• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Later arrival and room choice/requests??

Poprivet

Mouseketeer
By late, I mean getting to resort between 2:30 - 3:00pm, which is later than usual for us..
We have 2 families, each with a triple split.
1st is 2 night room only. Standard room
2nd is 5 night W/free dining. Standard room
3rd is 2 night room only. PREFERRED POOL ROOM
At Pop.

how will they handle the preferred room change?

1, we change rooms after the 2nd stay? ( have to pack )
2, Stay in the Standard room and refund me the value of the preferred? (not likely ?)
3, Just move all stays to a preferred pool view?

These were the only options we had when booking. would have just done all standard if I could have.
If arriving at our "usual" 9:00 - 10:00am I thought they would have more available room options to accommodate us?
DW and I in one room. DDs family of 4 in another room. considering adjacent, connected or just close rooms?

HA,HA. no real question I guess, just wondering how these rooms will all work out?

Steve

Most likely you'll have three different rooms for your three different bookings. The two that are both in Standard you can ask if you can stay in the same room, but it's not a guarantee. I would call and ask about staying in one room for the standard view stays. They won't be able to keep you in the same room when you have a preferred pool view booked, you could try looking for a standard to change it to. Also mention that you want the rooms close, but also that is just a request and not a guarantee, it's possible you could end up far from each other. When checking in mention your requests to see if they were met and if not if there is some way the rooms could be changed.

By late, I mean getting to resort between 2:30 - 3:00pm, which is later than usual for us..
At Pop.

2, Stay in the Standard room and refund me the value of the preferred? (not likely ?)
3, Just move all stays to a preferred pool view

Definitely #1.

At Pop.

3, Just move all stays to a preferred pool view?

These were the only options we had when booking. would have just done all standard if I could have.
If arriving at our "usual" 9:00 - 10:00am I thought they would have more available room options to accommodate us?
DW and I in one room. DDs family of 4 in another room. considering adjacent, connected or just close rooms?

HA,HA. no real question I guess, just wondering how these rooms will all work out?

Steve

If you call ahead, they may be able to squish all your reservations together in the system in such a way that you won't have to change rooms at all. If that were to work for a standard room, they'd refund you the days you already paid for Preferred. I've had to do that on a reservation last fall where I ended up with 5 separate one night reservations (their stupid new system) which were 1 preferred and 4 standard. If they had to rearrange to all preferred, you'd have to pay the difference, I would think.

ANd as for adjacent, connected, or close, you just never know. Everything is a request, not a bookable category in terms of that.

And I don't think that what time of day you arrive matters very much. Rooms are assigned a few days ahead of time. The only way that arriving early in the day would give you an advantage would be if you wanted to switch what room was pre assigned, that MIGHT give you an advantage, but it might not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter