until I realized everything I was trying wasn't working.. As a last ditch effort I tried Atkins.. For me it was a godsend... I found out I was a certified crabo junkie... I was able to get down to 159 in about 9 months and keep it off... I threw out my fat clothes. Then I went to WDW... Then summer and butter pecan ice cream made a presence... I tried to be good but I got lazy.. on January 1st I weighed 180 (I'm 5 ' 11')

It is now Janaury 7th and I am down to 174... My goal is 155 and keep it there..

Keep it up with the journaling! It will keep you motivated!

Jen :flower1:

B-slimfast shake
S-chocolate banana smoothie
L-steakburger on tortilla wrap
S-no fat yogurt
D-slimfast shake
S-will have an apple

Water - 96 oz may have another 16 oz before bed

Exercise - if I can get the kids to bed before 8 I will do some stretching then TRY to do 10 minutes on ski machine. It's been along time since I've been on it so I don't know if I can do it but I'll try. First, I'll have to remove the laundry that needs to be ironed from it. Works great for hanging things. :rolleyes:

I have been entering what I have been eating into Slimfast.com's nutritional log and have been doing around 1300 calories a day. I don't know how many I should be doing but I have not been hungry so I guess it is ok, unless it is too much.

I think I may post a before picture to motivate me. I figure if I am really embarrased by having my before picture up, I will be extra motivated to get some kind of after picture that won't be as embarrasing. Even if it is only a few pounds at a time.

Way to go Lizzydoll! Those pictures can be such a motivator!

Which Slimfast are you drinking? I drink one each day, but when I went to Target they were out of the original ones, so I bought the Optima with 50% less sugar. Tried one today and it wasn't that bad. Keep up the great work!

Gail

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter