Larry Nassar Attacked in Prison

When someone has committed a heinous crime like he did, it is difficult to feel a lot of sympathy for him when he is attacked by another inmate. I would prefer not to hear about him at all, but that’s just me.

At the same time, I do wish that there was less violence in our prison system because there have been a few people proven innocent after being incarcerated. So for them, and for the people who work there, I would like to see fewer violent attacks. I have no clue how we get there though.

According to the prison it happened due to be short on staff and employees forced to do overtime. That is a different or an additional problem than the violence. And weapons (or the ability to create weapons) in prison.

This happened in the county right next door to my county. I know in my county, they have been advertising for corrections officers at our county jail for years now. I assume since the county next door has a similar population and demographic that both the county and federal lockups are in need of staff as well. It’s certainly a job I would not apply for.

According to the prison it happened due to be short on staff and employees forced to do overtime. That is a different or an additional problem than the violence. And weapons (or the ability to create weapons) in prison.
....said the warden as they turned a blind eye. 😂

The victim statements in this trail left no doubt in my mind (there wasn't a doubt before, but the victims were very brave and incredibly clear about the impact of this monster) that true evil walks among us, and is often tolerated by many in the name of...winning - or whatever the excuses were.

No tears for Nassar. He has scarred countless women with his evil. Whatever the prison code may be, at least in this case I feel no sympathy. For those that enabled him or hid his crimes, I believe their turn is coming someday.

Although I would never condone violence, I do know that prisoners have their own justice system with certain offenders. (especially pedophiles) Cannot say I am upset about that, hence my side shoulder shrug about this incident. Oh well.

Although I would never condone violence, I do know that prisoners have their own justice system with certain offenders. (especially pedophiles) Cannot say I am upset about that, hence my side shoulder shrug about this incident. Oh well.
He is a piece of garbage, no doubt. But I don't find joy in someone being harmed. But with that said, there is definitely a code of honor and justice in prison when it comes to low life child molesters.
I often see that said but is there anything that actually shows this to be true?

He is a piece of garbage, no doubt. But I don't find joy in someone being harmed. But with that said, there is definitely a code of honor and justice in prison when it comes to low life child molesters.

This is how I feel. I don't take pleasure or satisfaction in any act of violence like that. I don't really have any sympathy for the guy either, but his assault doesn't accomplish anything positive. It really shouldn't be the case that this happens so frequently in our prisons.

Two things can be true at once - you can feel no sympathy for the person assaulted, and still be concerned over the level of violence in jails/prisons.

I get most people don't care. As a society we have a very high tolerance for violence against men - even sexual violence, which is often treated as a joke when it affects prisoners ("don't drop the soap! Yep, rape is hilarious).

When Bernie Madoff (in his 70's, financial crimes) was beaten up and hospitalized the reaction of most people was open pleasure. Some were disappointed he wasn't killed.

Two things can be true at once - you can feel no sympathy for the person assaulted, and still be concerned over the level of violence in jails/prisons.

I get most people don't care. As a society we have a very high tolerance for violence against men - even sexual violence, which is often treated as a joke when it affects prisoners ("don't drop the soap! Yep, rape is hilarious).

When Bernie Madoff (in his 70's, financial crimes) was beaten up and hospitalized the reaction of most people was open pleasure. Some were disappointed he wasn't killed.

I just don't put Madoff and Scumbag in the same category. Maybe I am biased never having been a victim of somebody like Madoff, but having been a childhood SA victim .... I see one as just a horrible human that needs to rot in jail and one as PURE EVIL that needs to never been seen, heard or spoken of again.

Moments like this are very cathartic for many victims. It's sick to some and yes it's sad but some of us take our healing where and when we can so I hope nobody takes my posts wrong - lol . :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter