Lifelong Dream- August 2014: My PTR

ADRs are done! HOORAY!

We got everything we wanted, most of them within the time slot we had chosen as ideal too... woo hoo! :D

We've got ADRs now for:
Mama Melrose (the Fantasmic Dining Package)
Be Our Guest (dinner)
Akerhaus (dinner)
Crystal Palace (dinner I think!)
Tusker House (lunch)
and Le Cellier (dinner)

Disney have their DVDs on buy one, get one free again :)

I've just ordered Planes (which I haven't seen) and Little Mermaid (replacing my old VHS!)... that made me smile today! :)

5 months and 2 days to go... but damnit! I want to go to WDW NOW!

I don't know why, I'm just super excited and impatient today, and I want to go NOW!

Hope you have a lovely time (i'm sure you will!!)
we loved our stay at ssr, can't wait to go back

They must have been doing a mail out for August trips. I forgot that everything would come through DH's name.... sadly, I couldn't book it in my name, as my passport is in my maiden name, but my cards are in my married name, and computer said no!

Oh, just seen you got some Mickey Mail for your Aug trip! Wonder if Mickey Mail will be sent out for Sept trips! :rolleyes1

The only post I have received so far from VH was a hefty envelope which got me excited! I thought it was Mickey Mail but no! It was the biggest mailing of "please get our credit card" junk I have ever seen!!! :sad:

Hiya, loving your posts and PTR im on countdown myself 195 days as we speak. My mrs isnt so fussed. Its too far away for her to get excited. 15 days till i book a couple of ADR

Woohoo:woohoo:

Two new followers! :) Hello! :wave2:

Hiya, loving your posts and PTR im on countdown myself 195 days as we speak. My mrs isnt so fussed. Its too far away for her to get excited. 15 days till i book a couple of ADR

Woohoo:woohoo:

We're the other way round: I'm excited, DH thinks too far away to be excited!

I was really nervous about our ADR today (especially as I was on holiday in Iceland, and spending the day on a coach trip), but managed to get everything I wanted via their WiFi connection. Have you already picked where you want to eat (and when)?

I wrote a list of where, which day and a rough time we were aiming for. A couple of the days, I wrote a backup (a completely different time or venue) as the next best option... and then got everything we wanted within an hour of our ideal time! :) It meant I could tick them off as I made the ADRs.

Two new followers! :) Hello! :wave2: We're the other way round: I'm excited, DH thinks too far away to be excited! I was really nervous about our ADR today (especially as I was on holiday in Iceland, and spending the day on a coach trip), but managed to get everything I wanted via their WiFi connection. Have you already picked where you want to eat (and when)? I wrote a list of where, which day and a rough time we were aiming for. A couple of the days, I wrote a backup (a completely different time or venue) as the next best option... and then got everything we wanted within an hour of our ideal time! :) It meant I could tick them off as I made the ADRs.

You are far better organised with your ADRs etc than me! I have made one but now I am going to change it! :-D

You are far better organised with your ADRs etc than me! I have made one but now I am going to change it! :-D

I knew we wanted some of the most popular places, so we had to be organised or risk being disappointed!

In other news:

5 MONTHS TODAY!

Whoop whoop whoop! :)

To be really honest, we havent done much planning of the day to day stuff. the only things we want to do is Be our Guest Dinner and Tusker House for character breakfast.

We are hoping that cause we are going late September Early October that it will be quieter. and also we kinda think that if we cant get in somewhere we can always go somewhere else. We havent got a dinning plan so not tied to Disney to eat.

And if we cant get Be Our Guest in 14 days days then there is something seriously wrong.

To be really honest, we havent done much planning of the day to day stuff. the only things we want to do is Be our Guest Dinner and Tusker House for character breakfast.

We are hoping that cause we are going late September Early October that it will be quieter. and also we kinda think that if we cant get in somewhere we can always go somewhere else. We havent got a dinning plan so not tied to Disney to eat.

And if we cant get Be Our Guest in 14 days days then there is something seriously wrong.

It was definitely a big deal for us, as we won't have a car, are staying onsite and got the free dining plan as part of our booking, which means we have a Table Service credit to use for each day! :)

Good luck with BOG. Lots of people seem to be having problems getting them at the moment (there are lots of threads that pop up about it on the main board). We knew we wanted to eat there, but were prepared to go and line up for lunch if needs be. Thankfully, we don't need that backup plan and we got an ADR for dinner at a great time for us :)

BOG dinner is completely booked out when we go, be sure to get on asap to book the ADR.

I am hoping for BOG at lunch rather than dinner when we are there, though it is CS so will judge on the queue length!

I think we were quite lucky, as our arrival date is August 18th, so we did all our ADRs 180 days before that. On August 20th, the US Free Dining offer opens up, so there are lots more people on the dining plan, therefore, lots more people booking meals onsite. When we booked, there was plenty of availability for BOG, and we didn't have any problems, but days later there were lots of reports of it being completely booked up, so I think the Free Dining window opening up has a huge impact.

When our ADR date opened up the online system wasn't working at all so I had to call but I managed to get a table for 9 at Be Our Guest on the day we wanted and at the right kind of time. I asked for that one first and didn't have a problem even though the CM was rather frustrating at first and kept saying she couldn't find our booking! Wasted nearly five minutes but got it booked. It was towards the end of our 'plus 10' days which probably helped. If you want it on one of your first days the problem is that lots of other people will already have had access to booking that day.

woohooo on Tuesday April 1st i reached my 180 day mark and managed to book Be Our Guest and Tusker House no problem at all. Think i will do my Memory Maker this weekend while the dollar is soooo strong

Onwards to the next mile marker

woohooo on Tuesday April 1st i reached my 180 day mark and managed to book Be Our Guest and Tusker House no problem at all. Think i will do my Memory Maker this weekend while the dollar is soooo strong

Onwards to the next mile marker

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Great news on your ADRs!

129 Days to go...

Does anyone else keep tweaking this ADRs?

I've already moved my Tusker House ADR back by 90 minutes, and my Crystal Palace one back by 20 minutes. It's so hard knowing when exactly we'll want to eat, but I just keep playing with them- I love the fact the the system holds your previous reservation until your new one is confirmed. Very clever.

129 Days to go...

Does anyone else keep tweaking this ADRs?

I've already moved my Tusker House ADR back by 90 minutes, and my Crystal Palace one back by 20 minutes. It's so hard knowing when exactly we'll want to eat, but I just keep playing with them- I love the fact the the system holds your previous reservation until your new one is confirmed. Very clever.

Yes! I keep changing my ADRs, then re-thinking them, then moving them, should it be a late breakfast instead of lunch etc! :scared:

I haven't booked an ADR for BoG, I think I would prefer lunch (CS) rather than dinner! :confused3

I just wish the September dates for Wishes Dessert Party would open! They are now selectable but currently say no tables available :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter