Live! The Todd & Nicki Anniversary/Xmas is Early Celebration!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, that just made me laugh about the toast 5 sec rule :lmao:

Glad you found the DVD in the end. Over here in the UK we call it "sods law" when stuff like that happens (when you search everywhere for something, find it and then a day or two later see it somewhere else).

I love the Gingerbread Cookies of IASW, they are soooo cute :cutie:

Thanx again for sharing with us your wonderful reviews :hug:

Those little Mary Blair Small World gingerbread cookies may be the cutest things I have ever seen!!! Too bad they didn't taste as good as they look!

:rotfl: Thank you for all the terrific pictures! I am happy that you had the hunt for the movie as we got to see all of the great decorations! I cannot wait to get there!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and yours!

Edited to add that I just changed our Crystal Palace lunch to Liberty Tree. DH isn't thrilled with CP and I do prefer it for breakfast so this worked out for us. Plus this was a meal that DS was sick at last year so we didn't get to enjoy it. I must have those Chicken & Dumplings!

Great review, sad to see it come to an end but the crowds would do me in too. We have seem to have a better time when we go for shorter trips more often. I'd rather be there 4 or 5 days (before the full aggravation with the human race mode kicks in) then to go 3 or 4 times then to go for a full week once or twice. But that's just us....

Thanks for sharing your trip with us and all the great reviews!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Thank you so much for the best Thanksgiving gift anyone could give us...a photo trip of the food and holiday decorations at WDW! My family is so pumped to be leaving Sunday for our stay at the CR. Thank you so much for the preview!

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!!! (Santa has made his way to Macy's, so I can say it!)

Naomi

Fantastic Report- I think this is the third trip report of yours I have followed- You are so good and have great taste in food I can never wait to see what pictures are next!!
Happy Holidays!!

Hey Nicki, I really enjoyed the reviews, as always. Can you tell me when the decorations at MK are up and the Osborne lights? I know that all the resorts were in progress while you were there, but we might want to go right before Thanksgiving next year while the crowds are low, yet we really want to see the Christmas decorations, yet not run into a mass of people! Any suggestions?

Okay...my stomach is now killing me because I am laughing so hard. This is SOOOOOOOOOOOO Todd...smug like when he gets those "impossible" dining ressies. But you are right...he did just take you to Disney. ;) Love the toast...Markie (our youngest) would have done the same thing. :lmao::lmao:

;) The things I do to the poor guy :lmao:

Hi Nicki!

Hi Robin!

I'm just catching up on the rest of your reviews. Glad you had a such a great trip. Looks like Citricos and San Angel Inn were both winners. I've always been on the fence about Citricos and there are so many other places I like that this one never makes the list. But your meal looked so good I think I've convinced myself that I need to add it in for my next trip. Now I just have to find somewhere to fit it in -- or find something I'm willing to give up to fit it in!

Both places were fantastic and I am so glad we made it to both of them

San Angel looked great too and I love Mexican -- I was there for lunch about a year ago and thought it was pretty good. But your food looked better than what I had -- I think the menu's changed since then. And now they have the margaritas from the Ditch! I think I had the same one as you did! Now I'm going to add in a lunch there for my next trip too!

We have had lunch there twice and both times it was very very good and the service was great..we had the same table both times, right in the corner on the water, so romantic!

Thanks so much for taking the time to do these reviews. I really enjoy them as well as hearing about your adventures! And all the holiday pictures are great too. One of these days I'll make it to WDW at the holidays. Food & Wine Festival always wins out for me, but I think next year I might have to make two trips :thumbsup2

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed all the pictures and reviews! F&W is a winner for us every year, I hope to get back to WDW at Xmas again soon! Hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving!

Meanie the Missing Dwarf!!!! :lmao: Thank you Nicki for almost making me loose it! Hilarious!

What great reviews, once again... I sure do enjoy going along with you and Todd when you're in the World. We're heading down in a little over 2 weeks, staying at POFQ. I think I feel inspired to do my own dining review...a FIRST!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Anytime you need a laugh let me know, I have many pet names for the hubbykins! We had a great stay at POFQ, I hope you do too and I wish you a wonderful trip and cannot wait until I can drool all over your reviews! Take a lot of pictures for the rest of us!

LOL.... about the movie & toast.... Gotta love it!!!

Not the first time I pulled that trick on him :rotfl:

Lol, that just made me laugh about the toast 5 sec rule :lmao:

Glad you found the DVD in the end. Over here in the UK we call it "sods law" when stuff like that happens (when you search everywhere for something, find it and then a day or two later see it somewhere else).

I love the Gingerbread Cookies of IASW, they are soooo cute :cutie:

Thanx again for sharing with us your wonderful reviews :hug:

Sods Law happens too me all too often! The cookies were too cute but too expensive!

Happy Thanksgiving from the UK :cheer2:

Thank you!

Those little Mary Blair Small World gingerbread cookies may be the cutest things I have ever seen!!! Too bad they didn't taste as good as they look!

THey had free samples out and they were terrible, for $8 each that was a rip!

:rotfl: Thank you for all the terrific pictures! I am happy that you had the hunt for the movie as we got to see all of the great decorations! I cannot wait to get there!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and yours!

Edited to add that I just changed our Crystal Palace lunch to Liberty Tree. DH isn't thrilled with CP and I do prefer it for breakfast so this worked out for us. Plus this was a meal that DS was sick at last year so we didn't get to enjoy it. I must have those Chicken & Dumplings!

I really wanted to see the BC so it worked out well for all of us :thumbsup2 Hope you had a wonderful holiday too! So happy you are going to LTT, the food was better than I could have imagined!

Happy thanksgiving!

Same to you Mrs. S!

Great review, sad to see it come to an end but the crowds would do me in too. We have seem to have a better time when we go for shorter trips more often. I'd rather be there 4 or 5 days (before the full aggravation with the human race mode kicks in) then to go 3 or 4 times then to go for a full week once or twice. But that's just us....

Thanks for sharing your trip with us and all the great reviews!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Me too but by that Sunday I was ready to go home, the crowds just take all the fun out of a quiet relaxing trip! Thank you for reading and I hope you had a great Turkey Day too!

Happy Thanksgiving Nicki and Todd !!!!What delights are you cooking up!!!

Same to you babe! My aunt did the turkey but I did the mashed potatoes, squash, a family tradition peas and bacon with onion dish and a pumpkin cheescake...YUMMY!

Thank you so much for the best Thanksgiving gift anyone could give us...a photo trip of the food and holiday decorations at WDW! My family is so pumped to be leaving Sunday for our stay at the CR. Thank you so much for the preview!

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!!! (Santa has made his way to Macy's, so I can say it!)

Naomi

Hi Naomi! What a sweet thing to say, you are very welcome and I am so glad that you enjoyed the pictures! I wish you a wonderful trip and please take lots of pictures for all of us on the Dis! Wonderful Holiday Wishes to you and your family!

Fantastic Report- I think this is the third trip report of yours I have followed- You are so good and have great taste in food I can never wait to see what pictures are next!!
Happy Holidays!!

Thank you so much! Since we have been back we are eating our normal foods and DH is asking me what are we having for appies and dessert? Yeah right pal, we dont do that at home, did you forget? ;)

Hey Nicki, I really enjoyed the reviews, as always. Can you tell me when the decorations at MK are up and the Osborne lights? I know that all the resorts were in progress while you were there, but we might want to go right before Thanksgiving next year while the crowds are low, yet we really want to see the Christmas decorations, yet not run into a mass of people! Any suggestions?

So glad you could join me in this round of reviews! The MK decorations are up for the first party so I think it is the 10th of November, the Osborne Lights were Nov 10th too.

If we go again for Xmas I would pick the week before Thanksgiving and would be very happy with just MK and HS having decor....no prob if the resorts do not.

Sooo....when does the next report begin? ;)

Sadly we do not have another trip planned....maybe we will get away for a weekend if we can fit it in to our busy winter season or hopefully for the Flower and Garden Show in the Spring

Oh Nicki that peas and bacon dish sounds yummy!!!

It is so easy! I take a pound of bacon and I use kitchen scissors to cut it up into little squares, cook on med in a large pot until crispy. Take them out and drain them on paper towels...reserve some of the bacon drippings. Saute a large onion finely diced, 2 minced garlic cloves until tender. Add a large bag of frozen baby peas and season with pepper, onion powder, garlic powder. Heat thoroughly, mix in your bacon and serve...my family has been eating this at holiday meals for over 70 years....its the only way I can get my nieces to eat peas :lmao:

HI
Have you tries Yak & Yeti? Need a TS in Ak....Ideas?

Yes we ate at Y&Y in June 08...we had the lettuce cups and didnt like them at all, we are used to the ones at PF Changs and these were nothing like them...too sweet and too much red pepper. The ribs were outstanding and the steak and shrimp were incredible. We had the mango pie, waaaayyyy too sweet to enjoy and the wontons with fruit, didnt like that at all.

We would probably go back for just entrees but not appies or dessert. THe cocktails were wonderful!

I tried Y &Y too !! I found the steak in the steak and shrimp overcooked for me but I loved the fried wontons and pineapple !!!

Nicki, it was your reviews that first brought me to this board, and I've been following them since I found them last spring.

We actually had been excited to try Jiko and booked it for our March/April vacation. After reading your review and a few posts agreeing, we're considering booking Citricos instead, and follow reviews as we get a bit closer to see which one we will ultimately go with. It sounds from your review like you'd definitely pick Citricos.

Nicki, it was your reviews that first brought me to this board, and I've been following them since I found them last spring.

We actually had been excited to try Jiko and booked it for our March/April vacation. After reading your review and a few posts agreeing, we're considering booking Citricos instead, and follow reviews as we get a bit closer to see which one we will ultimately go with. It sounds from your review like you'd definitely pick Citricos.

I am so happy that you enjoy our reviews! I would def pick Citricos over Jiko, the food, the service, the atmosphere was a million times better

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter