Last minute AP Rate Booking

CarolA

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Just an FYI.

I called today and booked an AP rate at the YC for this coming Sunday and Monday nights. (Standard view)

I have to be in Orlando on business and might as well stay at Disney plus the company will pay most of the fee. (YC was a little more then where they suggested so I will pay the difference) :banana:

I did this last weekend with Poly GVC. I was in CBR, called to see if I could get an AP rate for the remaining 2 nights of my weekend, and it was available at the AP rate!.

with the new Best Rate Program I doubt very seriously if you'll be able to do that again. The discounts will go to those people who insist that the Best Rate Program is a good idea. By the time the rest of us, who can't book that far in advance for whatever reason call to book at a discount...THERE WON'T BE ANY!!!

Ya'll think about this before you use this ridiculous new system. I for one am hoping it will FLOP.

PamNC

I don't think the new system will make ANY difference to me. I have NEVER booked very far ahead and most times I can get the discount. (This is actually kind of a normal booking window for me) So most of you who have booked the day the new rates came out would have been ahead of me in the past. All of that group booked way back for June and I got my rate today. So what would the difference be if you had booked 120 days in advance? I did ask the CM and she said that what she understood was that as long as rooms were availble at the discount you could book them.

CarolA said:
I don't think the new system will make ANY difference to me. I have NEVER booked very far ahead and most times I can get the discount. (This is actually kind of a normal booking window for me) So most of you who have booked the day the new rates came out would have been ahead of me in the past. All of that group booked way back for June and I got my rate today. So what would the difference be if you had booked 120 days in advance? I did ask the CM and she said that what she understood was that as long as rooms were availble at the discount you could book them.

The only difference it will make is if their are no rooms left to discount. I asked if the new plan will be the only AP discount in the future. The reply was, we will wait and see how successful it is. If rooms are being filled with guest paying rack rate and the new AP rate than there might not be any rooms to discount.

I would think that your chances would be greater as you found out if you call after the 5 day cancellation period.

I normally book anywhere from one month to one day in advance. It is VERY rare I don't get an AP discount someplace. However, I am willing to stay offsite or not go. I have my DVC membership which covers most of my vacations. AP discounts just aren' make or break for me.

and am almost certain that we folks who can't use the system because we can't book that far ahead will NEVER see another discount. I hate to say that, but I truly believe it is so. The discounts will be taken up by those lucky enough to be able to plan far in advance. Which is why I'm hopping mad about the whole thing. If you guys are concerned, I would strongly suggest writing guest services to voice your opinion. Maybe if enough of us protest, they will hear us.

But in the end, I'll still go to Disney and give them all my money. :rolleyes1

PamNC

Pam,
I don't see it that way... Those folks were proabably already getting a discount by calling as soon as the AP rates were released. The big difference is they won't be tying up the phone lines on a daily basis. As a matter of fact there might even be more rooms. One you know have to HAVE the AP to do this discount program. In the past lots of folks were booking "just in case" AP rooms and hoping for a PIN or something to bring thier rate down so they didn't have to buy the AP. (Or booking with jr's AP using up my room LOL!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter