Legoland

Albertan mom

<font color=blue>I didn't mean too, innocent mista
Hope I am allowed to post this here! I couldn't find another place to post it....

I was wondering about Legoland. We hadn't planned on going, but I got a free kids ticket in a box of Lego today (the box only cost $10!). Plus the ticket gives you $10 off any additional tickets, up to 6 tickets.

I am wondering if at ages 7 and 10, my kids are too old for it. I looked on the webpage, but I can't really tell. I just don't want to spend hours in the car if they will find it boring.

They like to build with Lego at home. But after Knotts, Seaworld and DL, will it seem lame?

Thanks for any input.

I suspect your kids may find legoland boring, unless they are really into lego's. I took my dd then almost 4 and she loved it, when she was almost 5 we went to DL and now she at almsot 6 has not interest in going back to legoland, only disneyland.

I am an adult with no children, and have been to Legoland twice, and loved it both times. It is geared towards smaller children, with no real huge coasters, (the largest is about the size of Space Mountain) but definitly some very unique rides and attractions. You really do have to like LEGO's to enjoy it.

There is a large section with whole cities created of LEGO Bricks, New York City, San Francisco, very cool, as the detail is amazing. They have a kid's driving school where children drive their own little cars around a large course with stop signs, stop lights, etc, you have to follow the rules of the road, and you get a (fake!) driver's license. Its completely a very unique park, not like anything else out there at all.

If you would be interested we did a huge feature story on Legoland a few issues ago in our magazine Theme Parks Magazine. We still have back issues, if you would like to order one (they are $5.99).

www.ThemeParksMagazine.com

Jennifer

Legoland is great for children up to about 12 years old. Older than that they may find it a bit boring after the first hour or so. The young ones you will have to drag them out teen age will never stop saying "when are we leaving"
:)

I think Legoland is worth a visit for you and your boys if you have the time, but it's now or never. My DS was around 8 or 9 when we went, and we had a great time and I was very glad that we had gone. However, we didn't have great interest in returning. The rides are not the kind you want to reride several times, especially after the rides at DL. And while the Lego cities and other displays are amazing, once you've seen them, you've "been there done that". I think it's a great place to go once (more often only for the very young).

I agree with the earlier posts that its worth going at least once. About half of the rides are very basic, little kids, rides. The others are "fun" for older kids, but nothing to blow your socks off like some of the Disney rides. The park is also much smaller (and cleaner and more family friendly believe it or not and far less crowded) so you can easily finish it in one day. In fact, we're usually done by mid-afternoon. I would say that after you see it once, you probably won't have any desire to go again, but you'll be glad you did it. My kids are 9 and 7 now. They loved it a few years ago and are begging me to take them again. I'm going to real soon and then I figure that'll probably be it for us.

We went this summer and enjoyed it. It was a much slower paced day, and at first we weren't impressed. But we ended up spending the whole day there. My DS is 12 and LOVES lego, at first he was complaining (not everything was open when the park first opened) but we had to drag him out of the park at the end of the day!!!
Be sure to make reservations right away for Mindstorms if your kids want to try it. I think that was one of my DS's highlights.

Just went last month with an elementary school. They all loved it from the reviews and want to go back. Speaking from an adult point of view, it is nice as a one time thing...but can't see going back anytime soon. Cool things to see, but the same will be there when and if I go back.

We just went, my sons are 5, 7, & 10. They loved it, but I am glad that we went when we did. Had I waited much longer, my older son would have been bored. I think your children's ages are about right for it, but don't wait too much longer.

Our 6 year old and 11 year old liked Legoland. The rides are okay, but the most impressive is that everything is made out of Legos so that was really fun. We also did the new water park for 1/2 day and the boys loved that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter