Last one to post........... Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyn5 said:
We have a septic... and I haven't had any problems...around here there are a lot of them outside of the main towns.
we can't have a septic-unless we want to pay 30-40,000!!

Our lot is all backfilled and no natural soul to be found,so it has to be a self contained unit-big big bucks-so it's a holding tank for us :guilty:

ckckc2000 said:
exactly-there's all sorts of rules/laws for when you move-I think the last time we moved we did a capital gains thinging and din't have to pay any taxes-so I know we'll be going to a accountant at least for next year ::yes::
yep! I think when you have changes, a good accountant will save you more than what you pay him. I know our accountant is really awesome, he was my Dad's friend since forever...and he knows what is alright for us to claim on our childcare and education (DH) expenses...I wouldn't even know where to start. :confused3

yah-the hardest part for us will be finding a good accountant-being the new guys on the block,I'll have to ask some co-workers :rolleyes:

I just hope our house sells by Aug 1st!!! we have a bunch of houses in our neighborhood up for sale right now(4)-and we have the best and biggest lot of them all-it should be interesting to see how we do-

but either way we're moving come Aug 1st-I have to get the kids settled in where-ever we live by the 14th when school starts :thumbsup2

ckckc2000 said:
we can't have a septic-unless we want to pay 30-40,000!!

Our lot is all backfilled and no natural soul to be found,so it has to be a self contained unit-big big bucks-so it's a holding tank for us :guilty:
YIKES!!!! around here they cost around a third or so of that to construct...and around here most everything is more expensive (or it seems that way :rolleyes: )...

I know-it's usually not too expensive here either-around 10,000 for a big mound system-but since we have all fill in our lot it's a big cost,so we're stuck with a holding tank :guilty:

wish you lived closer I could have you take a look at the situation :rolleyes:

The thing I don't understand is there's already a septic tank in our lot-a failed one,but they say we can't replace it-why?????? who knows but the holding tank is hooked up thru it now and everyone I've talked to says it can't be replaced-must be some kind of local law

well, soon it will all be in the past :goodvibes along with your stinky BIL in the basement and the super cold winters :thumbsup2

Lyn5 said:
well, soon it will all be in the past :goodvibes along with your stinky BIL in the basement and the super cold winters :thumbsup2
It will all be a Bad memory-can't wait!!!!!!

ckckc2000 said:
The thing I don't understand is there's already a septic tank in our lot-a failed one,but they say we can't replace it-why?????? who knows but the holding tank is hooked up thru it now and everyone I've talked to says it can't be replaced-must be some kind of local law
I am not sure about your situation and laws....but when you look at the national plumbing code (so not the my state rules) there are some requirements where a property must have enough room in the yard or property to have two full size absorption bed or trenches...in case one fails you have room to build a second..so this must happen quite often in some areas.

I think many times it depends on the soil on the property and what was put into the system....so if the septic system failed, it may not have been the tank itself, which could probable be dug up and replaced...but the absorption areas where the fluid goes is what has failed...so now the soil can't take in anymore liquid and properly drain effluent and clean it. It could be that the organisms that usually digest the fluid don't function anymore or maybe the previous owner dumped cooking oil down the drain too many times :confused3 Replacing your system may involve installing a larger tank and hauling out the old soil and bringing in new soil or installing a special kind of tank. Around here there are many wells that people install, so if you are within 1000 ft of a public well you need an expensive system installed (or more expense than the standard one). Soil with poor drainage qualities also will increase the size of the absortion area and therefore the expense.

sorry, reread your qoute...the septic tank is still seperating the waste (solids and the liquid part) that comes in from your house and then the liquid goes into the holding tank. In your case it sounds like the holding tank is replacing what an absorption field or absorption trenches would normally do....so it isn't the septic tank that failed...it was the soil itself. And so if you took a ton of laundary in a weekend, the water can't drain fast enough and then you would need to have the tank pumped or it would get stinky...is what I am thinking based upon what you said.

Lyn5 said:
I am not sure about your situation and laws....but when you look at the national plumbing code (so not the my state rules) there are some requirements where a property must have enough room in the yard or property to have two full size absorption bed or trenches...in case one fails you have room to build a second..so this must happen quite often in some areas.

I think many times it depends on the soil on the property and what was put into the system....so if the septic system failed, it may not have been the tank itself, which could probable be dug up and replaced...but the absorption areas where the fluid goes is what has failed...so now the soil can't take in anymore liquid and properly drain effluent and clean it. It could be that the organisms that usually digest the fluid don't function anymore or maybe the previous owner dumped cooking oil down the drain too many times :confused3 Replacing your system may involve installing a larger tank and hauling out the old soil and bringing in new soil or installing a special kind of tank. Around here there are many wells that people install, so if you are within 1000 ft of a public well you need an expensive system installed (or more expense than the standard one). Soil with poor drainage qualities also will increase the size of the absortion area and therefore the expense.
sounds about right-our well is in the front yard most likely less than a 1000 feet. And our neighbors system has failed but they keep using it and the ground get saturated-disgusting and if the wind blows the wrong way it's very smelly

and the DNR has been around looking to see who's contaminating the ground water of the ponds below our house and hasn't found it yet-hello just look up the hill there's a path all the way up it where there stupid waste is draining out into the woods

I should report them when we move-it's really a bad situation-raw sewage in the back yard

Lyn5 said:
sorry, reread your qoute...the septic tank is still seperating the waste (solids and the liquid part) that comes in from your house and then the liquid goes into the holding tank. In your case it sounds like the holding tank is replacing what an absorption field or absorption trenches would normally do....so it isn't the septic tank that failed...it was the soil itself. And so if you took a ton of laundary in a weekend, the water can't drain fast enough and then you would need to have the tank pumped or it would get stinky...is what I am thinking based upon what you said.
:thumbsup2 that's it-we found that out when we had a blockage no one could roto-rooter out(snake)
the septic is still intact,although the drainage-like the neighbors has failed

and can you believe when they connected the holding tank to the septic they put a 90 degree bend in the drainage pipe-we had the blockage discovered there and they placed an access pipe for when it happens again

he told us he wanted us to find the access pipe for the septic-which is buried under our patio blocks-so they could look in there and then pump that out too-we'll try and do that this spring-I think I know where the cover is,so hopefully it will be ok once we uncover the lid :thumbsup2

and you know-the neighbors yard only floods when she does a ton of wash :scratchin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter