Land Of The Lost - The DVC Members with Resort Reservations and No Tickets Crying Room....

I have reservations for Sept. and a Gold pass. I was able to book all of my 8 days today to get into the parks. What is this about only being able to book the 1st three days?

I have a November 2020 reservation at Jambo. I have received 2 “be among the first” emails. I called member services and Disney ticketing to see if I can buy tickets and they both are sticking to “later on this summer.” Honestly this entire thing is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. The points for our November 2020 trip are bankable...I’m thinking of just cancelling and going November 2021. Seems silly to go this year for a modified experience when I can just use the vacation money I’ve saved for a “funner” (that a word?!😂) trip next year. I feel so bad for people in the predicament of going over holidays, or who have expiring points. What a mess

Last edited:
yup waiting. have Jan 2021 trip and my 11 mth window is coming up for june 2021.

I don't even want to have to be dealing with this right now. I wish it was staggered like fast passes at a shorter period, but I get they have to lump us in cause of the cash packages scheduling days when they book far out.

All I know is I need tickets so I can put this to rest. Go on with my life this summer which fishing is the main priority right now! lol

Take my money. Let me book my random days at parks in which I have no idea what is really going on yet and let me move on. lol this might be harder to decide then what time I want to eat 180 days out.

Going beginning of September with a BWV reservation... no tickets bought yet. I was waiting with all the Covid mess... what's the point in putting more money into a trip that might not happen. Now we can't purchase tickets or reserve days in the parks. I may just cancel... all this is not worth the aggravation, especially with Covid cases on the serious rise in Florida. I am 99% sure I will be cancelling my trip.

I have an August 2 check-in at BLT, I need some answers soon so I can make a decision to go or cancel. I talked to DVC and WDW reservations yesterday and both came back with "we don't know"........baffling.

It is my first trip as a DVC member. I had annual passes in my cart the other day. During the checkout process they took them out. They had just been notified to stop selling. Wishing I didn't buy in at this time as the chances are increasing that I am going to lose a years worth of points. (They backdated my use year 6 months to get me an extra years worth of points, which I did have to pay dues for.)

We have a 2BR booked for October 17-24 at OKW, and it will be me, my husband, my sister and her husband. This trip is to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversaries. My sister has an AP. My husband and I have park passes for our July trip, with the full intention of upgrading to APs on that trip, not realizing at the time we bought the passes that they were going to require park reservations when reopening, and halting new ticket sales. My sister was waiting to purchase her husband's park pass for the October trip to see if MNSSHP was going to be a go. She doesn't get him an AP because he is a teacher, so can't come on all our trips with us. Now are we screwed for October? I'm so so angry.

I'm in the same boat as others, Our trip is February, 2021, it's myself, my husband, son and his girlfriend. I have tickets for husband and myself and no tickets for son and his girlfriend so I need to wait before I can reserve parks until I can purchase the 2 additional tickets. We were going to make this trip a no park trip until I heard that my son's girlfriend has never been to Disney. I'm hoping I have no problem reserving the parks once I'm able to purchase their tickets.

Good Luck everyone on reserving your park days.

I have friends coming in December who do not have tickets, and I hope there will be parks for them to go into. They don’t have air tickets yet, so that’s good.

Hello, my name is keishashadow and I’m missing a 4 or 5 day base tickets for one of my moocher adult kids/um I mean beloved DS lol

I’ve learned with my adult kids to wait until a month or so out before buying them tix when the decide to pile into our DVC room, burned too many times wherein they can’t get off work/plans change etc.

I was on a rogue, ‘irresponsibe’ trip to Myrtle Beach when they flipped off the tickets & missed snagging the last there was out there.

Being of otherwise sound mind, have tried to mine craigslist and ebay, not to mention all my friend group in an attempt to buy any unused tix.

Being a horrid person, I did book another ‘phantom’ family member for whom I purchase a PH on the fall reservation. Hoping once they do open tix sales, I can throw myself upon their mercy and hope to swap out the people on the reservation (the PH & DS). If not, have 2 RoTR complimentary tix assigned to us, can at least let him use those for 2 days in the parks as long as i can get him into them.

Somehow, I really don’t see WDW turning down the opportunity to make a buck. Believe they are initially paying lip service/jumping thru CV hoops/safety measures the lawyers devised, then sales will resume the end of July. No inside info, just my gut feeing.

Additionally, even though i have a reservations in MCO beginning on 8/9, that doesn’t mean I will keep them based upon the current overnight infection rates I’m seeing in FL.

Really glad I cancelled our VWL & banked the points. Only have until the end of July to do the same with my AKV ones for end of September which has Dec UY.

i agree, its equally as ridiculous that ap gets limited to 3 days but joe public can make as many days as they want.
That changed for a brief time period last night, was able to book all I needed for those in party with APH
I think they probably have a general idea but are working with capacity limits and they can not oversell, if they already have more tickets out there.
I was wondering if the dreaded westgate/TS sharks still have the one day tix & if so how many. Figure they go thru tons of them. I refuse to subject myself to that in order to get 2 lousy tix.
later this summer" I am fairly certain there is no way, even if we get a chance to buy a ticket, anything will be available for park reservations for Thanksgiving week.
Could be but if things don’t get better in the first wave, doubtful many will actually keep their reservations when a 2nd is predicted to hit late fall/early winter. All depends on ur UY and being able to cancel airfare without penalty
There is also the conspiracy theory being floated that its such a large population of people that they want us to cancel so they can manage attendance even more for the rest of 2020.
Oooh, i still have my tin foil hat somewhere! Of course they’d love to see that & lots of points go out of use too. Nothing personal, it’s all business, they will do what they have to in order to survive. I expect no less.
Honestly this entire thing is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.
Indeed, but the cynic in me does think they are trying to build artificial demand with non-DVC guests ala cabbage patch kid dolls. Delaying tix sales this year & stopping new resort reservations until 2021 is likely driving up sales.

Joining the crying room. We have a Disney cruise after Thanksgiving that was rescheduled from March (LOL - like that's going to happen) with a SSR stay afterwards. Our APs expire 7/30/20 with the extension. So frustrating - don't know if we even want to go anyway at this point.

Oy I needed this thread! We have an Aulani reservation in September that I suspect may be cancelled (along with our 2018 points). And now our December trip is in flux as well, albeit more than before. We have two gold APs, but my parents haven't bought their tickets yet.

Indeed, but the cynic in me does think they are trying to build artificial demand with non-DVC guests ala cabbage patch kid dolls. Delaying tix sales this year & stopping new resort reservations until 2021 is likely driving up sales.

can you explain how demand would be driven up by this?

Oy I needed this thread! We have an Aulani reservation in September that I suspect may be cancelled (along with our 2018 points). And now our December trip is in flux as well, albeit more than before. We have two gold APs, but my parents haven't bought their tickets yet.

has the resort/DVC reached out to you re: Aulani? I've been curious if there has been any additional side convo with resort guests booked at Aulani because it's a unique situation in that the island is basically closed off.

Disney's IT guys can't program their way out of a paper bag. I've gotten 3 emails saying that I can make reservations on 6/22 because I have a room reservation (for March 2021) and have tickets. But, I don't have tickets and my AP has expired. No way to buy tickets until 6/24, either.

The only positive thing I can see from this is that my wife and I aren't really that committed to travelling in March, likely ahead of wide scale distribution of a vaccine, and were considering changing to October/November instead when the window opens up for those reservations. So, if I buy AP's (and don't activate them) on 6/24, I'll then know whether we can get park reservations for March. No park reservations, I'm going to start walking my March reservation...

has the resort/DVC reached out to you re: Aulani? I've been curious if there has been any additional side convo with resort guests booked at Aulani because it's a unique situation in that the island is basically closed off.

Unfortunately no direct reach out yet. Mainly watching the GoHawaii page for updates from their governor. We can't book any dining on the Aulani website (I check daily 😒). You can book excursions, but many are non-refundable. We are considering a Vero Beach trip if we need to cancel. I really just need a beach and some rest!

I’ll join in on the crying. We have a non-refundable reservation at AKL this October. We were waiting to buy tickets because we hadn’t decided how many park days we wanted yet. Definitely regret procrastinating.

I can’t believe there are no communications for those of us stuck in this limbo. I wish there were some contact we could all flood with an email or flood their twitter and make them communicate with us. We need something other than “later this summer.”

Well we have a OKW Grand Villa booked in Nov. we have annual passes that we’re going to expire at the end of April.Disney extended them till August 26. We can not renew them online, says this number is already assigned and when we call we just get a busy signal. Nice going Disney. Were they not thinking there were going to be a billion phone calls?

I have an August 2 check-in at BLT, I need some answers soon so I can make a decision to go or cancel. I talked to DVC and WDW reservations yesterday and both came back with "we don't know"........baffling.

how much “later in the summer” can they go with people like yourself and the uncertainty. I am sure some people waited for airfare too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter