Live Trip Report

loving your pictures, that speed boat looks the business! Look forward to hearing what you do today. Hopefully the weather will pick up again so you can go to St Augustine later in the week.

The weather looks superb in your photos.

Glad you had a fun "speedy" day.

Looking forward to more photos and the next installment.

Thanks for the updates and photos juliebro , seems you had a great time, hope you miss the thunderstorms

how were the prices on the paul mitchell stuff?
i use the super sculpt gel and it costs me a fortune here!!!!!

I thought the prices were very good.

Freeze and Shine Super Spray - 250 ml - $9.50
Super Clean Extra Finishing Spray - 125 ml - $5.00
Fast Drying Sculpting Spray - 250 ml - $9.50
Spray Wax - 125ml - $14.50

All above prices were before tax and before a $5 discount when spending $30

Bought from Trade Secret in Florida Mall

We checked today's weather forecast and decided against a trip to St Augustine today.

After sleeping in to 7:30 am we went for breakfast at Bob Evans today. A huge breakfast! Eggs, sausages patties, hash browns, followed by two pancakes with blueberry topping. we then didn't eat till this evening.

The plan was to go to Premium Outlets at I-Drive and then go to Celebration, eating at Angelina's on the way back - using our restaurant.com voucher.

We ended up staying longer than planned at the shops - DH got a Ralph Lauren polo shirt, I got a linen shirt and a couple of t-shirts at Eddie Bauer and some gym stuff from Gap.

By the time we left we were quite hungry, so we popped back to the townhouse, dropped off the shopping and rang Angelina's to check what time they started serving dinner. DH couldn't get through. I joked that it might be that they had closed down. Sure enought when we got there, it wasn't open, although the tables were all neatly set with cutlery, glasses etc. There was no sign of a menu in the window, so we called in the libabry next door. The librarian told us that Angelina's had closed last year!

I guess that this may not be news to some of you, but it was to us.

Ah well, DH had another restaurant.com voucher - for an Italian on 192. We both though it was for Carrabas and drove towards it - only for us to both suddenly realise that the voucher was for Giordano's!!! :confused:

The restaurant didn't look inspiring from the outside - and it wasn't eaxctly busy - but we were hungry and we had a voucher!

To be fair, the food wasn't bad - but it just wasn't where we thought we were going to be. I took some photos of the food on my Blackberry - but need to sort out uploading them.

Think we'll go to St Augustine tomorrow- as long as the forecast looks ok.

Also need to check whether the launch is still planned for Friday. Then we hit some of the parks next week!

And here's the car.......

P4270070.jpg

I thought the prices were very good.

Freeze and Shine Super Spray - 250 ml - $9.50
Super Clean Extra Finishing Spray - 125 ml - $5.00
Fast Drying Sculpting Spray - 250 ml - $9.50
Spray Wax - 125ml - $14.50

All above prices were before tax and before a $5 discount when spending $30

Bought from Trade Secret in Florida Mall

those are really good prices!!
i'll have to check it out next time...

cute car!!

if you're heading into celebration, i really like the celebration town tavern there....i ate there 3 times when i was there last june and really enjoyed it all 3 times!!

Just typed today's report in - then had a technical problem and lost it all!

Am too tired now to type it in again tonight. Will do it tomorrow.

Night all!

Julie

Just typed today's report in - then had a technical problem and lost it all!

Am too tired now to type it in again tonight. Will do it tomorrow.

Night all!

Julie

So annoying when that happens, I have to redo at least 1 post every trip, I try remember to copy every time before posting but I always forget the one that gets the error.:rotfl:

Apologies for the technical difficulties that caused me not to be able to post my update last night.

Here's the report....

We checked the weather forecast and decided that the prospect for no rain was better on the west coast rather the east, so went to Clearwater for the day. We had breakfast at Perkins - a stack of blueberry pancakes each. Very nice.

Got to Clearwater Beach at about 10:15 am, parked up and then looked at the boat trips that were available. (You may have noticed that we like being on the water!) We booked for both Seascreamer and Little Toot (at 1:00pm and 5 pm respectively). Then we walked along the pier, looked at the boats in the marina and had a stroll around before our Seascreamer trip. The weather was hot, sunny and quite windy.

The trip was excellent. We were lucky enough to see a few dolphins, a couple of which followed in the wake of the boat for a while leaping about behind us. A fantastic show! I tried to take some photos - if they are any good when I look at them closely later, I'll post them. We spent a bit of time out in the Gulf of Mexico - but the sea was pretty choppy. Those who chose to be in the back of the boat got rather wet!

After we got back, we walked along to the Palm Pavilion on the beachfront for a drink and shared a snack. DS and I had had lunch there about 8 years ago on our first trip out to Clearwater - so it brought back some very happy memories. (Poor DS is back at uni in Manchester at the moment doing his finals and completing his dissertation while we're here enjoying ourselves!)

We then spent an hour or so on the beach and in the sea. Very windy and everyone was getting covered in sand which kept blowing over us. At least the sand is very fine! The sea was good for splashing around in - lots of waves.

Soon it was time to get on Little Toot. This was also an enjoyable trip. We saw a couple of dolphins but it didn't beat the show we had earlier. I know it's the luck of the draw, but the overall experience on the Seascreamer appealed to us more.

It was around 6:30 before we left and the traffic was quite heavy - especially getting out of Tampa where there had been an accident. We had already decided to go back to Manny's again for dinner, but it was after 8 pm by the time we got there. Missed happy hour - but in the interests of DIS research I still tried the margaritas. I am pleased to advise that they are still very good! Despite it being very busy, we were seated within 15 minutes of arriving. Steaks, service, salad all as good as ever.

The shuttle launch is still going ahead tomorrow, so we'll be going over to Titusville to watch that. Expecting it to be very very busy, so are going over early morning. We saw one last year and the crowds were incredible then.

Today we are going to Typhoon Lagoon. Breakfast at Mimi's first. Dinner at HoB tonight if we can get a table - using a restaurant.com voucher. I hope we have more success this time! ;)

Another lovely day.

It is sunny here so don't feel too sorry for your DS.

Mimis sounds good for tomorrow - want to definitely go this trip. Have you got a coupon? I can remember they sent a buy one meal get one free coupon for sign up to their website by email.

Sounds like you are having a fantastic time!

I have enjoyed reading these so far.

Just caught up :thumbsup2 Sounds like you are both having a fabulous time - the boat rides sound great - though I must admit I'm not a big lover of them - but DD & DH would love the speed boats :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter