Land Border Opening?

Wow! May I ask which cruise line? I got a message from HAL a few days ago cancelling my spring 2022 cruise. They re-booked my entire party on a comparable itinerary in 2023. Waiting to hear the details in a few days.
Carnival.

I agree. This is essentially why there's another extension. US wants less requirements. It's difficult to agree on protocol if the views are different.
I agree with this, the only thing is the US cited rising covid cases as the reason? So if they are even higher next month?

For those mentioning testing at MCO, they are no longer doing it. It was announced yesterday I believe, sometime this week.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised but I am really disappointed that the land border didn’t open for us to drive south, I watch for news articles and scan this board constantly watching for signs of change.

Thanks Petunia. Interesting that they have the same parent company. It may be the itinerary? We were going to Australia.

Australia and New Zealand haven't opened to cruising and have sort of hinted they don't plan to for their upcoming season (our winter 2021/spring 2022)

Australia and New Zealand haven't opened to cruising and have sort of hinted they don't plan to for their upcoming season (our winter 2021/spring 2022)

Thought it must be something like that. They put us onto a similar itinerary in 2023…At least the 2023 disembarkation will be in Canada, which is way easier for us to handle. Surely all this mess will largely be over then.

I’m not seeing any chatter about the possibility of the U.S. opening the land border to us by the August 21st deadline, and that’s only a week away. If I were to guess it’s going to be September or October at this point.

i wonder if they’ll wait now to see the outcome of our election. with it being sept 20th, i bet we won’t see a major policy change on sept 21st.

i wonder if they’ll wait now to see the outcome of our election. with it being sept 20th, i bet we won’t see a major policy change on sept 21st.
At first I thought that maybe it would open and that would be a selling point for our current powers that be to take to the polls . I think they’ll announce or give us something to feel good about when it comes travel prior to Sept 20th. Remains to be seen if that will include the US border though.

We have a little house in South Carolina. They had 3,205 new cases in South Carolina yesterday!!! They have 1/3 the population of Ontario yet, 6 times the new cases. With that going on, doesn't matter if the border is open or closed....we still can't risk going down!

The county that our house is in has 6.5 times the cases as our own health county here in Ontario.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter