Land Border Opening?

I wonder if they’re waiting until the vaccine passports are developed? Would make it easier for border agents to verify vaccine status.

I'm thinkinking, as others have noted, it may have more to do with the Mexico border. Perhaps there is difficulty (and perhaps somthing specific too as it relates to the new USMCA that went into affect last summer) in opening one land border and not the other.

US state department officials have denied Canadian border linked to Mexican Border. Suspect some domestic political arm twisting happening between Congress and the mostly Republican Congressmen representing the US border states that desperately want and need Canadian shoppers and visitors. Canada is a casualty of US domestic politics. What else is new.

US state department officials have denied Canadian border linked to Mexican Border. Suspect some domestic political arm twisting happening between Congress and the mostly Republican Congressmen representing the US border states that desperately want and need Canadian shoppers and visitors. Canada is a casualty of US domestic politics. What else is new.

Perhaps not linked to Mexico border, but I would doubt keeping it closed is some kind of political maneuver against Republican members.

The most vocal states and more importantly the busiest border crossing states (those with the highest land border tracffic) are primarily Democrat run states. One of the most vocal set of politicians calling for re-opening (and probably the most financially impacted) are from NY State, with 2 Democratic Senators, Democratic governor, and majority of congressmen also democrats. Similar with Michigan and Washington states.

I wonder if they’re waiting until the vaccine passports are developed? Would make it easier for border agents to verify vaccine status.
I don’t think it has anything to do with vaccine passports since flying into the US they don’t even ask if your vaccinated. Only things they asked us were about our negative Covid test, and that we weren’t having any Covid symptoms.

At this point I'd be shocked if it happened in 2021.
I had hopes that it would open for my Sept 30th trip. But not promising. They keep canceling SeaTac-YVR flights so coming home in Oct I have a 7 hr layover in SeaTac. Guess I’ll be spending a lot of time in the lounge.
I wanted to cancel those flights and drive to Seattle. Ugh

I don’t think it has anything to do with vaccine passports since flying into the US they don’t even ask if your vaccinated. Only things they asked us were about our negative Covid test, and that we weren’t having any Covid symptoms.

I agree, I think it has to do with the Mexico border but don’t want to get into it due to no politics being allowed.

I agree, I think it has to do with the Mexico border but don’t want to get into it due to no politics being allowed.

It could be but the US has been slow to open in general. They are still banning people from Europe (except for Americans and a few other exceptions) even though Europe is wide open to Americans and Canada has announced that people from Europe can enter Canada starting on 9-September.

They don’t have to open to other borders just because they opened to us. They can easily just open to Canada. I just don’t think it’s a priority currently. And opened borders while the delta variant rages is probably bad optics at this point. I had always thought September or October. I’m not sure what I think now.

Unless I read it wrong,It says "unvaccinated".I wouldn't advise"unvaccinated" people to travel either.
Correct, and we haven’t and aren’t letting in their unvaccinated travellers so it’s a non sequitur. Our numbers don’t support the level three advisory . They just took us off it a few weeks ago .
What did happen yesterday was that the EU removed us from the travel bans and are allowing us in without quarantine and they recommend a travel ban for US citizens.
Seems a little suspect to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter