Land & Sea Package (First time without Kids)

Chkysbak

Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tra
Welcome disboards members, we have been to Disney almost every year since 2008. We have always traveled with our kids and recently with our first grandchild. During our last visit my wife said to me that she couldn’t wait until we could go by ourselves. Let me be clear, we love going with the family, but Disney has always been our happy place, and since our last Disney cruise in 2004, we have wanted to take our dream trip. It’s now time. I typically book everything ourselves, but this time I chose to book with a TA. Of course, with my great experience here, as well as YouTube videos, I chose DU.
This trip we wanted to be our “Empty Nest” dream trip. So we decided to go all out. Of course the biggest thing was trying to get a cruise. I got a reservation and paid our deposit for the cruise. Now we are waiting for Disney to release the 2023 bookings and DU should book our stay at the Contemporary. This is what we are thinking so far, and will ask DU to assist us with, as I don’t have time to be on the phone 3 hours these days:

3 Night Stay Contemporary
-Magic Kingdom View
-2 Day PH Tickets
-Royal Table Dinner
-Chef Mickeys Breakfast
7 Day Cruise - Veranda stateroom (Disney Fantasy) March 18th Sailing
-Couples Villa
-Not doing Paulo or Remy (we aren’t picky eaters and will be ordering room service some nights)
-Will request a table by ourselves (2 Adults)
-We don’t typically do excursions, as we just like to walk around, shop and explore

I am looking into other things, but is there anything that people would recommend. We were thinking about a fireworks seating in MK, but thinking it would be cool to see them from the balcony at the Contemporary as well. We haven’t cruised in quite sometime, and am looking forward to it. Any advice, that anyone has would be appreciated, as I am a planner by nature. This also helps me update my Budget. This is going to be by far the most expensive Disney trip we have ever taken, but you only live once. Just to clarify we already have a DU agent, Chris and so far so good :D

I know it's been a while since you posted, but one recommendation for a special trip is the La Cava Experience in the Mexico pavilion. It's a tequila and margarita tasting event that is a ton of fun.

For an easier cruise day, I believe Dreams can book a private transfer with FL tours for whatever time you want. They will also stop at the store to buy last minute items like sunscreen or wine for your stateroom.

I haven't done the MK fireworks viewing, but the way they direct people in the Hub it's pretty easy to get a good spot 15 minutes ahead of time. You will be surrounded by people, but I don't think it's worth $100.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter