Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Someone at Disney will have egg on their face if the announcement is a disappointment.

VDH had the tax that scared many away. CFW had high dues. What might have Disney so afraid to announce Poly tower details?
I wonder about that myself, what's the big deal? The only thing I can think of is that they know Poly will sell, so they are giving Riviera and CFW some breathing room before they unveil the "star". Poly has a cult following, and many of us with grandchildren grew up going to Poly with our own parents (many of whom are now deceased) and want to continue the legacy. We need those larger rooms to have three generations together, and unless they create some logistical catastrophe over there, everyone knows, we're going to buy.

I wonder about that myself, what's the big deal? The only thing I can think of is that they know Poly will sell, so they are giving Riviera and CFW some breathing room before they unveil the "star". Poly has a cult following, and many of us with grandchildren grew up going to Poly with our own parents (many of whom are now deceased) and want to continue the legacy. We need those larger rooms to have three generations together, and unless they create some logistical catastrophe over there, everyone knows, we're going to buy.

While I agree that we may see some good sales numbers with Poly, like we did with BPK, the first few months, it could end up following a similar path that took once the initial demand happened. Same thing with VDH…it started strong

How they price things will matter, because one thing we have seen is that a lower price can sway someone into a different choice..

That is why I also think that the price could end up matching VDH and even with incentives, it is higher than RIV and CFW, especially if the predictions are correct and it has no problem selling….

Last edited:
While I agree that we may see some good sales numbers with Poly, like we did with BPK, the first few months, it could end up following a similar path that took once the initial demand happened. Same thing with VDH…it started strong

That is why how they price things will matter, because one thing we have seen is that a lower price can sway someone into a different choice..

That is why I also think that the price could end up matching VDH and even with incentives, it is higher than RIV and CFW, especially if the predictions are correct and it has no problem selling….
yes, I should qualify that with, if priced fairly it will sell. No amount of emotional attachment will persuade me to overpay.

yes, I should qualify that with, if priced fairly it will sell. No amount of emotional attachment will persuade me to overpay.
I'm trying to decide how much of a premium (if any) I'm willing to pay for Poly vs what RIV is currently selling for with incentives. Not sure we have beaten this topic to death enough - how hard do you think 7 month availability will be at Poly once the tower is open? (After the initial wave of interest.)

I'm trying to decide how much of a premium (if any) I'm willing to pay for Poly vs what RIV is currently selling for with incentives. Not sure we have beaten this topic to death enough - how hard do you think 7 month availability will be at Poly once the tower is open? (After the initial wave of interest.)
I think it’ll depend on how much of the resort sells/DVD declares to owners early on and how crazy the point chart ends up being. Assuming it’s the same association, that’s 4million PVB points that are ready to book on day 1 with limited declared availability.

I think it’s going to end up being something like RIV where only preferred views and mostly 1bdrms will be available at 7mo.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt because I’m very unlikely to buy either anytime soon, but I think PVB deserves a substantial premium over RIV assuming (not quite confirmed!) that you can resell without restrictions. Maybe $15-30 more, but it’s hard to predict what RIV resale will look like in 15 years when the tower is sold out and (potentially) there is a new shiny DVC option on crescent lake or in front of EPCOT by the monorail.

The counter to that is that RIV is superior in that, long as you aren’t afraid of heights or the skyliner specifically, it’s so convenient with minimal walking to Epcot and DHS. Not sure if anybody has paced it out, but you might be able to get from your room at RIV to the turnstiles at Epcot (and DHS?) with less walking than from Poly Tower to GCH monorail station (and presumably RIV doesn’t require any stairs…).

Multi-generation Poly describes us as well. Own PVB, but the lack of realistic 1BR and 2BR is definitely a problem.

skyliner specifically, it’s so convenient with minimal walking to Epcot and DHS. Not sure if anybody has paced it out, but you might be able to get from your room at RIV to the turnstiles at Epcot (and DHS?) with less walking than from Poly Tower to GCH monorail station (and presumably RIV doesn’t require any stairs…).
Not quite, but I have found it quicker to get to EPCOT (and with less walking) from Riv than from many of our stays at the Boardwalk and it’s never ending hallways. Flying over France is a delightful mode of travel 😄

Not quite, but I have found it quicker to get to EPCOT (and with less walking) from Riv than from many of our stays at the Boardwalk and it’s never ending hallways. Flying over France is a delightful mode of travel 😄
But I was informed by Epcot purists that being able to see the Eiffel tower and Spaceship Earth and the UK Pavilion at the same time would ruin Epcot for all time and cause Walt's ghost to be tortured for all eternity by this abomination called a Skyliner 🤣

Ok, but in a thunderstorm you often can’t use the Skyliner at all. 😵‍💫
True, true but you always have a bus as backup for RIV when lightning is around and it drops you off right under the covered walkway😌 Tbf I’ve actually never experienced the skyliner going down for weather but this past January our trip coincided with the scheduled yearly refurbishment so we took the bus everywhere and it has to be one of the better bus systems. Short-ish waits and we’ve almost always had a seat on the bus. I don’t think RIV shares with the other resorts anymore so that made the journeys pretty quick, too.

More than he's tortured because his Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow became a combination world's fair and amusement park?
Possibly cause for a new thread, but I'm not so sure his original idea was even feasible. & he did say it would change immensely before it was finished. I think it is pretty damn close to what he wanted and that was actually possible. What I mean is I think it was bound to turn into something similar anyway.

More than he's tortured because his Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow became a combination world's fair and amusement park?
I do think Walt would have liked the Epcot with Horizons, World of Motion and Universe of Energy better than the one with Guardians of the Galaxy, Frozen Ever After, and Nemo and Friends. Hey, what are everyone’s thoughts on retheming Spaceship Earth to The Incredibles?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter