Leaving for Disney on Friday--New to boards

Hoosier_Girl05

Earning My Ears
Hey! I am new to these boards, I just found it the day before yesterday, and this is my first real post. It would be really helpful if someone would tell me the lingo haha, i get a little confused, like what is DD and DS and DH and CM and stuff like that? I guess maybe I'm just a little slow, haha.

I am leaving this friday(may 2nd) any tips or anything? I am 15, almost 16,and have a little sister that just turned 13. my sister and I tend to fight a lot, so we need something to keep us from getting on each others nerves too badly haha. My parents said they want to go out by themselves so my sister and I are going to go to Disney Quest that night, any suggestions about that?

We are staying at the Caribbean beach sunday(5-4)-sat(5-10)(we are going home on sat.)

Sat the 3rd we are going to universal, so if you have any tips about that, that would be helpful lol. This is our first trip there so I am kind of clueless.

Thanks!!

Jacklynn

Welcome to the DIS!

DH=Disney husband
DD=Disney Daughter
DM=Disney Mom

CM=Cast Member, this is how Disney refers to their employees.

You will love the Caribbean Beach Resort. We stayed there on our first visit with our family. DisneyQuest is a blast, you will have a good time. Try the Cyber coaster. Try to get along with your sister so your mom & dad can have a nice evening out without worrying about you. (I have 2 dd's myself - I know how this works!)

You can easily occupy an evening at DQ. They have good food too!

#1 rule, HAVE FUN!!!!!
dont waste time fighting w/ your sister... save it for when u get home :)

make sure you try vitural space mnt and try the drawing class @ DQ (Disney Quest)

also look for hidden Mickeys!!! ( www.hiddenmickeys.org will explain them and tell you where you can find some)

Hi, and welcome to the boards!!! After your trip, keep checking these boards for great tips for your next trip. I'm leaving on May 3rd, so my schedule is like yours. The dates that you will be in disney will be great for your family. The Flower and Garden Festival is taking place at Epcot then, there will be lots and lots of things to see and do over there. Your parents might get a kick out of the Flower Power rock groups that will be playing at the America Gardens theatre at Epcot. They are groups from the 60's and 70's. You'll be able to see topiary trees in the shapes of your favorite Disney characters. Don't miss it. Epcot will be at it's most beautiful. Also, on May 6th the Magic Kingdom will be open until 9, and SpectroMagic (the nighttime parade) will be shown, as well as fireworks. It will also be scheduled for Saturday, May 10, but you'll be heading home:mad: As a previous poster recommended, get your hands on a great guidebook from your library, or purchase one. I recommend Birnbaum's Official guidebook becuase it has great descriptions of the rides without being cynical. Here's another tip: although it's expensive, your entire family might enjoy Cirque du Soleil at Downtown Disney. Your sister and you will love it, and you'll be having so much fun--you won't have time to fight. Don't bother fighting, anyway, just soak up the Disney magic and allow some pixie dust to be sprinkled on you and concentrate on having a great time. Have a safe and happy trip and hey, remember to post about your trip when you get back. :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I had never even hear of a "hidden mickey" thats something that I will look out for!

How often do the monorail 's run, and do you know if they actually come through the Caribbean Beach resort? or do you have to take a bus to get at one of the stops?

and another questions.. haha do you know the busiest days for each park? We have a hopper pass, and we are trying to decided which days to go to which. We will only be at an actual disney park on Sunday for a little bit, we will get there at about 2 pm. Thanks!

There are actually 2 monorails systems & they run continuosly throughout the day, unfortunately neither go to the CBR. The resort monorail makes a loop around the Seven Seas Lagoon stopping at the Magic Kingdom (MK), Contemporary, TTC (Ticket & Transportation Center), the Polynesian and the GF (Grand Floridian). There is also an express monorail on this same line that goes from the TTC to MK & back without stopping at the hotels. At the TTC you can catch a monorail that goes to Epcot.

The CBR uses the bus transportation system. There will be several bus stops located throughout the resort. Just go to the nearest one & wait for the bus going to the park you want. Depending on your timing, your waits should not be very long. When we stayed at the CBR the busses came very frequently.

As to which park is busiest on which day, I really can't say since we haven't been back since the reinstated the early park opening (Extra Magic Hour) for onsite resort guests. Our family always tries to go the the early opening park to take advantage of beating the heat & crowds.

Have fun!

This is also another great site for info:
http://wdwig.com/
Definitely get a hold of a couple of guide books--these will really help you plan your days. There is sooooo much to do at WDW that is almost impossible to see and do everything during one visit. Oh yeah, here's a link to all the little abbreviations you see on these boards:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/abbreviations.htm
Have fun planning and don't be embarrassed to ask any question here-we're all family:D

Have a blast and watch out for your sister.
Try to let Mom and Dad have fun to.

Shawn :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter