List of Hotels

nicola

<font color=deeppink>Tinkerbell<br><font color=gre
In response to Renate and Bonhoga's post I thought I would start a new thread to see if we could get people to list what hotels they have stayed in, in order of preference. As Bonhoga said, I think this would be really helpful for those planning a trip who haven't stayed in many of the hotels. I know we have the FAQ thread on hotels but this doesn't give a comparison. I hope this is ok-if it causes any problems or if people think its silly then just ignore me.

Party of 2, DW and I (mid 20s-early 30s)

1 - Cheyenne
2 - Sequoia Lodge

- - - - - - -

Yet to see - Santa Fe (10 days!)

We much preferred the Cheyenne to the SL - we had read many places how the SL was THE romantic hotel so we honeymooned there and found it to be far less romantic than the Cheyenne. The bar was more of a family bar which is great if you have kids but it doesn't make for romance! I like the Cheyenne themeing, it's less like a normal hotel than the others and I also like the lack of floors - we were on the top floor at SL but usually ground or first floor in Cheyenne.

To be honest we spend very little time in our hotel so the cheaper the better for us (more money to spend in the parks) - all DLRP hotels are clean which is all we really care about as we only sleep and shower in them anyway!

I will go ahead and post my list as follows:

1. HNY
2. NPBC
3. HI
4. Kyriad

Hoping to add DLH to top of list in Dec :cool1:

dlpSteve said:
1 - Cheyenne
2 - Sequoia Lodge

- - - - - - -

Yet to see - Santa Fe (10 days!)

We much preferred the Cheyenne to the SL - we had read many places how the SL was THE romantic hotel so we honeymooned there and found it to be far less romantic than the Cheyenne. Th bar was more of a family bar which is great if you have kids but it doesn't make for romance! I like the Cheyenne themeing, it's less like a normal hotel than the others and I I also like the lack of floors - we were on the top floor at SL but usually ground or first floor in Cheyenne.

To be honest we spend very little time in our hotel so the cheaper the better for us (more money to spend in the parks) - all DLRP hotels are clean which is all we really care about as we only sleep and shower in them anyway!

We will probably care less about where we stay as children get a bit older. With DD being only two and an absolute nightmare in restaurants room service is really important to us but that will obviously (hopefully) change as she gets older. Interesting to see that you rate Cheyenne higher than SL. I think my 6 year old son would like Cheyenne. He's really into the whole cowboy thing and his favourite toy from DLP is the big cowboy guns from Frontierland. I am looking forward to trying both the hotels you listed in future.

1 - Sequoia Lodge (as a young couple)
2 - Santa Fé (on a school trip, and again with my mum and 12-yr-old sister)

I don't think we'd stay at a hotel without a pool in the future, but I am quite curious to try the Cheyenne. :)

Good idea :flower: but I thing it would be useful to tell the others additionally with what kind of party you travelled. Means a couple over the 40s would prefer other hotels than a family with two kids or a young couple :cool1:

here´s my ranking for the older couple and parties travelling with friends of the same age or younger :goodvibes the figures ins columns are the times we stayed there yet.

1. HNY (3)
2. Holiday Inn (8)
3. NPBC (2)
4. DCR (2)
5. Mövenpick (1)
6. SL (1)
7. Kyriad (2)
8. Cheyenne (2)
9. SF (2)
10. Pierre & Vacances (1)

and for a budget trip to a non-Disney-hotel we prefer the 1erClasse at Bussy-Saint George (5)

Greets Renate
:wizard:

1. Newport Bay
2. Santa Fe

Preferred NBC because of view and location, rooms are bigger and that was a definate plus with 2 children. Hairdrier a bonus as well. Generally just a nicer hotel. Only negative thing I would say about Santa Fe is that you have to go outdoors to get to the main building and the first time we stayed there was in December, but then that is a silly negative when you spend all day outdoors anyway!

Renate,

Good point about adding description of party travelling with. We are two adults in mid thirties with DD 2, DS6.

I can't really join in with this as I've only stayed at the SL.

We loved it - the location, the easy walk to Disney Village and the decor. We would stay here again definitely but want to try other hotels first. My next I am hoping to be Hotel New York :)

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you Nicola :cool1:

I have just received my Autumn/Winter brochure and I don't know about the rest of you but it just all looks so perfect - I get totally confused!

Hearing other peoples experiences definately helps :goodvibes .

We have only stayed at two, but in order of preference, it would probably be:

1. Hotel Cheyenne
2. Davy Crockett Ranch

but we enjoyed both of them.

Sorry, should have added..............

Trip to Hotel Cheyenne was with DH, 2 DDs and 3DSs - so seven of us in total, and one of the things that made my holiday was having the free launderette next door and all the accommodation being such small homely buildings. :sunny:

Trip to Davy Crockett ranch was only with DH, 1DD, and 2 DSs, five of us in total. We loved the little cabins and all the wildlife, and the feeling of being out in the country - but we went in February. It was absolutely freezing and a lot of the activities at the ranch are outdoor!!! :cold:

However if it had been warmer we may have enjoyed Davy Crocketts more :love: .

1. Newport Bay
2. Santa Fe

We stayed at Newport Bay as a family of 5, our children were, 5,4 & 18mths. When we were at Santa Fe we were only 4 and our children were nearly 3 and 18mths. this year we are staying at Pierre & Vacances as we now need 5 beds, (children are 7, 6 and nearly 4) and we are only having one day in DLP. Hopefully it will be ok and we plan to visit Paris during our stay. :cool1:

Good idea to give extra details Renate but I'm afraid we don't comply with your theory in terms of people in their 40's;) :)

My DH and I are, well errrr, closer to 50:guilty: and have an 8 year old

We have stayed in the NBC ( Admirals floor ) and the Cheyanne.
We much preferred the Cheyanne. The breakfast was better at the NBC though but the atmoshere and themeing was great at the Cheyanne. I guess that there was more to entertain DS at the Cheyanne too (although there weren't hoards of kids running around, showing my age a bit here :rolleyes1 ) There was something a bit more magical about the Cheyanne, you felt that you were in cowboy land. Pure escapism. The atmoshere was very relaxed.

The NBC was vast, I spent all my time getting lost and looking for our room:sad2:
By the time I found my way to the pool ( I had to go back to the room because we had forgotten something ) everyone had got out of the pool and were on their way back to the room ! OK so I have a hopeless sense of direction:rotfl2:

We are staying at SL this time, mostly because it has a pool

We also have a DS who has, Special needs, I would certainly be happier taking him both as a child and as an adult to the Cheyanne, its smaller, friendlier, and more relaxed. I have friends who have a daughter with cerebral palsy and they stay at the Sants Fe

Thanks Dee8197, Interesting-another vote for Cheyenne. We may have to give it a go sometime when DD2 is slightly older. We have stayed at NPBC and although we thought it was fine, I know what you mean about getting lost. We were in one of the rooms right at the end and it was like a maze. In fact our DS who was 3 at the time would run slightly ahead of us you know around the corners and such. Well, one day he ran slightly too much ahead and got onto the lift just as my husband ran up to get him the doors closed and he was away on his own in the lift. We didn't know if the lift went up or down as it doesn't tell you and I'm afraid I lost the plot completely and went into a complete panic. All I could think was that he was going to go down to the front door and outside and be run down by a bus (my cousins little boy was hit by a car and died so I am very paranoid about it). Anyway the story turned out well, he was found about 15 minutes later down in the shop but ever since and he is 6 now I have a wrist strap that he wears while in the parks. I do get some very strange looks but I don't care. I am sorry I have got slightly off topic there, the point is the cheyenne is starting to sound quite nice. I'll be interested to hear what you think of SL.

Hi everyone,

Ok, here are my choices for holiday next March/April.
Either stay 2nights/3 days at Hotel Sante fe [cheapness], followed by two nights at Disneyland Hotel [so expensive, can't afford to spend whole holiday there!!!! :sad2: ]
-or-
Stay 4 nights/5 days in a suite in the NPBC, or HNY [there will be 5 of us in group, so I think we can fit a suite at NPBC, not sure about HNY]
-or-
Stay for much longer, maybe even 7 days and stick with Davy Crockett or Sante Fe.

Please, please anyone who has stayed either in HNY and NPBC, let me know what you think :wave2: !!!
And for anyone who has been lucky enough to stay at DLP - is it really worth the extra? Or do you need to be in the Castle Club rooms to really experience the difference? :grouphug:

Bonhoga
Personally, I would go for the stay at the Santa Fe but stay at Cheyanne instead ( for the same price ) and then go to DLH. Just for the experience:) and the luxury.

Nicola

We had the same experience with our DS and the lifts. What a nightmare ! The maze of corridors wasn't good for the stress levels with a very fit, fast, and adventurous 6 year old either. I think it's safe to say NEVER AGAIN !:rolleyes: With the Cheyanne you're a little further from the lake too, another fear when you have a lost child so close to water. I'm so sorry to hear about your cousins little boy, such an horrific tragedy.

Bonhoga
Personally, I would go for the stay at the Santa Fe but stay at Cheyanne instead ( for the same price ) and then go to DLH. Just for the experience and the luxury.

Thank you for that, I was thinking it might be a nice surprise for everyone if I kept that piece of information to myself and made out we were staying at the Santa Fe [or definately Cheyenne, if I can get the same price]all the time, and then for the last two days sprung that surprise on the family ......that we were going to stay at DLP. :wave2:

Bonhoga, We have stayed at both NPBC and HNY and while we enjoyed both, we definitely prefer HNY. If I were you I would not want to unpack and then have to pack and unpack again just to move hotels, especially as you are travelling as a group of 5. Do you think you will spend much time in your hotel room, if not I would stay at Sante Fe. We have a DD2 and DS6 and we do tend to spend more time in hotel ie. we enjoy having room service at HNY. I can't recommend HNY enough. It has a nicer atmosphere than NPBC and is much smaller. The pool and leisure facilities are brilliant with a huge pool. Also the restaurants are fabulous. Decisions, decisions...let us know what you finally decide on.

Thanks Nicola :sunny:
Don't worry once I book you will probably all be fed up with me going on and on!! I think you're probably right about packing and unpacking - especially as the party seems to be growing.

My sister and her two daughters, and my newly married niece and her DH say they want to come too. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter