Live from the 6/7 Magic

pgesler

Mouseketeer
Everything is great so far. A few highlights:

Stayed at the Hyatt MCO the night before and took the DCL bus to the terminal. The letter that the Hyatt gives to DCL Guests says to be at the DCL Cruise checkin at 09:30. The actual checkin starts 09:00. Get there early to be on the first bus. They will assign you a bus at the DCL Checkin.

We booked thru AAA. They do give you a sticker as well as a mug. We left our mug in our Cabin.

The only disappointment so far is that we asked to be seated with another family at Dinner and we are at our own table for 4. Not that big of a problem. Our server is Dwight.

6/8 we arrived at Key West around noon. Our family did not prebook any excursions. We went to the Aquarium and the Ship Wreck Museum. Our family agreed that neither was worth the admission price.

Having FUN

At Key West we also took the trolly (Roddy was our driver) and it was well worth the price. Sloppy Joes was great too and not that expensive.

Today we're at Sea and plan on doing wine tasting. Otherwise we have no plans for the day except to relax. The reception for repeat cruisers is this evening also.

I get back to you all later. Post any questions you might have and I'll try to get an answer.

Tuesday 6/10

Arrived at Grand Cayman early this morning.

Our family did the DCL Sting Ray Snorkel. Highly recommend it.
We met at Studio Sea on the ship at 0730 and were back on the ship by noon which leaves plenty of time to relax or tour the Downtown.

A few observations:

1) Late last night (6/9) we were told to turn our clocks back 1 hour. You'll get an extra hour of sleep (or party).

2) The ship can not dock at the shore at Grand Cayman. They drop anchor away from shore and then you get on a small boat to get to the shore. DCL does a very good job to make sure that this went smooth.

3) The Chicken Tenders are as good as everyone says. They come close to being as good as the the Chicken Tenders at Cheddars. The Pizza is excellent also. Great combo - pizza and chicken tenders.

4) All the shows thus far have been excellent - the comedy shows were excellent.

Tomorrow we arrive at Cozumel.

Wednesday 6/11

We arrived at Cozumel around 11:00. I visited Cozumel about 13 years ago on a NCL cruise - Cozumel was absolutely wonderful this time - much better than I remembered.

Save your shopping for Cozumel. There are so many good shops that you don't need to take any tours if shopping is your thing.

Our family did the Cozumel Ruins and Beach Tour. Our family all agreed that it was a great time. Our tour guide was Gamma. He taught us alot about the Maya culture. The bus was air conditioned and very clean and modern. All the pepsi and beer you wanted plus a free drink at the beach. Lots of open air shops at the beach.

On ship it was Mexican night. One of the best nights on the ship thus far. Great party on Deck 9. We set sail for Castaway Cay at about 11:00 PM.

Before going to bed we set our clocks forward 1 hour which put us back to the same time we had went we arrived on the ship.

Thursday 6/12 - Today is at Sea. At 10:30 AM we have the Brunch booked at Palo's. Let you know how it was later.

Palos was everything everyone has posted. A GREAT & RELAXING meal with your significant other.

I had a pizza which was one of the best I have every had. For desert I tried a little of everything chochlate I could find.

My wife had the fish. She said it was very good. They also had chicken and beef.

You order hot food (listed above) from the waitress. In addition there is a buffet with breads, cold meats and seafood, and the deserts.

Palos was almost full for the 10:30 seating but it was not so crowded that you could not get easily around .

Tonight is JackPot Bingo. I'll tell you how much I won later and if I need help spending all my winnings..

Well I didn't win Bingo - maybe next time.

Great time on Castaway Cay. Almost missed the barbeque. Glad I didn't cause it was great.

Our servers were Dwight, Okim & Jeff. They helped make our cruise most enjoyable.

I'm back home in Ohio now. The cruise is just a wonderful memory.

To all of you future cruisers - have fun!!

Important notice for those who use this board from the DCL Internet Cafe. Be sure to LOGOUT of disboards before you close your internet cafe session. If you don't then the next person who uses the internet cafe and goes to disboards web site will still be signed on to disboards under your user name.

We cruise next Saturday, and I would love to know what movies are playing this week for you..enjoy your cruise!

I received this email from DCL before I left for the cruise. At the bottom is a list of the movies.

Twice each evening (6:30 and 8:30 p.m.), The Walt Disney Theatre, our grand
formal theatre, will showcase all-new Disney productions in a distinct
Broadway-style dedicated to the kids and the kids at heart.

"Hercules - A Muse-ical Comedy"--A vaudevillian, shtick-filled salute to the
story of Hercules.

"Disney Dreams"--Our heart-felt Disney kiss goodnight, where a little girl
learns the power of her dreams through a brand new adventure with Peter Pan and
many of Disney's greatest characters.

"Who Wants to be a Mousketeer" --Imagine being on your favorite game show,
complete with a gregarious host and lots of dramatic lighting. Brush up on your
Disney trivia and come experience the drama and excitement yourself. Or just
soak in all the energy and suspense as a member of the audience. Players get a
chance to win prizes and onboard credits.

On our 7-night cruise, we have also added two variety shows and Morty the
Magnificent. With Morty the Magnificent, you will enter a world where fine art
meets illusion. Welcome to the hiding place and treasure trove of Prospero, a
19th century magician whose rise to fame was suddenly interrupted by his
mysterious disappearance. Watch as he materializes once again and summons the
powers with which he entertains and amazes, bringing familiar sculptures and
paintings to life in the process. But don't blink or he'll be gone, leaving you
to ask yourself, "Was it real or just an illusion?"

The Buena Vista Theater runs first-run movies (currently showing in nationwide
movie theaters) which will be either classic Disney animated films or
live-action feature films made by one of our subsidiary film companies such as
Touchstone Pictures.

The following is a current rotation of movies playing in the Buena Vista
Theatre:

Chicago
Sweet Home Alabama
The Recruit
Treasure Planet
Shanghai Knights
The Jungle Book 2
Piglet's Big Movie
Bringing Down the House
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Holes - To be released 4/18
Lizzie Maguire - To be released 5/11
Finding Nemo - To be released 5/3

Guests should check their Personal Navigator for dates and times.

Please be advised that all entertainment is subject to change without notice and
that you should check your daily in-room Personal Navigator (as these are not
available in advance) for shows, times, and locations.

We look forward to the chance to sail with you.

Sincerely,

Tracey, Guest Communications
Disney Cruise Line

With all the changes just curious, who is playing in Dueling Pianos this week?

Thanks.

Enjoy your cruise

I'll get back to you on the hosts for bingo and dueling pianos. I've been to both but am very bad remembering names.

Dueling pianos was great and plan on going back.

Just can't seem to win at Bingo. They did make some changes with the way they do bingo since our last cruise on the Magic in 6/2001. The prices have risen and they now have a raffel between each game and you get a ticket for the raffel if you buy the jumbo ticket for $35.

pgesler....

Glad you hear you are having a great time. I will be cruising the Western Caribbean in Jan 2004. I am anxious to see what changes there will be after they dry-dock the Magic this fall. I heard rumors they will be changing the ESPN Sports Bar into a teen dance venue and the club where Dueling Pianos is at will be turned into a "Cheers" like sports bar. Don't know what they will do with Dueling Pianos....can you find out if these rumors are valid and if Fidelio is still playing on board. If he is PLEASE tell him that his travel agent in Washington State, dianedisney aka Diane Frederick, lost his e-mail address. Also if he is still playing his song "Travel Agent Gal" he wrote for a large group of us while we were on board. Thanks.....and continue to have a wonderful cruise.

pgesler....

Oh, it's been 2 weeks and wish I was there again!! I have a favor to ask, but don't feel like you have to run all over the ship to help me. Just thought if you have time and it's easy to track, then great. We left our stroller bag/duffle in our room on the last Western Magic... 5/24-31. Our room was 6612 and our room steward was Alejandro. The blue long bag was left in the closet on the shelf under the safe. Not sure if it's still there or if Alejandro took it out of the room or if there's a lost and found. Anyhoo... if he knows, we were the family with the baby on the last Western (& he had to fill our cooler with ice every day, if that jogs his memory, then we'll figure out the details if you have some luck!

Thanks!

Hope you're having a terrific cruise. I have a couple of questions- The most recent navigators available online list the "Discover the Magic" show (the one the kids are in)as being on Thursday in the adult navigators and Friday in the kids navigators both of them show it starting at 5:00pm -I just wonder what day it really is,I know it used to be on Friday.
Also do you know if there will be dueling pianos at all by July 19, that is when we cruise and I heard that the duo performing now is leaving VERY soon.
If you don't get to answer these questions, I will assume it is because you are too busy having fun,which is exactally what you should be doing!!:)

The weather has been great. No rain that I can remember. We spent 3 days at Disney prior to the cruise and it rained everyday - sometimes heavy.

I was just up on Deck 9 for some coffee and noticed that the waves were in my estimation less than 1 foot.

On 3 Islands so far it was very hot but not intolerable. Just bring lots of sun tan lotion.

kstelzner:

I checked with Guest Services about your duffel and they said that it would be (if someone found it) in DCL Central Lost & Found.

They gave me a number 407.566.3734

We're back home in Ohio. Reality is about to set in. The yard needs mowed and ........

I'll try to answer any more questions that anyone has.

Until then - may the mouse be with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter