Land at 4pm...FP for navi river ride at 7pm!

Julia Ann

DIS Veteran
Land at 4pm to MCO, DME to AoA. Am I being optimistic in getting to AK via Disney bus for a FP on Navi River Ride between 7 and 8?

If you land on time, it will probably work. But as we tell our kids all the time about stuff, just hold it all loosely. Think of it as a bonus if you make it.

It should work. It takes about 20 minutes once you are off the plane to ride the transport system, then make your way to the buses. Once on the bus, you could wait for 20-30 minutes depending on the cycle. About a 25 minute trip from the airport, and now it depends on the order of drop off. Still, at max times lets say
  • disembark airplane - 15 minutes
  • transport to main terminal - 20 minutes
  • load onto the bus - 15 minutes
  • wait for bus to leave - 25 minutes
  • trip to your hotel - 50 minutes
  • wait for a bus to AK - 20 minutes
  • trip to AK - 10 minutes

all of that is just under 3 hours to be at AK - and I made long estimates. It could easily be 20-30 minutes quicker. You should be able to make your FP start time, and certainly within the window. GOOD LUCK

We have timed this on many of our vacations (because who doesn't like useless stats!) Our average across 8 trips is 2 hrs 32 minutes from the plane pulling up to the gate to stepping foot in a park. Keep in mind on these trips we've sat in different spots on the plane, stayed at different resorts, and headed to different parks first. Our fastest time was 105 minutes (great luck that day!!) and our slowest was 204 minutes (3 hours 24 minutes). I agree with other posters that you likely should make it - good luck!

We had an almost identical schedule this past Wednesday 8/30. Flight was scheduled to land at 4:13 (landed early). DME to AoA - online check in so straight to our room to drop off carry on bags. Made it to AK via bus well before our first fp+ staring at 6:55. NRJ next at 8:15. Worked out great.

Like others have said - as long as there are no delays. Have fun!

You should have plenty of time. Keep in mind that FP+ has a 15 minute grace period built in to the window so you actually have until 8:15 to make it to the ride.

On our last visit, we landed at MCO at 6:10 and were on a ride before 7:15. We drive ourselves though which saves a ton of time.

Thanks all. Didn't know about the 15mins grace on fps. Last time we went we had to claim for a damaged suitcase, a wheel broke off when it came out of second conveyor, that added another hour! hence to say we are carrying cases this time from first conveyor! ....and we have done on line check in so should be quicker I'm guessing just collection of magic bands and get my groceries brought to room from my garden grocer order

Land at 4pm to MCO, DME to AoA. Am I being optimistic in getting to AK via Disney bus for a FP on Navi River Ride between 7 and 8?
yes but it will be tight. The magical express can take 90 minutes door to door. I wouldn't check in but just drop bags and get in line for bus

....forgot to add I'm a Brit so have to factor in Immigration at the airport..
There is a lot of variables. I would keep checking on the app and try to modify the time if you can to later. I dont think there will be but it is worth trying. Also they give you 15 minutes grace period so you have until 8:15.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter