Laura and Scott December 6, 2013 Escape Wedding - SBP/The Attic/UK DP

Since I pointed out his paw in a previous post, this is our cat Oliver. Yes, this is really how he sleeps. We have two other cats. I will get pictures of them posted soon.

We will be having a tea the day before the wedding with my female friends and family, the invites are going out tomorrow! I can't wait, I love the Garden View Tea Room.

Invites are from Zazzle

Front:

Back:

I like your welcome bags a lot. They would look cute with red ribbon to match mickey's colors. I saw online that someone named their welcome or day of bag the "oops, ouch, eek bag", I guess because it has shout wipes, band-aids, advil, tissues and other stuff like that. I think that's a cute idea. Also I was thinking for disney you could give the bag a disney theme name like "Sorcerer Mickey's bag of magic" or "Tinkerbell's pixie dust" or just a tag on the bag saying "Disney magic inside". These are just random ideas, not sure if they are appealing to you at all.:cool1:

I like your welcome bags a lot. They would look cute with red ribbon to match mickey's colors. I saw online that someone named their welcome or day of bag the "oops, ouch, eek bag", I guess because it has shout wipes, band-aids, advil, tissues and other stuff like that. I think that's a cute idea. Also I was thinking for disney you could give the bag a disney theme name like "Sorcerer Mickey's bag of magic" or "Tinkerbell's pixie dust" or just a tag on the bag saying "Disney magic inside". These are just random ideas, not sure if they are appealing to you at all.:cool1:

Thanks! I love "Disney Magic Inside". I think I may do that for the tag for the actual welcome bag which will contain the little bag from my previous post, two boxes with snacks and drinks plus the folder for the information pack. I will post more pictures later!

Have been lurking a bit here on the weddings board and I'm chiming in to follow along...can't wait to hear more as I am thinking a SBP/UK combo (when I get engaged that is! ;) )
can't wait to hear more...congrats!! :thumbsup2

Have been lurking a bit here on the weddings board and I'm chiming in to follow along...can't wait to hear more as I am thinking a SBP/UK combo (when I get engaged that is! ;) )
can't wait to hear more...congrats!! :thumbsup2

Welcome! I will be posting an update soon.

So, planning is going ok. We got our planning kit and have looked through all the provided documentation and asked my first round of questions which has led to frustration......a lot of information I have doesn't seem to match what is in the Passporter book or what other brides have recently posted here. I feel so weird asking or challenging my wedding consultant and coordinator saying "well, I saw in someone's blog" that they could do this or they could do that. And maybe I have just misunderstood what I have read elsewhere. None of these items are showstoppers but put together, they are causing me unnecessary stress!

Toss petals - according to my coordinator. Freeze dried is not allowed, must be fresh; we will probably just skip this.
Disney placement of programs at ceremony and favors at reception- they will only set them out if we buy through Disney. Since I already bought favors, I am not sure what I will do, I wanted the favors to double as place cards....still really confused about this as I know recent trip reports I have read discussed brides/grooms dropping off favors, etc at Francks for them to be set out on their wedding day.
Wedding cake- no customizations allowed
Champagne toast and cake cutting - since we are having a catered meal directly after our ceremony, I wanted to do both of these in the Attic, but apparently, that is not allowed, we have to do the cutting at SBP

Let's see, what else....
I think we have an officiant, we are supposedly on someone's calendar and they sent us information but it never came. Many other brides have used this person so I am assuming this is just an anomaly.
Our guests... We seem to have our small guest list finalized which was actually quite difficult....DF insisted on inviting the lady friend of his best friend. This isn't a wife or a girlfriend, or a significant other...it is basically a friends with benefits situation...and we've never met her. I think DF was expecting his friend wouldn't want to bring his lady friend especially because we had explained to this guy that it was a really small wedding and we were only inviting people we were really close with....but surprise, she is coming AND since she has no vacation time, they are going to miss the welcome dinner and the event my DF wanted to have the day of the welcome dinner while I held my bridal tea. As a result, we had to cut someone else off the list, someone we have both known for over a decade...whatever.

Another friend decided to book a flight that will save her $20 and as a result will miss the bridal tea (which she knew of when booking). This really hurts my feelings. We didn't have an engagement party, I am not having a bridal shower nor a bachelorette party, this is my only "thing" and she is only one of four friends invited.

Another friend is going overboard imaging problems that don't exist. She calls me to report they have decided they need a rental car. Why, I ask.
Her: Well the book you gave me says that busses don't go from the Boardwalk (where we are staying) to other resorts.
Me: right, that is true of all resorts.
Her: well, Why didn't the book say that.
Me: because the book was explicitly discussing the Boardwalk entertainment area and how it is very popular and just pointing out that you can't get there directly from another resort.
Her: well. What if we don't want to wait for a bus
Me: we really don't recommend trying to drive and in all the times we have stayed at Disney, taking a bus has never been a problem
Her: (nasty) well, You were never trying to get to a wedding
Me: our wedding is at the Boardwalk, on our wedding day, you will need to walk outside your hotel
Her: well, how much is it to take a taxi
It goes on and on

I guess my last sense of frustration is with a couple family members who are ignoring me....I have now sent in three versions of my room block and was hoping it would be e last but they won't tell me when they are arriving and which hotel they want to stay at...so, our Facebook page is supposed to be opened this week so our guests can book their rooms. I will be giving the link to everyone else first that have them book the rooms they told us they wanted. Then they can have the link and book whatever is left. This is really upsetting to me because they have been really supportive up until now so I don't understand why they are ignoring me now.

Ok, that's it for now, next update will be happier :)

Just a suggestion, but I have seen fresh rose petals sold at publix. I'm assuming they were from roses that were maybe too open or something. I know publix is super accommodating and I was thinking about doing this myself; calling the publix closest to disney and seeing if they can prepare rose petals for me to buy and pick up the morning of the wedding. Hope this helps.

This is the address for the publix closest to disney:
Regency Village Shopping Center, 8145 Vineland Ave, Orlando, FL 32821

Just a suggestion, but I have seen fresh rose petals sold at publix. I'm assuming they were from roses that were maybe too open or something. I know publix is super accommodating and I was thinking about doing this myself; calling the publix closest to disney and seeing if they can prepare rose petals for me to buy and pick up the morning of the wedding. Hope this helps.

This is the address for the publix closest to disney:
Regency Village Shopping Center, 8145 Vineland Ave, Orlando, FL 32821

Thanks for the information......I think I am probably just going to skip this.....I like the idea of toss petals and had already purchased the organza bags and had figured I could do it with freeze dried petals for about half what Disney charges...if I had to chose between the two, I would rather spend the money on aisle petals because at least people could look at that the ten minutes or so they are sitting for the ceremony vs. the 2 seconds the toss petals would be in the air.

Also...my goal is to get to Disney and have nothing to do or arrange other than dropping off the welcome bags, favors, and programs and since my wedding is at 10 am and folks won't have cars, I can't really ask anyone to go get the petals, bag them up, etc....oh well! Of all the things on my 'master' plan, that one is easiest to give up!!!

:cheer2: So, we finally have our dessert party menu finalized (I think, lol!)

Fresh Fruit Salad
Mini Boston Cream Pies
Key Lime Tarts
Mini Tiramisu
Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares
Peanut Blossoms
Boardwalk inspired Mini Christmas Peppermint Cupcakes**

$30++

We will also have Ice Cream Novelties BOC - DF wanted the ice cream sundae bar but I really don't think THAT many people will want ice cream - this way, we only pay for what we eat!

**If you will be at Disney at Christmas time, head over to the Boardwalk Bakery to see if they have their Peppermint cupcakes. We were there two years ago for Christmas and I had one - seriously, one of the best things I have ever had AND, I really don't like cupcakes or peppermint (I know, strange that I picked that.......we had snack credits to use up and were leaving Disney and I wanted one last piece of Disney Christmas magic).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter