Laura & Gary Wedding Trip Report - FINISHED!!

Lovely, Laura. I am already getting tearful and it's nowhere near the ceremony yet! Charlotte looks adorable, I bet she felt like a fairytale princess. Can't wait to read more.

ArielJasmine princess:

Wedding Day Continued:

We had plenty of time so we sat down on the balcony to have a drink and something to eat. We were lucky to have a view of the Gazebo so I could see what was going on. I saw people turn up and cut the grass earlier that morning – they were now out there sweeping up any loose bits on the grass and walkway. Soon after a man turned up to set up the seats and the floral we had to decorate the gazebo. After we sat there for a while we went back inside the room and started to get Charlotte ready. She was so excited and really loved wearing her dress and shoes etc. As a small gift I had gotten her some Mickey earrings to wear.

OK so now it was time to get into the dress – for some reason I wasn’t able to step into it, and I knew I had stepped into it at the final fitting – I just couldn’t get it right so they had to bring it over my head LOL it wasn’t a big deal and I had plenty of spray on my hair so I wasn’t too concerned.

I then called our Wedding Planner and let him know that we were ready whenever they was – he said he’d call to let me know when it was safe to come down to the lobby. I was glad i didn’t have to wait long…..

I guess it was about 2pm When I got the call from Karen to say that the coast was clear and that the boys were firmly hidden away in the crews cup lounge. It was then that I asked if there were any Wedding Guests waiting in the lobby, Karen said that Gary’s Mum and Nan and Grandad were still around from taking photos with Gary. She asked me If I would prefer them to head over to the Gazebo? Now originally I had thought I wouldn’t mind if people saw me before the wedding, but now I had decided I would prefer that no one saw me before the actual ceremony. Karen was really great and said she would ask them to wait by the Gazebo – im sure she was laughing when she hung up the phone though!!

We got all my bits and pieces together – all the bridal necessities – spare pair of stockings, bit of chalk, Lip Gloss etc and popped it all into my mums bag. So I left the room as a singleton knowing that later I would return as a Mrs with my new Hubby! That didn’t make me nervous at all!

Fortunately our room was right near the elevators but the corridor seemed to go on for ages! When I got out of the lift there were loads of people milling around. They were all looking and many of them said congratulations! I think I was a little nervous at that point and don’t think I managed to thank everyone that said congratulations. As I walked round the corner I saw Rev Jack who came over and gave me a big hug. Im really glad I chose Reverend Jack as he was ever so sweet and he had such a wicked sense of humour!

I walked out and saw my Dad standing there waiting for me, he came over and gave me a big hug and said I looked beautiful. I think he was really emotional that day as me and my Dad had always been really close. When I was younger I had a disabled sister who took up a lot my parents time, mostly my mums time therefore I spent a lot of time with my dad when I was younger. When my sister passed away several years ago my parents and I became even closer so I knew they would be finding it really emotional today.

As I was standing there talking to my Dad out from behind the Christmas Tree appeared Gary’s Mum. It turns out that when Karen asked her to leave she had come back in and sat behind the tree. I didn’t really think much about it at the time as I was busy talking to Karen about other things but when I thought about it later I was really annoyed with her for doing this. She had obviously done it on purpose and I thought it was quite devious of her.

Whilst Gary’s mum was trying to take pictures I was picking up my bouquet and the corsage for my mum and the bouquet for Charlotte. The flowers were really gorgeous, exactly what I wanted!

93882Florida_2006_-_Wedding_Trip_099.jpg

93882Florida_2006_-_Wedding_Trip_102.jpg

Randy was all set to start taking our photographs in the lobby. I had originally done a “must take” list of photographs but I had eventually decided against using this as I didn’t want to be stressing about what ones he had or hadn’t taken yet and therefore if I didn’t give him a list I had one less thing to think about – how crazy is that thought process!?

We started of with taking some photographs on the staircase, we took some of me on my own, some with me and my mum and me and my dad then we took some of all 3 of us.
We then walked down by the Yacht Club Galley restaurant as there are some nice full length windows and it was quiet so more piccies were taken there. Then it was time for us to go outside, Randy took us out along the boardwalk area and out towards the marina.
Randy had lots of fun taking what seemed to be an endless amount of photos and we were really pleased with how they all came out. A few more pictures here and then we went back through the lobby to get some shots out front.

We headed back inside the lobby and took a last few pictures before Karen said it was time to go round to the door by the Gazebo. It was a long walk down to where I needed to wait until it was my turn to walk up the aisle. My parents had gone off to another door on the other side of the gazebo and Charlotte came with me. I just loved the way that Karen kept talking into her radio and giving instructions, I was imagining to myself things like “the Bride is in position let’s move it! move it!! move it!!

Now the place I had to wait was hardly a classy brides room or anything, it was an oh so glamorous fire escape! Karen had put a couple of chairs there for me and Charlotte and we were joined by my cousin Andrew who was sort of a junior groomsmen/pageboy. He was walking down the aisle with Charlotte. Actually both Charlotte and Andrew were more nervous at this point than I was! Poor Andrew was terrified that he would fall over and embarrass himself. No matter what I said he was still worrying so in the end I told him if he did fall over I would sent it to you’ve been framed or some sort of funniest home videos and he could keep any money he got from it! That cheered him up slightly!!

Karen came and got Charlotte and Andrew just as the music started for the parents to be seated. We had a flutist for the ceremony and for the parents she played Bella Notte. It was really beautiful! I kept peeking out of the fire escape to see what was happening, I saw my parents walk up and light one of the candles on the side of our unity candle and then Gary’s parents walk up and light the other candle and then Gary’s parents were seated and then my mum sat down and my dad walked back down the aisle. Next out came Reverend Jack, followed by Gary and the 2 groomsmen, the music for this was some day my prince will come. Then the music changed to Part of Your World and Charlotte and Andrew walked up the aisle. Ive got to admit I was a little nervous now that Andrew was going to fall over on purpose now to get some money! But he didn’t and they made it up to the gazebo no problems.
It was really windy that day and my veil kept blowing everywhere! Karen straightened my dress. Then Karen looked at us and said OK you’re on ::GULP:: I don’t know who was more nervous my Dad or I LOL actually I think my Dad was. So I reminded him that we had to walk slowly, famous last words, and “A dream is a wish your heart makes” struck up so we took our walk. When I look at the video now there are quite a few people watching me from the boardwalk area but I honestly did not notice them on the day! I can remember walking past our guests and then before I knew it My Dad had walked me to the Gazebo and to my lovely Husband to be. Rev Jack then started the ceremony – My Dad gave me away, willingly and Gary and I held hands. The ceremony was civil and very much focused on love and friendship. Now when we had our planning session back in May Karen had asked us if our Best Man had a sense of humor, we both said yes we thought he did and she asked if we would like to play a little joke on him so we jumped at the chance!! Shortly before the ceremony Karen had asked Mark if she could borrow the rings so that Reverend Jack could bless them before the ceremony! So Mark handed over the rings. Only Karen didn’t give them back. So at the end of the vows when Reverend Jack said can I have the rings, we all looked expectantly at Mark. He then immediately began to panic turning out his pockets etc. Then the music starts playing and through a side door out pops Major Domo – for those of you who don’t know he is the character out of Cinderella who carried the glass slipper around on the pillow. Well inside the glass slipper are the rings. Major Domo comes up and bows and hands the rings over to Reverend Jack, who then turns round to Mark and says “You can relax now”. Everyone laughed – even Mark!!

It was then time to light our Unity Candle, I say light it was so windy I was really worried that the flame would blow out. Stan (our video man) had assured me before hand if it didn’t light he would lay down some magic on the video!! We were then proclaimed husband and wife had some kisses and then were presented to our friends and family.

We walked back down the aisle to our recessional “A Whole New World” followed by our parents, Major Domo, Charlotte and Reverend Jack. We then all went back and did our staged exit of rose petal throwing.

Paul and I had some shots taken with the Bridal party and family near the Gazebo, before all our guests were taken off to the Yacht Club lobby. Our pre reception and main reception were taking place at the Boardwalk so we had a coach for transportation, it worked out great really as it picked everyone up at their chosen hotel before the wedding as well.

Then it was just Gary, myself and Randy left. He took some truly wonderful photos and it’s just gonna be so hard to choose for the album – the three of us had some giggles. Karens assistant Missy came to check on us a couple of times before heading off to the Boardwalk.

Next Up….The Wedding Reception!!

just caught up with this thread :) your wedding was wonderful and the pictures are so lovely:)

Thankyou sooooooooo much for shareing your story so far, Im sitting here at my laptop but I am really a guest at your magical wedding.
My two girls were bridesmaids last may and they had the exact bridesmaids dresses as you.
They too looked and felt like princess'spixiedust:
Can't wait to read on.:coffee:
Congratulations and Thankyou.
Cornish Pixie:goodvibes

Thankyou sooooooooo much for shareing your story so far, Im sitting here at my laptop but I am really a guest at your magical wedding.
My two girls were bridesmaids last may and they had the exact bridesmaids dresses as you.
They too looked and felt like princess'spixiedust:
Can't wait to read on.:coffee:
Congratulations and Thankyou.
Cornish Pixie:goodvibes

The dresses are gorgeous!! I spent ages looking for a dress for my bridesmaids but most of the ones i found were just plain satin with no glitz to them!! She made me buy 1 size to big so that she could still wear it to her Christmas party :lmao:

Wedding Day Continued......

Randy took some fabulous photos of us, we got some around the marina area and some beach shots. Finally when the photos were over we headed through the lobby to the main entrance of the Yacht Club where the coach had swung by to pick us up and take us over to the boardwalk. As we drove up we could see everyone sitting out on the Marvin Gardens Patio, we could hear that they were all having a good time, the music was playing and the drinks were flowing! We decided to pop in and see the main reception room and have 10 minutes to ourselves before joining everybody. Karen had set up some of the hors d’ouvres for us to try; we knew we had a big meal so we opted to go for the seasonal fruit display and cheese selection which looked great and was yummy!! After standing out in the sun taking pictures we opted for a glass of water to start with.

When we had seen the reception room in our planning session, whilst it was a beautiful room it was still very plain looking, I was eager to see how Disney had done it up. When I walked in I was completely speechless – It was perfect! They had used soft lighting to create a soft glow in the room, I had 6 ficus trees in the room with the fairy lights on which gave the room a magical feel to it. The tables looked stunning as well. We had Ivory Satin table Linens and Chain Covers tied with a Ivory and Gold embroidered bow. The Centrepieces were shiny gold bowls filled with lilies, gerberas, roses and various other cream and pink flowers. There were several votive candles over each table which completed the look. Really looked spectacular! The cake table was in the corner, which had been decorated with votive candles and rose petals scattered over the table and around the base of the cake. The cake looked gorgeous too!!

We also had a little table set up in the corner where our videographer (Stan) had set up a laptop. His wife Bonnie had edited a short clip of our Ceremony to show at the reception for anyone that wants to look at it. (Our sneak peek) I thought this was a really nice idea, it was surreal to be able to watch it so soon!

Karen then brought our DJ over to meet us, we had DJ Charles Miles. Now Disney assign you a DJ 30 days before the wedding and I could not believe how lucky we were with getting him. He was perfect for our family! He was such a Hoot! We chatted for a while about what music we wanted – I had sent him a list before the wedding which contained a few key songs – like the first dance etc but I really had just said go with what you feel.

We then headed out to spend some time with our guests, and I finally got the chance to listen to the flutist who was really excellent. I headed over to the bar to get a drink first – we had paid for an open bar for our guests which they put to good use!!

I mingled a bit with our guests who were already saying how wonderful the ceremony was and how special it was – I remember laughing to myself thinking the best is yet to come!

I located my mum and asked her to come with me to the restrooms – after standing on the beach taking all those photos I had plenty of sand in my shoes and in that dress there was no way I was going to attempt to sort it by myself! I would have ended up falling backwards into the sink knowing my luck! Shoes sorted and Sand removed it was time for all the guests to be taken into the main reception. I could hear everyone “Oooh-ing and Ahh-ing” as they saw the reception room. When they were all seated Major Domo acknowledged all the Bridal party from their seats, we were peeking through the doors waiting to be announced into the room. Then we were announced and Karen and her assistant swung the doors open and we walked in to our sweetheart table. Major Domo made a farewell speech saying he needed to return to the castle! We had decided to have the dinner first and do the speeches and dances afterwards. We sat down and one of the servers came over to ask us if we would like a drink. One of our servers was the same lady who had been there at our planning visit in May. I remember looking at the table and seeing how great it looked. For our placecards we had Chocolate Mickey heads with the guests names written on in white chocolate, they were wrapped in cellophane and tied with a gold bow. These were on top of each gold charger plate. Underneath this was a menu – we had a surprise course that no one apart from my parents knew about which was not on the menu. We also had our favours in little gold organza bags - we had a couple of chocolate truffles, a candy cane (as we were having a Christmas wedding) and some champagne bubbles for a bit of fun. On our sweetheart table I had a picture of my sister who died when I was younger, I had chosen a picture of her dressed up as an angel for a Christmas play, and put it in a gold frame which had the inscription “Our bridesmaid in heaven”. We had gotten her a wand of 3 pink roses and placed that next to her picture. Id really wanted to involve her in my wedding as we were really close.

Our drinks were brought over and straight away our first course was brought over too. Shrimp Cocktail with Cocktail Sauce. This was really fabulous and the sauce was not what I was expecting! It wasn’t a Marie Rose sauce like we get in the UK it was a red sauce with a bit of spice too it! It was really nice! The next course was a Caesar salad with shaved parmesan and garlic croutons. They brought this out in a big bowl and “tossed it tableside” before serving it. This again was lovely. Next up was our “surprise course”. It was an Intermezzo of Champagne infused sorbet. We had it served in Cinderellas ice Slipper – Its basically a individual ice block carved out into the shape of Cinderellas Slipper on a pillow. Underneath this is a little LED light which makes the whole slipper glow. The DJ dimmed the lights slightly and played the Main Street Electrical parade music and the waiters marched it with these slippers – everyone all went silent and were just staring at these slippers LOL. Even when they were put down for about 5 minutes people didn’t touch them because they were taking photos etc. The champagne infused Sorbet was sat on the end of the slipper, it was delicious! Really light and refreshing!

There was a short break between this course and the main course – think we needed it! Gave me a chance to see how everyone was doing. The Servers were going round making sure everyone knew how to take the LED lights from the Sorbet. Shortly afterwards the main course was brought out.

Now to make things easier for ourselves and to avoid any issues on the day we had opted to give everyone the same main course. We had checked with all our family and were fortunate that we had no vegetarians, no allergies and no fussy eaters so that made things much better. We had a duo plate of Beef Medallions with a port wine and pearl onion reduction, Onion Crusted Chicken breast served with Garlic Mashed potatoes and Baby Vegetables. The main course was gorgeous! The Beef was really tender and not fatty at all, the Chicken was really moist! I really enjoyed the whole meal, I couldn’t fault anything at all with the meal. As we finished the Chef came over to say congratulations. It turns out he was the same Chef we met when we did our food tasting at the planning session! He said he remembered us as the couple who wouldn’t criticize his food LOL! I remember at the planning session he had brought out a variety of dishes for us to try and comment on but all we kept saying was Mmmmm! LOL.

After everyone was finished and the plates were cleared away it was time for the speeches! We had 3 people making speeches, my Dad, Gary and the Best Man. I honestly could not say who was more nervous! They were all really uptight about this part of the day. Well my dad was up first and started the speech off with a great couple of jokes! He kept it mostly light hearted and fun but there were several bits where I was nearly blubbing away! Gary only made a short little speech thanking people who had come all this way etc. By the time the Best Man speech came Mark was a little tipsy – well more than a little anyway! His speech was good though and again it was nice and light hearted and fun.

After the speeches it was time to cut the cake!! The cake looked fabulous and I thought there was going to be loads left over as we only had 26 of us and the cake served 50! We were then introduced to the professional cake cutter and server OMG I found this hysterically funny that they had a waiter whose job was specifically to watch over us as we cut the cake then serve it to us and then take the cake out the back to prepare it for the guests to eat!! We managed to fulfill our cake cutting duty and we fed each other and the cake was delicious!

So…after the cake cutting it was time for the first dance! We headed over to the dance floor and our song started to play “So Amazing” by Luther Vandross. No sooner had we started to dance as Gary started to lose it! I could see tears welling up in his eyes, I was determined to hold it together and get through the song so I laughed and actually tried not to look at him throughout the song. The song means so much to us and it was a perfect choice for our first dance as Mr and Mrs!!

Phew first dance over with it was time to head back to the table for some of that delicious cake! It turns out that they had saved the entire top layer for us so they only served up the bottom two layers. The Bottom layer was chocolate sponge with Raspberry mousse and fresh raspberries, and the second layer was Marble Sponge with Chocolate Mousse! Yummy. They had served 2 small portions onto each plate so everyone got to try a bit of each layer. It was almost time for our second surprise of the evening! We had some “surprise guests” coming to the reception and we wanted them to enter the room at a time when no one would be expecting them. So we arranged for them to enter half way through the Father Daughter dance. DJ Miles came over and asked me if we were ready for the father daughter dance and said our guests were ready to come in. So they closed both of the doors and me and my dad headed up to the dance floor. We had chosen Lionel Ritchie – Three times a lady, another song that had lots of sentimental meaning to us. I think I found that dance a lot harder than Mine and Gary’s first dance! A minute or 2 into the dance we saw my cousin heading over to the doors to go and get a drink, it was so funny as he was asked by Karen to wait 5 minutes and he looked so confused. As he sat down we could see the shadows moving outside so we knew our guests were ready to enter! All of a sudden the music changed and the DJ announced we had some surprise visitors who wanted to wish us congratulations! Then in entered….Mickey and Minnie!! When they came in the crowd went wild!! The DJ made me and my dad finish the song – My dad dancing with Minnie and me dancing with Mickey. Then we had some group dances with Mickey and Minnie – the kids totally loved them! Im sure my youngest cousin Robbie(3) is now going to expect them at every wedding! We danced with them the whole time they were with us LOL! I was knackered but felt duty bound to dance with the mouse! We got some group photos with Mickey and Minnie then we got some photos of just us and Mickey and Minnie before they left us.

The DJ then got everyone up on the floor doing some great group dances! He had everyone doing the Cha Cha Slide (even my 74 year old granddad!!) We had a conga line dancing around most of the Boardwalk convention centre and shook our booties to Beyonce! It was just fabulous! I definitely needed a drink by this point so I walked over to the bar, our Bartender was so good that he saw me coming and started to pour my drink before I had even got there! By the time I reached the bar my drink was ready waiting! He was such a nice guy!!

I went back in and the DJ asked me what I was intending on doing with the gorgeous centre pieces. I hadn’t even thought about this so he said he would make each table play a game to win them! It was basically pass the Parcel but instead we were using a napkin! When he stopped the music who ever had the napkin won the centrepiece! It was cheesy but everyone loved it!!

Still time was moving on now and it was almost time to wind down – we were called to the floor for our last dance. DJ Miles made sure everybody was up and dancing for the last dance! It was a wonderful ending to such a wonderful reception. Now everyone knew something was happening at the end of the reception and they knew that they needed to get back on the coach to get there but they didn’t really know what was going on….and I didn’t tell them!! Well not yet anyway!

Karen had kindly already packed all our stuff away and loaded it onto the coach for us, including any left over cake! So we said our goodbyes and Thank you’s to everybody and headed towards the coach. Once everybody was on the coach I decided to tell them all where we were going. I told them we were going to Epcot for a Dessert party and to watch Illuminations from a special viewing area! Now apart from my family (who are hardened Disney travellers like us) no one had been to WDW before this holiday and had no idea what illuminations was!

The coach drove in through a backstage area of Epcot, around the world showcase and the driver was really good and told everyone little bits of information as we were driving past each bit! The coach stopped in Backstage UK. Everyone got out of the coach and there was a host there waiting for us. She opened the door and we walked through Epcot to the Lower UK Viewing area behind the rose and crown. It was really strange walking through Epcot in my wedding dress with everybody staring. I even had one person stop and ask if they could take a photo LOL!! We had lots of people congratulating us, it was such a wonderful feeling. Our host took us over to the UK where we met with Randy again. (Stan had come over on the coach with us!)

The Lower UK Terrace had been set up with several tables with white table linens and glass cylinders filled with a clear gel and mickey head confetti and had an LED light in the bottom. On top of each cylinder was a White rose head which had been dipped in glitter.

The desserts were gorgeous, we had decided on “miniatures around the world” they were Delicious!! LOL we were worried that there wasn’t enough to feed the troops but I believe that there was still some left at the end! We managed to mingle with the guests and check how they were all doing, making sure people were eating plenty of desserts and having drinks from the bar! At the dessert party we also had Hot Choc and Tea, coffee etc. Then Randy and Stan came over to us to give us our Illuminations Pep Talk – i.e. “you guys have seen these fireworks many times before right ? So we need you to work it for the cameras” which we had no problem doing and again we got some great shots. The music started and the lights went out and everyone settled down to watch the fireworks! I’ve never heard our group so quiet!! We have seen Illuminations from many places but we all agreed that the UK Lower had been a most awesome view we’d seen the Illuminations from, and it was the special holiday version too which made it so much better. It was just perfect. Once Illuminations was over there was just about time to have 1 last drink and a few last bits of dessert whilst the park emptied a bit! Then we headed back to the coach. Everyone was chatting about how great the day had been, I was really pleased that everyone had had such a good time! The coach dropped us off back at the Yacht Club first and then headed off to drop of each guest at their chosen hotels, it was also going to drop off Gary’s family back at their villa in Kissimmee.

By now my feet were saying they’d had enough and wanted to go to bed – I felt I could drop any second. We got to the lobby, said our goodbyes and went to our room.

When we got back to the room the bed had been scattered with rose petals and there were 2 glasses of Chilled champagne on the side (from my parents). On the bed we had a card – when I opened it, it was from our housekeeper Winda. She had seen our wedding when cleaning the rooms and had made a huge swan out of the towels which was sat on the bed with the card. We sat down and munched on a little of the left over wedding cake and drunk our champagne before falling into bed.

I will post some Pictures later - im having problems uploading them at the moment!

I almost feel as though I was there!! Thank you for sharing with so much detail. I'm looking forward to the photos.
I think we saw you arrive back at the Yacht Club as we were in the bar on that evening(5th) and saw a wedding party come in at the other end of the lobby. Somebody we were with wondered if it was you.

Oh Laura, what a magical day. I am sat here with tears streaming down my face, I am such an old softie! Thank you for sharing your wonderful day with us.

ArielJasmine princess:

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much for sharing your wonderful day :hug:

can't wait to see the photos :wizard:

Oh my....a great big sigh! What a wonderful and creative wedding! However did you think of all those special touches? Your sister's roses made me cry. Golly, my daughter is only 8, but I'm going to save this thread just in case she wants a Disney wedding. Please post the pictures soon. I can't get the video to work and I'm dying to see everything. My best wishes for health and happiness to your new little family.
Lucy's Mom

Laura

What a report:) I am a Disney bride too, we got married at the wedding pavillion on the 6th December 2000! I have really enjoyed reading your report as it has brought back so many happy memories for me thanks for sharing your video and pics it brought tears to my eyes:) Your dress was really beautiful! Disney florists do a fantastic job, your flowers were lovely! Congratulations to you both!

What a beautiful wedding, can't wait to see more photo's. All the little extra's you did really made the day even more special. Whilst reading I felt as though I was there with you! To finish your day watching the illuminations was such a wonderful idea. And you were right you definately had to have Mickey and Minnie there. :thumbsup2

What a fantastic day! The details made me feel I was a guest! Wishing you both a fantastic life together.:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter