*~*Lizby's Fairy Tale Wedding PJ/TR*~* - Day Seven FINALLY

on the whole shirt/jacket issue...i totally understand that he doesn't want to wear a jacket, it'll be super hot. why don't you think about them wearing a really nice white shirt (they make those fun textured ones) and a tie like this. my df is wearing one...

1439_1JPG.jpg

that way it's still dressy, but he won't be super hot and sweaty!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!! :grouphug: I hope everyone's day was as wonderful as mine. There is nothing like spending the day with the people you love! :love:

I am really excited today because FMIL and FFIL got DF and I the wedding ears for Christmas! I know many people on here have them already, but it is so awesome to have my own pair! DF is being a very good sport about the whole thing and says he's going to wear his the entire time we're in Disney. His only concern is getting them there on the plane since they are kind of bulky. Here's a pic of us in our ears (it is blurry...I got a new digital camera and FMIL was having trouble figuring out how to work it.)
Bs.jpg

In other news, I am going with MOH tomorrow or Thursday to David's Bridal to help pick out her dress! I can't wait!

Good night all...enjoy the rest of the holiday :cloud9:

We went shopping for MOH's dress! She went there looking for a tea length dress and wound up choosing a floor length pick-up skirt and strapless top which she is thrilled with. Both are in black and she will be wearing an apple red sash around her waist. I know black isn't a traditional bridesmaid's dress color, but it really didn't matter too much to me. I just want her to be happy and feel comfortable in what she's wearing. She was able to buy the skirt at the store, but the top and sash had to be ordered. They should arrive mid-February. Here's a pic of what our dresses will look like together (the color is off...the detailing on my dress and her sash are actually the same color.):

Girls2.jpg

While we were at David's Bridal, I decided to ask about exchanging my dress because I decided I don't want the train anymore. The manager kind of gave me an attitude and said all sales are final. I explained that I know of many women who have been able to exchange their dresses there. Then she got on the computer and said that it has been over 90 days since I bought the dress (by like two weeks! :headache: ) and she could only do an even exchange within 90 days. She told me to call customer service and have them okay the exchange. No one answered when I called customer service though, so I have to call back. It really seemed like she could make the exchange without giving me the runaround, since she at first wasn't willing to work with me at all, then said they could actually do exchanges within 90 days. The rules seemed pretty arbitrary. Did anyone else have this problem exchanging something at David's?

I have finally decided what the boys are going to wear. They are going to wear black dress pants, white dress shirts, and DF will have red suspenders and a black bowtie, while his brothers will have black suspenders and red bowties. DF LOVES suspenders and they are his favorite thing to wear when he has to dress up, so I thought that would be a good way to personalize his outfit.

Lastly, next week we make our ADR's!!! I think we are going to try for Cinderella's Royal Table for the night before the wedding (or O'Hana if we can't get it) and Chef Mickey's for lunch after the wedding. I noticed that I haven't heard on anyone on this board have a rehearsal/wedding dinner at Cindy's place. Is this just because it books up so quickly or is it not the best place for it? There are only 8 of us, so size isn't really a big issue.

i returned stuff to davids, but it wasn't as easy as i would have hoped. they gave me a big problem about my veil, but i just exchanged it for 2 more veils...which i don't need, but that's another story. you just have to get kind of um, not so nice, with them and they'll do it eventually. there were several girls in there trying dresses on when i went in, i felt like they didn't want those new customers to know how unaccomodating they are. i would take it back again, maybe with someone with you and talk to the manager. they are being difficult. oh, my stuff was returned after the 90 day mark as well...hth.

I love your rings? Is your Engagement Ring Platnium also?

I love your rings? Is your Engagement Ring Platnium also?
Thank you so much!!! :cloud9: Yes, both rings are platinum. DF kicked himself many times over for not buying the wedding band when he bought the engagement ring because the price went WAY up!

We are officially less than 180 days out!!! :yay: We were finally able to make our dining reservations yesterday. I got up bright and early and was on the phone with Disney Dining literally the minute they opened. We will be going to Cinderella's Royal Table the night before the wedding for our "rehearsal" dinner. The wedding itself is at 10 a.m., so I thought a nice lunch would be better than waiting for dinner. We all want to wear our wedding attire out to eat, and I know no one is going to stay dressed up all day long. I am still undecided about whether I will wear my wedding dress or just a simple white dress I am going to buy for the rest of the wedding day. Anyways, we will be having lunch at The Wolfgang Puck Cafe in Downtown Disney. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only place where you can't wear your dress is inside the four parks, right? I hope I will be able to wear it in Downtown Disney (if that's what I decide to do).

Other than that, we have ADR's for Coral Reef, 50's Primetime Cafe, Trail's End Restaraunt, Crystal Palace, Tutto Italia, and Chef Mickey's. I am really excited about all of the places we picked and can't wait to try the food!

One last thing...I don't think I'll be wearing the hair vine after all. When MOH and I went to David's Bridal I saw a really beautiful tiara that I wanted (but it was $100!!). So when I came home I looked on E-Bay and found one I liked even better for $15! It arrived last week and I really love it. It looks good with my jewelry. Here's a pic:
Tiara2.jpg

I think I am also going to try to get a couple small hair pins with red jewels on them to place throughout the back of my hair to pick up the red from my dress.

We are officially less than 180 days out!!! :yay: We were finally able to make our dining reservations yesterday. I got up bright and early and was on the phone with Disney Dining literally the minute they opened. We will be going to Cinderella's Royal Table the night before the wedding for our "rehearsal" dinner. The wedding itself is at 10 a.m., so I thought a nice lunch would be better than waiting for dinner. We all want to wear our wedding attire out to eat, and I know no one is going to stay dressed up all day long. I am still undecided about whether I will wear my wedding dress or just a simple white dress I am going to buy for the rest of the wedding day. Anyways, we will be having lunch at The Wolfgang Puck Cafe in Downtown Disney. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only place where you can't wear your dress is inside the four parks, right? I hope I will be able to wear it in Downtown Disney (if that's what I decide to do).

Other than that, we have ADR's for Coral Reef, 50's Primetime Cafe, Trail's End Restaraunt, Crystal Palace, Tutto Italia, and Chef Mickey's. I am really excited about all of the places we picked and can't wait to try the food!

One last thing...I don't think I'll be wearing the hair vine after all. When MOH and I went to David's Bridal I saw a really beautiful tiara that I wanted (but it was $100!!). So when I came home I looked on E-Bay and found one I liked even better for $15! It arrived last week and I really love it. It looks good with my jewelry. Here's a pic:
Tiara2.jpg

I think I am also going to try to get a couple small hair pins with red jewels on them to place throughout the back of my hair to pick up the red from my dress.

i like the tiara liz! i like it so much better than the vine! you got a great deal on ebay, david's is SO overpriced...

I went shopping on disneyshopping.com last night and I bought t-shirts for DF and I to wear on our Disneymoon. :cheer2: They are both white and have matching designs on them. They haven't arrived yet, but here is the design:
TShirtDesign.jpg

Oooh and a few weeks ago I also got hair pins to wear on the BIG DAY! I'll still wear the tiara, I'm just adding a few red silk hydrangea flowers in the back. They are sooo pretty. The red matches the red on my dress pretty well and each flower has a little red pearl in the middle. They are not really quite as red as they appear in this picture, but I had to fiddle with the color to get them to show up on the black background.
HairPins.jpg

In other news, I've decided to wear my pearl strand necklace, pearl & diamond drop earrings, and ruby & diamond bracelet for the wedding.
Jewelry2.jpg

They have all been gifts from DF over the past few years and it will mean a lot to him if I wear something he picked out for me. I am having trouble with the pearl necklace because it is a little too long. I want it to be a choker length and it is about two inches longer and I don't like the way it looks with my dress. So when I went to the jewelry store where Tim bought all of the pieces, the snobby women (has anyone else experienced the attitudes on people in jewelry stores? They are nice as pie to DF, but I've never had a friendly one, EVER!) there informed me that I have two options. The first is to have the whole thing restrung, which will cost $125+. :headache: That is way more than I want to spend. The other choice is to take the hook closure and hook it between two pearls. The lady at the store proceeded to bend the hook closed to demonstrate how I could do it on our wedding day (without asking me) and now it is all crooked. :mad: The problem with this option is that the other part of the clasp will hang down. My hair will be up, so you will see it. I don't know if I care that much, but they were making it sound like a really big deal at the store. Do you all think it matters that much? Here's a picture of the clasp to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about:
Necklace.jpg

Oh, and the jewelry saga is not over yet. I also took the pocketwatch I bought DF as a wedding gift to have it engraved. (I wanted it to say "Until our hands grow old", which is a line from a song that is special to us.) Here's a pic to remind everyone what it looks like:
Watch.jpg

There is also the same design in reverse on the back. I took it to Things Engraved and they would not engrave it because I wanted it done inside the cover. So, I took it with me to the jewelry store when I went to talk about the pearls. They acted like I was a total idiot and that it cannot be engraved inside. There is a faint swirl design inside the cover and they told me that you won't be able to see the words, that it will look totally different, it might show through on the front and that they wouldn't take it in to be engraved. They suggested going somewhere that does engraving on site but said it probably can't be done since Things Engraved couldn't do it. So now I don't know what to do. The engraving was the most important part to me, more than whether it's a certain Disney watch or not. I wish I had known this before I bought this watch.

The shirts came in the mail today and they are AWESOME!!!!!! I am so excited about them! DF is complaining that his is a little big but he'll get over it. :lmao:

Well, I had a nice surprise today at work! I got an e-mail a couple of weeks ago from one of the fourth grade teachers saying they wanted to meet with me today to discuss some students, since the maternity leave I have been covering ends Thursday and they wanted to wrap things up. Michelle, the girl that I share the Basic Skills room with at school, was missing for a good portion of the afternoon when school ended, and when I went down for my "meeting", all of the elementary staff was there and they threw me a surprise bridal shower!!! :cake: I couldn't see, but I am pretty sure my face was bright red :flower3: :lmao: It was soooo nice...they had all kinds of goodies to eat and some very special gifts. Michelle did most of the planning and picked out a very beautiful frame as a present. :cloud9: I was so touched that they all cared enough for me to plan something so wonderful. They gave DF and I an American Express gift card to use for dinner one night on our honeymoon. Here is a picture of the frame Michelle picked out that I *LOVE* (there is foam packing behind Mickey and Minnie to keep them safe for now.)
Frame.jpg

They also all signed a picture mat with all kinds of best wishes :hug:
FrameMat.jpg

My friend Phyllis gave me this super cute little Disney bag with Mickey on the front...:
Bag.jpg

and inside, among other things, was this little "Grow a Bachelorette Party" gag gift. It was so cute and funny and I thought some of you might appreciate it. The sayings by the little guy are great!
Bachelorette.jpg

That was so nice of them to throw you the shower! The frame is adorable!

HOW FUN!!!!

isnt it cool when people do something nice for you!!!

Sneaky little suckers werent they!!!

so wheres a pic of YOU at the shower????

glad you had a blast!!!

How nice!!!! That was so sweet of them!! Glad you were surprised :) Good for you!!

Not sure where you are located in NJ but if you ever go into the city there are quite a few jewlers on 47th Street that do engraving. They will do it right there in front of you. I worked in the city for many years and would go there quite often to get things done. I also purchased my ring from one of the jewlers there also - actually I used my mom's stone and had it put in a new setting and we purchased a matching wedding band and also got a band for my DF. If you are interested, I can probably get some recommendations. We still need to go back and pick up my wedding band as it needed to be resized. Let me know if this is something you are interested in.

Linda

Not sure where you are located in NJ but if you ever go into the city there are quite a few jewlers on 47th Street that do engraving. They will do it right there in front of you.
Linda
Thank you very much for the tip! :) This may be something I will wind up having to do if I can't find a local jeweler to do the engraving. If that's the case, I will definitely be in touch for recommendations for where to go.

This doesn't really have anything to do with wedding plans, but I just had to share this! I was playing Pictionary with some of my third grade students today and I told one boy his picture prompt was my wedding. This is the picture he came up with, complete with bow tie for DF and veil for me. How cute is it?!?!?! :lovestruc We were all hysterical!!! :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:
NickWeddingPic.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter