• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Late Sept/Early Oct.

twinz

I agree with getting my WDW fix
We will be in WDW from September 24-October 8th of this year. We have been early September 2000, and it was very hot and humid. Does the humidity go down a bit at this time? Do you suggest we pack a few pairs of pants (we are from Toronto Canada, so any warmth is good warmth! Weather above the 70s is still hot to us!). Thanks for any info.
Leslie and Laura
PS we already have our ponchos packed.

We'll be there at the same time so I'd like to know, too. Also, will the love bugs still be out at this time and what can you use to keep them away - if anything? Thanks!

I've been 2x during late Sept into October. The first trip, the weather was hot and humid, only 1 day of rainshowers. 2001 trip was great, low 80s and very low humidity (for Florida); it was cool for swimming at night when you got out of the pool. I think last years weather was rare, mostly it is still warm and humid. I never needed a pair of pants, just shorts, even for the evening. I saw no love bugs. It is a great time to go--we'll be there again this year from 9/27 through 10/6.

Thank goodness about the love bugs! We were there the second week of Sept. in 2000 and they were so annoying. We were told then that they are usually around at the beginning of Sept. We also plan to be there the end of Sept. (fingers crossed).

We will be there Sept.30 - Oct 11. See you there. This is our first Disney Family Trip and we are camping so I hope the weather is enjoyable. We are travelling from London Ontario.

We have gone the first week of Oct. instead of Sept. the last 2 years because of the heat and humidity. The humidity usually breaks by then. It will still be hot, but not unbearable.

We will also be there Sept. 25 to Oct. 3. Glad to hear that it can still be warm enough for shorts at night.

We will be there the last week of September (that is when we usually go) and it is always warm and humid even in the evening. But, there is always the exception! 2 years ago we were there the first week of October and while we sat waiting for Illuminations we were freezing! We were drinking hot chocolate and went into the gift shop at Mexico and bought something to cover up with. I know this was not the norm, but it never hurts to be prepared. And it did get much warmer with in a couple of days.

We went last year the first week in October and the weather was great. It was only really hot one day. It was never cold. We are going on the 4night disney cruise and then going to disney world for 3 nights staying at the Polynesian. We check in at the Polynesian on Oct 3. My kids loved the Polynesian last year. I would never go in the summer again. We always go in the fall now. The only thing I remember from last year that was not great was that Saturday at the Magic Kingdom was packed, you could barely move. I have never seen it like that before. The other parks were not crowded at all. See you there. Alana:Pinkbounc :jester: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter