Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, the December Riviera declaration was the largest Riviera declaration since the master declaration.
Did they go larger to use up all points beside 25% they’re holding for trust. I have no idea but who knows. Maybe they wanted to avoid a situation where they declared a typical chunk, and it would tip their hand later adding the final small chunk to classic DVC. Timewise too, would give them more time before needing to switch gears.

We have haven’t floor plans for the upper floors right? I’m still holding out hope for a public space (or lounge or restaurant) with a dramatic view.
There are spaces facing the lagoon mid building that have been covered by plywood that seem like they potentially could be some sort of dining, lounge, club level, or something. (Wild, speculative guess… but that seems to be a thing). Looking forward to all the official details!

Did they go larger to use up all points beside 25% they’re holding for trust. I have no idea but who knows. Maybe they wanted to avoid a situation where they declared a typical chunk, and it would tip their hand later adding the final small chunk to classic DVC. Timewise too, would give them more time before needing to switch gears.

It would sadden me if Disney didn’t know their plans for CFW trust at least a year before they received the timeshare license approval (October 12, 2023). That gave them plenty of time to verify what is legal for a new property. Also, gave them plenty of time to research what is legal for all other properties.

I do not see RIV or any of the resorts currently being sold as a leasehold condo added to the trust. It just makes it more confusing.

Since Poly tower is a brand new building, I think the potential is that for that..but only because they have not sold any units in it yet.

I do believe they have known what they would do with selling CFW and this trust model since it was announced. And I believe they have an idea of short and long term goals.

But, I also think it’s still so weird we have not seen any updates in terms of license or other documents yet.

I have been trying to find an update to the multi site POS for 2024 which would include the cabins, but wondering if anything else was slipped in…which is how we found out VDH would have restrictions last year.

I came over here as soon as I read about it. Wondering @Sandisw thoughts…
There was a mostly unnoticed conversation yesterday in another thread where @mkatsy discovered some poly tower documents that were written under the PVB ID (a first since previous documents for the tower were marked with the Polynesian Hotel ID) and Sandi said she is now 99% confident that the tower will be part of PVB association. I’m sure this just further solidifies that.

I came over here as soon as I read about it. Wondering @Sandisw thoughts…

Well, that is not something I was expecting but I also think it could support that we are going to see Poly tower part of PVB, which is also what those offical documents indicated with the parcel number.

I know some thought lack of ROFR was a sign it confirmed it, but I always thought the opposite and that taking lower contracts would happen to raise the price so that resale and direct get closer.

However, we know they have stopped selling PVB, so this isn’t being taken to sell.

Could it be we are going to see it be part of PVB but they are up to something else with it?

I have to say I am unsure what they are up to because nothing they are doing with this project makes a whole lot of sense.

But, I’m standing by my comment yesterday that the parcel ID means something and that it’s at a point that gambling with PVB resale might be worth it!

Last edited:
I think he’s referring to the 2 poly contracts that were just posted as ROFRed in the ROFR thread. I believe a few others are still waiting to hear back so we’ll see what this means but it’s definitely a new development.
It’s definitely more than 2! Looks like ROFR is scooping up lots (possibly all) of poly resales this week!

We’ve heard of two so far on this board; where are you hearing about others? And I had just been thinking about adding a small poly resale contract, but I might have been too late for that party
Family friend had theirs snagged this week by ROFR as well. They’re not on here, but they were paying somewhere around $134 per point, so significantly more than one of the buyers who had their contract ROFR’d

Family friend had theirs snagged this week by ROFR as well. They’re not on here, but they were paying somewhere around $134 per point, so significantly more than one of the buyers who had their contract ROFR’d
Oh wow… thanks for the update. Will be interesting to see over the course of the week how many are getting eaten up vs which are getting through.

Fingers crossedFamily friend had theirs snagged this week by ROFR as well. They’re not on here, but they were paying somewhere around $134 per point, so significantly more than one of the buyers who had their contract ROFR’d
Thank you for the info! Do you happen to know how many points the contract was for? We’re waiting to hear back on an 85-point PVB contract… 🤞

Just got word back yesterday that our 100 point Poly add on passed at 125
Wow, talk about cutting it close.

Are they ROFRing only bigger contracts? 🤔

Since most non-poly threads almost inevitably become focused on Poly speculation, it’s only fair that I turn this poly-thread into speculation about how it could impact other resorts, lol— one thing that occurred to me is that there is a lot of pent-up demand for Poly2–however, if they are ROFRing PVB, it indicates that they’re going to launch PVB2 at pretty high initial prices (why pay $135 to buy it back only to sell it around $160 when you have nearly unlimited supply of points and limited cash?)— if they are going to launch over $200/pt, it might cause a lot of “waiting for poly direct” buyers to consider BLT, VGF, PVB (resale), or even CCV/RIV/AKV/SSR resale, and contribute to some upward pressure on resale prices, at least in the short term.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter