Late June 2021 Vacation

pgw3572

Earning My Ears
Hello,
I am planning a Hawaii vacation for 2021 - we were scheduled to be there this year - but, ya know what happened. We have decided to incorporate Aulani into our trip and I was hoping to rent some points for late June for four or five nights. I have read some of the issues with David's Vacation club in the recent months and was wondering if there was an individual looking to rent out their points. I believe this might be too early to see availability and of course, things are still closed. But, I would be happy to start a dialogue to understand the process and see if we can come to a contract that works.
Also - is it better to be at Aulani Monday - Friday or to incorporate a weekend in to the stay? Thank you!

If you intend to tour the island any, i.e. be away from the resort during the day, I’d plan those days on the weekend. Plus cross-island travel is easier on the weekends (no rush hour clogs). Not knowing what your other plans are (you said “incorporate Aulani”), IDK which is better overall, but I’d check rates for weekday versus weekend at Aulani and wherever else you are staying as well.

If you intend to tour the island any, i.e. be away from the resort during the day, I’d plan those days on the weekend. Plus cross-island travel is easier on the weekends (no rush hour clogs). Not knowing what your other plans are (you said “incorporate Aulani”), IDK which is better overall, but I’d check rates for weekday versus weekend at Aulani and wherever else you are staying as well.
Thanks for the feedback! Our previous hotel on Waikiki Beach gave us a full refund, and since we have another year to plan, we really want to stay at Aulani. We have non refundable travel credits at resorts on Maui and The Big Island and are planning to be out there for a total of 18 days. Hoping travel will be more normal by next summer!

and was wondering if there was an individual looking to rent out their points. I believe this might be too early to see availability and of course, things are still closed. But, I would be happy to start a dialogue to understand the process and see if we can come to a contract that works.

At this point, be very wary of anyone contacting you with points to rent. Definitely wouldn’t want you to get scammed. You can start keeping an eye on the DVC Rent/Trade threads. If you see an Aulani owner offer points over on that board for that timeframe, you will be able to schedule in July (next month) for a June 2021 trip.

Thanks for the feedback! Our previous hotel on Waikiki Beach gave us a full refund, and since we have another year to plan, we really want to stay at Aulani. We have non refundable travel credits at resorts on Maui and The Big Island and are planning to be out there for a total of 18 days. Hoping travel will be more normal by next summer!
Oh yes, I think you will be MUCH happier with Aulani!! Unless you are just really into that shopping/hustle/urban vibe. If so, plan a day in Waikiki.

Tell us your Maui and BI plans too!! Lots of folks here have done all the islands. I know one poster is planning a BI trip and I’m planning Maui. 18 days sounds awesome!!!

I'm hoping travel will be much easier next summer also! Since it takes so long to get there, the longer the trip the better! We rented points from David's for Aulani with no problem for last June. We have rented from them before with no problems also. We had a contract with them for WDW in March. We were able to get our money back, but they said they were at the mercy of the original DVC members. We are going directly through Disney for our November trip because I am nervous with all of this uncertainty. We saved so much money on our 1 bedroom at Aulani, though! Hawaii was amazing, and I am looking forward to planning another trip when everything seems more stable. We stayed at Aulani during the week because the weekends are usually busier. We never felt crowded. They did say, however, they only had teen activities on the weekends when they were busier.

Thanks for all the responses! We have no plans on either of the islands yet. This was our honeymoon and I was planning the wedding at the same time and once March hit, the wedding was canceled and then Hawaii so I pretty much stopped planning. I have been reading various threads to get a better idea of what to plan as we move forward. We are big Disney fans, living in Florida, we get to go about 4-5 times a year to WDW. I had heard about the busy atmosphere after I had booked at Waikiki - and that is not our pace. But, since this happened, I get to do a bit of a reset and finally add in Aulani! Bright side to everything? LOL :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter