• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Land Border Opening?

Good summary in CBC article. My coles notes:
Aug 9 12:01am
-Fully vaccinated Americans (& Green Card holders) can travel to Canada without quarantine
-Canadian citizens of course have right of return already
-Negative test result still needed, but not everyone will need testing on arrival (replaced w randomized screening)
-Kids under 12 won’t have to quarantine
-Same rule changes for air arrivals

I missed anything formally saying “US border open,” this is a Canadian announcement. Not sure what we’ll hear from CBP on rules for Canadians heading south.

I didn't see anything in the announcement that said the land border was opening, it all seemed to speak to flying.

-Fully vaccinated Americans (& Green Card holders) can travel to Canada without quarantine
-Negative test result still needed, but not everyone will need testing on arrival (replaced w randomized screening)

I missed anything formally saying “US border open,” this is a Canadian announcement. Not sure what we’ll hear from CBP on rules for Canadians heading south.

Yep that's pretty much it. I was hoping the USA would reciprocate with opening their border... I guess we'll know more on July 21.

But 72 hr test still required? By everyone?

Is the thought though that one test could cover US entry and Canada return within a 72hr window?

That's how I enterpret it. I don't see why the one test couldn't be used for both.

That being said, we don't yet know what the US will announce for the border to allow us in via the land border.

Is the thought though that one test could cover US entry and Canada return within a 72hr window?
It would be fine if the rapid antigen twst was good for both ways but it isn't so if you tested here before leaving you still have to pay for the more expensive test, that would work for US entry but it also needs to work to come back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter