"Living At Disney"

earthelves

DIS Veteran
A While Back I Read About A Couple Who "Live" In A Room In A Travelodge Somewhere In England:rotfl: :rotfl: And They Have Done For About 15 Years,Just Because They Like It So Much:rotfl: :rotfl: So That Got Me Thinking Has Anyone Other Than C'ms Lived On Disney Property For Months Or Even Years:rotfl: :rotfl: Just Curious & Its A Fun Topic:rotfl: :rotfl:

TTFN

have heard of some snow birds(retirees)with a lot of dvc points,stay thoughout the year and at there childrens home the odd week in florida,to enable them to stay 12 months
Paulh

A while back i was reading a blog of a guy who was trying to go to a disney ( florida ) park for 4 days out of 7 every week for a year, but the link no longer works so i don't think he did it, he was staying on site and flying back and forth to visit his family on his off days

Alex

I think it was the Discovery Channel in America that apparently showed a programme about people who live in Disney World. They pitch up their mobile home at the Fort Wilderness Campsite and live there for months on end.

There are residency laws that mean they have to leave the site for a few weeks at time every six months or something - so they park their house somewhere else for that time.

Apparently Disney even collects their post for them. It was mentioned in a thread somewhere else on this site.

I could live in Boma. To comply with residency laws I would move to Whispering Canyon for one meal in four.:thumbsup2

I don't think Disney allows anyone to remain in a hotel (or campground) beyond a certain length of time. If they did the person (assuming an American citizen) could claim residency there and then have voting rights in the Disney cities of Lake Buena Vista or Bay Lake, Florida. Both cities make up the Reedy Creek Improvement District, the governing arm of both towns. They can't let that happen. Only a very small number of Disney management employees are allowed to live in those cities.

BobK/Orlando

As much as I love Disney I think it would lose some of its Magic if you lived there all the time. Part of the excitment is looking forward to going!

If you stay at a WDW hotel - after 21 nights you have to check out & then back in again. Not sure if you physically have to move rooms though. (read this as a booking condition, I think on Virgin's website)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter