*Live* from Magic 10/29 TENOR AND HER PEEPS!!!

Tenorsinging

<font color=deeppink>Will Whine for Nickname<BR><f
Howdy to all your faces!!!!!! Well, hasn't it been a last couple of crazy days. This post will be looooonnnnnggggg....But...welcome to the Lynne/Tenor show!!!!!!! :cool1:

Actually Tenor, our adventure started this past Thursday when we flew into Orlando, or as we told our daughter: Boston for a business trip with dad :rolleyes: we have kept this surprise from her since February. Her birthday is TODAY!!!! Anyhoo...when we got to the Swan, we sat her down on the bed and told her, "we are not in Boston" and told her we were at Mickey World for her birthday!!! Much excitement ensued...Friday went to 3 parks :crazy: Animal Kingdom, MGM, and Epcot. Woke up early...Tenor....TENOR????

Tenor: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tenor, stay with me!!!! Those of us in Overplanners Anon. must stick together, so that the overplanners like us out there can be in the know!!!

Tenor: Just get on with it....

Okay, where was I???? Woke up early Friday....Our Pookmeister General thinks we are headed to the Airport to go back to Dallas.....no, no, no.....get in Limo, Pookie loves em!!!! And travelled to Port. We are cracking up, because we have seen the Ship 3-4 times, and she is facing her dad, hanging her head over the seat.....STILL has not seen the "Mickey Boat". BTW, travelling with us, is Hubby Tim, and AuPair from Hungary, Miss Judit!!!
We round the corner to stop and get out and get the luggage, and FINALLY she's like MOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!! It's the Mickey Boat...I wanna go on the Mickey Boat!!!!!!! Tim looks at me and say's well honey...what do you think...I'm like...well....I don't know.....finally we say yes, this was her biggest surprise of all...the Mickey Boat for her Birthday!!! She had told us a couple of months ago that she wished she could be surprised for her birthday, and my hubster is like..."don't worry...you'll be surprised all right". Man...finally over...been keeping this secret a long time! :teeth: She is absolutely beside herself with glee....

We get to the port early, because me and my daughter did this before, just the two of us, week of Dec. 13, 2003 for a special mommy/daughter Christmas Cruise. This is Hubby's first, and Miss Judit's first. So the last time I came, you went to documents line, and then you just lined up, first come first serve....but noooooooooooooooo.....for the love of Ben and Jerry's I get handed this card....and the number on it is 3.....bummer dude. I said, what's the use of coming so early, if you can't be first???? But no, the system is different now. Groups 1 and 2 boarded first, then 3 and 4, and finally 5 and 6. Which wasn't too dreadful...

UPGRADED AT PORT!!!!!!!!!!! We had booked a 12, had gotten a free upgrade to 11 by the time my docs arrived, and we upgraded to a balcony, think it's a cat. 6 at the port for an additional charge of $670ish. Lots of moolah I know, but still tons cheaper than upgrading online. And we got a balcony!!!!!

Actually that is goodnews/bad news. Good news is BALCONY...sorta bad news, is before our cabin and Miss Judit's cabin were right next door to each other. Now she is on 6 and we are on 7. Also, had ordered Halloween decorations, and candy bag for the Pookaduke, tram tickets for St. Thomas, and Castaway Club gift expected to be in room. Could it be switched?? Would our luggage be re-directed???? Lady in port said they would do their best....also Miss Judit a little bit nervous as she has no idea what cruising is like, how to get around ship, what to do.....felt more secure with us right next door. We told her she would be okay, and that we loved her, but didn't love her enough to pay another $670ish to upgrade her as well :smooth: I am sure that she felt the love :love:

PLEASE LET ME ON MY SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, I forgot the most important part!!!! My fellow Dis'ers!!!!! :grouphug: ...met TiggerandPooh first, as their limo pulled up as we were getting out our luggage......insert dueling limo music here...... :rolleyes1 Soccerdad Chris figgered out who I was at the port, because he knew I had red hair, DD had red hair, and heard my British hubby talking in the line.....he said well, that's 2 out of 3, was looking for someone with Hungarian accent, but of course she had to go to the non-US line...later on caught up with a bunch more.......and finally saw the one I wanted to see the most.....BEANS!!!!!!!!!!!! Saw Beano, he has the Walt Suite, so of course he was in a "special" area to board first....Ran up to him, covered his eyes....He said he didn't care who it was...was just enjoying the groping :earseek: Beano also has his own thread, be sure and read it as well, because he knows how to post pics, and I do not.

Allrighty then......for the love of Starsky and Hutch, can I please get on now???? Uhhhh....NO. Saralotta gets in line for a picture of Pluto. Minnnie showed up as well, but by that time, I was busy encroaching on the 1's and 2's....waiting for that all important 3 announcement... :rolleyes: and the Minnie line was longski...Saralinda very sad, but told her to pretty much "get over it". Told her they would be on board everywhere, we were fixing to get on, and wasn't going to stand in line for an hour.....I know, that was kinda mean, but for the love of Peaches and Cream....ME WANT ON SHIPPIEPOO :Pinkbounc

Lynne, we should just mention....Lynne...LYNNE???? :confused3

Lynne: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Ooops, sorry, dozed off for a moment...hope you guys are all still with me....okay.....where wuz I??? GROUP 3 May Now Board....... :cheer2: :cheer2: :bounce: :bounce: Got our picture, KTTW Card....welcome aboard *****family.....YEEEEEE HAWWWW :love: :love: Being an experienced Magic cruiser came in handy as I made the mad dash to Beat Street to try and change my Palo from Tuesday night (Pirate Night pirate: ) to Wednesday instead. SUCCESS!!! :banana:

They are nooooo way near letting us in our cabins yet....so off to Parrot Cay for a little lunchiepoo. Sat next to a lovely mother/daughter from Colorado. Buffet was excellent....Saralittle had spaghetti/meatballs....they also offered mac and cheese/corny dogs for the little ones....I had a bunch o stuff...so much I can't really remember......oh yeah...I had a little bit of salmon with my dessert :teeth:

Still no room access....talked to some of my loverly peeps from Canada. I guess there are about 30 of us in the group....I have seen at least 15-20 of us so far.

FOR THE LOVE OF BRAD PITT....lemme in my room..... :guilty: Finally, we walked Judit to her room, and since the door was open, I poked my head in what would have been our room....saw our Castaway Club gift, and our Tram tickets, so we took that. Then went to our new and improved upgraded balcony room....ROOM 7064!!!!!!

Okay, I wil end this here, so I can break it up a little

Um, Tenor, did you NOT see that I already started a live thread for this cruise??

Boy, I'll tell ya. Some people. :rotfl2:

I used to think you were maybe a little... strange. Now that we've met, I KNOW it to be true. But I luvs ya!!And you said I was the one you wanted to see the most! :love: :love: You are so adorable!!!!

Now stop hogging my topic. ;)

By the way, Tenor... Tim and I are working on some new songs for dinner tonight. ;)

Subscribing to your wonderful ability to type a lot! I love it!
We are sailing Nov. 12th and are so excited! :cool1:

If you had any suggestions, what would be a good time to show up at the terminal? By getting there early do you still beat the mad rush of LOTS of people at one time trying to check in?

BTW, the term :Pinkbounc :cheer2: SHIPPIEPOO :Pinkbounc :cheer2: cracked me up! :rotfl2:

Thanks for any guidance, DIS NURSE :flower:

Okay, Part 2:

Got into room. There are 2 pics in here. One of Mr. and Mrs. Walt Disney on Deck from 1934. And DisneyLand 1965, Pirates of the Carribean Character Sketch by Marc Davis. There is a closet, safe, split bath, table with drawers 2 deep 2 shallow, couch bed, overhead pull-down bed, small cabinet with 3 deep drawers, desk w/TV and drawers 2 deep, and 6 shallow. Sorry for those of you who that info bored, but lots of people like to know those sorts of details....

Me, Judit and Pookarella decide to go 'splorin a bit before the boat drill and deck party. Saralotta went swimming literally for about 10-15 minutes before I told her we had to go to the cabin and get ready for the drill...the always exciting drill, and then back to room, dump off the life preserver and out again to the deck party. A couple our bags had arrived, but no Happy Halloween decorations...Judit called and said one of our bags had shown up at our old room. Eric our stateroom host said he would go get it.

Sailaway Party :banana: :banana: always so fun isn't it????? Love to hear that horn blow!!!!!! After that was over, I went and caught up with Tim and Ophie and some of the others I had missed. It is very warm in the sun, but in the shade with the wind, it was actually a little bit nippy :guilty:

Then to Kid's Club!!!!! :cool1: Saralinda loves it, and Mommy loves it too!! :love: I have signed her up already on line, but go to get pager/wristband. Got pager, but no wristband...don't know if they ran out or what, but they said they would have them later if she came back.

By the time we got back to the room, Tim said that Judit had called, and her dinner cards said that she had dinner at 6:00.....for the love of Charles Manson!!!!!! What's going on???? I don't have the cards in our room, probably at old room, so I run off because we were confirmed at late with a PLA rotation, because we are tied together with many other Dis'ers....stress, stress....not good, not good.....my KTTW card had right rotation, but dining card wrongski....dining room host said he would work it out, (which was good as it was 5 till 6:00 :rolleyes: and we certainly weren't ready) and just come back and see him at 8:15. Soooo...back to room, practice deep breathing....in...out....in....out...in...out...Tenor???

Tenor: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I didn't mean for YOU to breathe in and out Tenor...you stay with me!!!!!! Anyhoo, I think I have solved that, but in the meantime, we have now missed the first 15 minutes of the show.. :confused3 I saw most of it though..kinda cute, but not as great as I know they will be later in the week. Had a juggler who juggled in the dark, with the balls lit up. Saraloulou enjoyed that, and she loved the ventriloquest, who used a boy doll, and a pig doll, he was funny. Captain said welcome aboard, introduced officers, and of course Mickey and Minnie made an appearance with some of the other characters. End of show....

Now, I thought the last time we were here, we went pretty much straight from show to dinner....but I guess with this staggered dining they are testing on our cruise...shows are different times too, and by the time we got out, we still had a ways until dinner. Showed Miss Judit the stores, and then back to cabin, AGAIN...and did a little bit of unpacking, and Saralinda watched the end of Peter Pan.

Okay, back to dinner...will things be fixed????? Yes, the man came through!!! :banana: :love: We are all at 3 different tables, and hubby ended up at the table next to us with DisneyDumbNut, her mom, and daughter, and Saralinda and I were at table with TinkyRyansMom, Ryan, and DH.....but we are close by one another, and they will work on combining us better for tomm, but really, I was just happy to be able to be swapped and in the general area, so I didn't complain of course. I really prefer late dining. I know you parents will think...no, early is better with children, but I disagree. JMHO, but with lates, we go to the show first, and Saraleelee is more wide awake and able to enjoy the show at the earlier time.

DINNER WAS HILARIOUS!!!!! Of course Beans and Tarzanman acted up!!!! And in case Tarzan has not told you himself...."HE IS THE GREAT STONE DRAGON" :p I was, of course, my usual quiet, shy, meek and reserved self :rolleyes: :rolleyes1 I think we closed the place down. In fact, I am pretty certain, we were the last to leave. LOADS of laughs, just a fantastic gathering of my peeps.

Have to be a party pooper tonite, wanted to go to the bar (they were all threatening to go to bar in their pj's when I left them) but I had had 2 early mornings in a row, with getting up Friday at 6:30 and then 3 parks, and then up at 7:30 Saturday to go to port, and I AM POOPED....and the whole dinner thing had stressed me out a little as well...Saralinda watched Mulan before we went to bed.

Did finally get all the luggage, and when we got back to the room after dinner, Saralinda's Decorations had been hung, and the candy bag was actually in the room when we got there earlier. What was NOT there though....NO TOWEL ANIMAL!!!! :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: Oh the horror of it all...Miss Judit had one :sad: :sad: :sad: For the love of Donny and Marie....where's my towel animal???? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

BeanoC said:
Um, Tenor, did you NOT see that I already started a live thread for this cruise??

Boy, I'll tell ya. Some people. :rotfl2:

I used to think you were maybe a little... strange. Now that we've met, I KNOW it to be true. But I luvs ya!!And you said I was the one you wanted to see the most! :love: :love: You are so adorable!!!!

Now stop hogging my topic. ;)

QUIET!!!!!! Can't you see I am talking here?????? I told everyone that you had a thread...but it can't be the Beans and Tenor show with just BEANS!!!!! Now...stop interupting, and yes, I will love to hear your song tonite...but until then...I have a little limerick for you.....

"There once was a man from Nantucket..... :rolleyes1

p.s. where in the love of Martha Stewart are you????? I am in the internet cafe, but am all alone....unless you count the VERY LOUD auction going on across the room from me....man they should re-think that....it is very hard to concentrate on this, and hearing her do the auction at the same time...should do that somewhere else...DOES SHE NOT KNOW I AM THE GREAT AND MIGHTY TENOR????? :dancer: :worship:

p.s. a rooksi: I did see your thread, but wasn't sure if you would like me typing on it.....

DIS NURSE said:
Subscribing to your wonderful ability to type a lot! I love it!
We are sailing Nov. 12th and are so excited! :cool1:

If you had any suggestions, what would be a good time to show up at the terminal? By getting there early do you still beat the mad rush of LOTS of people at one time trying to check in?

BTW, the term :Pinkbounc :cheer2: SHIPPIEPOO :Pinkbounc :cheer2: cracked me up! :rotfl2:

Thanks for any guidance, DIS NURSE :flower:

well....the earlier you get their the lower number you get (1-6) to board...plus if you wanna upgrade, earlier the better. We got there 10ish

For the love of Chip and Dale, me thinks ye need to be just a tad more excited in your postings, LOL!!! :rotfl2:

BTW--lovin' your live report, LOL!!!

Part 3: Skip this part if you don't give a flying fig newton what was on the dinner menu in Parrot's Cay :rolleyes:

To start, you had choice of 3 Specialty Cocktails: Cape Cod Mararita, "Raz" Tini, or Banana Caribe

Appetizers: Quinoa and Grilled Veg's. Spice Island Chicken Wings, Baked Crab Martinique (had that one *great*) and Trio of Salmon

Soups and Salads: Cold Cream of Mango and Papaya, Cream of Sweet Onion Soup, Parrot Cay Salad, and I had these last 2...yes, I said 2...what's it to ya???? I had the Mixed Island Greens, and the Tropical Style Fruit Salad...YUMS :goodvibes

Main Course: I had the Island Roasted Rib-Eye of Beef,
Mixed Grill, Pan Seard Grouper w/Shrimp Lemon Butter, Carribean Roast Chicken, and Baby Back Pork Ribs.

Lighter Fare: Roasted Chicken Breast, Grilled Sirloin Steak, and Baked Salmon Steak.

Vegetarian: Gnocchi Au Gratin, Vegetable Strudel

Desserts: Creme Brulee Cheesecake, French Toast Banana Bread Pudding, Lemon Meringue Pie, Chocolate-Espresso Walnut Cake, and I had the Ice Cream Sundae. Of course you could always get a Mickey Ice Cream bar, which is what Saralinda did.

There was also some warm Banana Bread.

I must add that our service was slightly slow tonite.....but excellent. Beano's table kept getting all their stuff FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p

There were 2 people in there from Hungary, so I asked if they could come by our table and talk with Miss Judit, so she could have a chance to see someone from her hometown, and could speak in her own language for a bit, which she probably misses!!!! One was a sweet girl, and a VERY cute guy...who I would like to keep....CAN WE KEEP HIM?????

Hubby says no..... :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

OKAY all you disers and you lurkers!!! :magnify: :magnify: I have a tea at 3, and afterwards, I will post some more about our Brunch today at Palo, the high Tea, and what movies are playing....

Goodbye for now, and please read Beano's thread too, so he won't beat me up at dinner :rotfl:

If you get a chance to get pictures of the new kids area, I would love to see that! Also, let us know how the ice cream area is working now that it is self serve.

Have a great trip! Love your report!
DJ

Please say HI :wave: to TZM (Tim) and Ophie :love2: from the TKers!! :flower: Have a safe and joyous cruise :banana: (GREEN with envy)!! :blush:

You guys are too funny :rotfl: This is one of the funniest trip reports I've read in a long time.

Great report. Keem em coming!
I too like the late dinner with children. Must be a TX thing. :rotfl:
Have fun
Staci

This is hilarious!! :rotfl2: I can only imagine the excitement since I have SOOOO long to wait still! :rolleyes:

:wave: :boat: :cloud9: :hug:

I have officially subscribed to both your Live threads! Thank you! I can't wait to hear more...

Another Shout Out to Tarzanman and Ophie! Keep an eye on those two for me please~their special people :grouphug: :rose:

:cool1: Your thread is great! I am enjoying it! Thank you for sooooo much detail.

AND SHE IS BACK!!!!!! Both of her....listen...usually I am good about typo's and going back to correct them, but as I am flitting from here to there...may miss some and don't always have time to go back and check everything so...I apologize in advance....(some people get sooo nuts with typo's.... :rotfl2: )

Allrighty then...shall we still pretend that it is yesterday???? ;) :flower:

Movies yesterday in Buena Vista Theatre: The Pacifier...oopsie, forgot to write down what was playing on the jumbotron!!! Rats!!! That is really neat btw, but I thought they did not really utilize it properly yesterday at the sailaway, should have had a live feed so the people who might not could see everything on deck 9 from deck 10, would have a big pic of it!!!!!! Why they no do that????? They did show the ship moving away from the port though....(slight yawn)

TV Movies in Room are of course the same all week, just the times and channels seem to change: Currently: Aladdin, The Black Cauldron, Jungle Book, Cinderella, Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Sword in the Stone, Dinosaur, Fantasia 2000, Lilo & Stitch, Brother Bear, Mulan, Toy Story 2, The Tigger Movie. Sat. big people TV Movies: Sahara, The Longest Yard, Die Another Day, Batman Begins, The Interpreter, Ladder 49.

We have a great magnet on our door that one of my peeps made me with "First DCL Cruise for the 3 Tenors"....get it???? 3 Tenors????? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Me, (Tenor) Tenor Hubby Tenor DD????? GET IT???? :cool1: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Has Dopey, Snow White and Dwarfs on it...unfortunately says 6643...since they kindly made it for me before upgrade...everyone walking by and seeing the wrong room number...what they must be thinking?? Shoot, if they only KNEW me, THEN what would they be thinking???????

Okay to answer some questions, thanks for the feedback. I do not know how to post pics. Sorry, but PLEASE read Beano's thread for that.....this is the long winded, talks too much and gives way too much detail thread.....I don't think Beans would take the time to address some of the things I will, so I think that they can compliment each other nicely. Note to self....keep sucking up to Beano...won't get mad that I am doing another thread...CHECK. Also I will pass on the messages from the threadkillers to Oph and Tim tonite at dinnah!!

Allrighty then...let's stop pretending now that it is Saturday!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Tenor: I DON'T WANNA.....let's keep talking about Saturday...

Lynne: NOPE, sorry, it's hard but you must move on.....or I will call security on you.....

SECURITY!!!!!!!!!

Security: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh for the love of peanut butter and jelly.... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter