• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Limits on what you can eat on DDP?/Visa rewards

lfama

DISBride '10
Two questions, folks! Firstly, I would never do the dining plan, but I am getting free dining when I go in the fall, so I am absolutely going to use it. Are there limits as to what you can eat? We plan on using it on the Sci-Fi (dinner), O'Hana (breakfast), Chef Mickey's (breakfast), Concourse Steakhouse (dinner), Rose & Crown (dinner), Whispering Canyon (breakfast), and 1900 Park Fare (breakfast.) We also plan on eating at some other places, which we will be paying for out of pocket; we have lots of Disney Reward points, will we be able to use them towards the purchase of our meals? Thanks!!! :wizard:

At each restraunt you receive an appetizer, entree and desert along with a non alcoholic beverage. We love the dining plan and use it everytime we go and end up saving hundreds of dollars. There should be very little in parks you would need to pay for out of pocket (not to say there will be some) but we save our reward points for our season passes and can usually pay for all 4 with our reward dollars. Review the CS before you go and max out your mealplan. Use your snack for your water and pop and buy the great snack you would rather have with cash.

Between free dining and my reward dollars and my boyfriend's, hopefully we can save a bunch!

You can order one item from each of the appetizer, entree, dessert, and beverage categories.

At some restaurants, only fountain drinks, tea, coffee, and lemonade are allowed. At others, smoothies and milkshakes are included.

Some restaurants have additional categories on the menu such as "Side items" or "sushi menu." The most notorious for this is Teppanyaki. You can order these items if you'd like, but will pay OOP for them.

The server at each restaurant will explain any limitations before you order, but the only places we found anything significant were Teppanyaki and places where appetizers/desserts were listed as "serves 2" or "serves 4." In those cases, that number of people had to agree if you wanted to order that appetizer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter