• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Links to spam while on Safari on iPhone

bchbetha

DIS Veteran
In the past week, when I click on a thread while using Safari on my iPhone, I get taken to a "Congratulations! You've won..." page. Whole thing freezes. I have to swipe away the page and start again with a fresh window. Any ideas?

One of this boards advertisers is junk. Sending your readers to a lock screen where you have to close out and open a new session is a bunch of crap.

I am having this problem on my iphone and my ipad, and only with the disboards site. I already tried going to settings > safari > clear all data and privacy > pop up blocker on and it's still happening. It appears there's a script that spamers are running on this website.

Same here. I've emailed DIS twice about this so they've been made aware. What a pain! It's discouraging me from logging on. Pay attention powers that be!!! You are losing eyes on ads every time I give up and close it down.

This has happened to me twice today. I am going to stay of DIS on my iPad for a few days to see if this gets resolved.

Happening here too. And slowing my devices down. Please dis, take care of this!

Same here. I've emailed DIS twice about this so they've been made aware. What a pain! It's discouraging me from logging on. Pay attention powers that be!!! You are losing eyes on ads every time I give up and close it down.

I'm getting that too on an iPad. It's some sort of hijack by an advertiser. I see multiple redirect pages in the history and DIS doesn't show up when I try to go back.

Ditto on my iPhone. And using the back button doesn't work to take you back to the forum. It's to the point where I don't even bother looking at it on my phone and then don't have time to look at it on my computer at home.

Whatever it is it seems to be specific to iPhones and apparently iPads as I have no issues (other than annoying ads with sound) using Safari on my MacBook when I do have time to look at it while at home.

If you guys could take a screenshot when this happens and send it to admin@wdwinfo.com, it will help us to be able to track down which Google ad is causing the problem.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter