Likelihood of Soft Opening for Pirates?

Baloo2003

Mouseketeer
I will be there from June 8-12, 2006, just missing the official reopening of Pirates. I just got back from WDW and their Pirates were closed too. I hate that I will miss the new charaters of Pirates.

Does anyone think there could be a soft opening for pirates. I know that soft openings are usually reserved for new attractions, but didn't Space Mountain refurbishment have a soft opening?

Just looking for a shred of hope....

I am far from an expert, but given the nature of the changes and the big hype for the movie premiere on June 24 I would say no. I hope I am wrong, because I really hate for you to miss it on both Disney trips!!

Amy

I would say no. I heard it might open to the public on the 25th of june a day earlier then the scheduled date of the 26th but nothing before that. The changes are too drastic and they are trying to keep everything under wraps and open with the movie premiere. Just think this just means you will have to plan another trip!

Yes, it did, but it had also been closed for 2+ years (with a lot of new CMs and new procedures to train), not the few months POTC is down. I think it's very doubtful that there'd be a soft opening for POTC. I also haven't heard of any changes on POTC that would require the training a soft opening would give.

Baloo2003 I feel your pain. We will be there the same weekend, we live really far away (Indiana), and DH has never seen DL's POTC. I have seen it once many years ago. Guess timing is everything!

I am going back to WDW this Dec to see Christmas decorations for the first time. I can see the WDW version then. I was looking forward to the DL version. I suspect thirs will be better. They have more caverns that you go thru before the ride seems to start. I just imagine they will fill that with lots of new animatronics and set decorations. That is such a long time from now, but you are right.......it will just have to do.

The earliest I would expect to see a "soft opening" of Pirates is June 25th, the day after the premier party. With official opening on June 26th.

OH MAN!!!... I am going JUNE 8-16 for my first time to Disneyland and I really wanted to see what all the hype was about on their POC... compared to WDW's "dumbed down" version

We'll be there for the 1st time June 17-25...we too are hoping for a soft opening on the 25th (especially since it was previously advertised to open on June 24!!!!).

At least I can now look forward to seeing it at WDW in August. We just couldn't turn down a cheap trip with FREE dining.

Probably slim and none. But the best of luck to the folks who go during that time.

Jack pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter