Krysten & Michael's DFTW - 9/9/10 - WP/Narcoossee's - 1 Year!! 09/09

You looked amazing. Just reading your's and other's PJ and TR confirms that I will be having a DFTW.

It has been a long time since I last posted!! But I finally have a day off and some time to devote to posting!

First off, today is DH and my 5th dating anniversary! I cannot believe that we have been together for 5 years already! But I couldn't be happier :goodvibes

So to continue with the TR now…

Our wedding day was the most amazing day we could have asked for, and I am so glad that we decided to have a DFTW. After the reception, some people headed to the parks, and DH and I went to our room and took a nap lol We were up so early that morning that we were exhausted by 4 o'clock. The rest of the day was just spent relaxing, and taking it all in!

*EDIT - Because of my horrible record keeping during this trip I missed Day 9. I also don't have any pictures from this day on my memory card on my camera, so I will just skip it for this TR lol Oops!

Day 10 - Saturday, September 11th, 2010

We had reservations to meet my family for breakfast at 'Ohana. This is one of my family's favourite ADR's and my little brother's favourite Disney character is Stitch - so we had to make an ADR here! Our table location wasn't great, but the food was wonderful and the service was great.

DH and I on our way over
DSC03550.jpg

My brother and stitch
DSC03555.jpg

Stitch had a fight with a waffle lol My brother laughed so hard. It was great.
DSC03556.jpg

My brother and cousin in the parade
DSC03557.jpg

This juice is my favourite juice ever. So we had to get a picture of me and the juice lol
DSC03554.jpg

My journalling at this point in the trip really went on the decline lol I know that we spent some time in the Magic Kingdom after breakfast at the Polynesian. This was also the day that most of our guests (all of DH's family) were leaving, so we went back to Pop Century to see them all off in the afternoon.

Day 11 - Sunday, September 12th, 2010

So today the rest of our guests were leaving. We met them at Pop Century to say goodbye and to thank them for coming. It was a very bittersweet morning. I couldn't believe that their trip was already over, and it was sad to see them all leave. But at the same time, I was happy that DH and I were now going to have some time to ourselves to just relax.

We went to EPCOT for the afternoon. Crowd levels were excellent and we walked right on to almost everything. I can't even count how many times we rode Spaceship Earth on this trip! lol

We had a dinner ADR at Le Cellier tonight. Neither of us had eaten here before, and I had heard so many great things that I couldn't wait to try it. It was an interesting experience for us because we are Canadian, and the whole pavilion is very stereotypically Canadian lol

View from our table. When we got there it was fairly empty, but by the time we left, it was packed!
DSC03571.jpg

DSC03573.jpg

DH ordered a steak. He loves steak and everyone I had talked to said how wonderful the steak is so he couldn't pass it up. I had the pesto gnocchi, and it was amazing. There was way more food than I could eat, but it was delicious.

For desert, I ordered the Chocolate Moose, and DH had some ice cream cookie sandwich thing lol They put them together on a nice plate for us.
DSC03578.jpg

DSC03579.jpg

Everything was delicious and I would definitely eat there again. After eating, we slowly walked around, and took some pictures.
DSC03580.jpg

DSC03581.jpg

DSC03582.jpg

DSC03583.jpg

DSC03584.jpg

DSC03585.jpg

Le Cellier looks awesome. I've actually never been there but have heard nothing but good things about it. Considering the number of times I've been to Disney, and that we always have to see Off Kilter, I'm amazed I thought Le Cellier was in France, not Canada.....I've also somehow missed that awesome garden....note to self: next trip, wander through more of Canada!

Your wedding trip sounds great so far. I can't wait to read more!

Le Cellier looks awesome. I've actually never been there but have heard nothing but good things about it. Considering the number of times I've been to Disney, and that we always have to see Off Kilter, I'm amazed I thought Le Cellier was in France, not Canada.....I've also somehow missed that awesome garden....note to self: next trip, wander through more of Canada!

Your wedding trip sounds great so far. I can't wait to read more!

Thanks for coming by! I hadn't really gone through the world showcase in a while, so we made a point to do it on this trip - and it was really worth it!

Krysten sweetie - lovely to read more o you TR. I love O'Hana's for breakfast!! We have an ADR there the day before our VR. Can't wait to eat ther again!!
I have never been to Le Cellier. I would love to try it, but when they put it up to a signature on the DDP, I didn't have enough DDP credits to go ther on this trip. Maybe next time....

Krysten sweetie - lovely to read more o you TR. I love O'Hana's for breakfast!! We have an ADR there the day before our VR. Can't wait to eat ther again!!
I have never been to Le Cellier. I would love to try it, but when they put it up to a signature on the DDP, I didn't have enough DDP credits to go ther on this trip. Maybe next time....

Thank you! It is great that you get to go to Ohana before your VR (which is coming up really quickly!!) and you really should try Le Cellier sometime, the food was great!

Day 12 - Monday, September 13th, 2010

Today we had breakfast at the Cape May Cafe with the characters. In case it wasn't clear in this TR, I love breakfast - especially Disney breakfast!! It is definitely my favourite meal of the day, so we usually schedule quite a few breakfasts. We have been to Cape May a bunch of times before and really enjoyed it, so we decided to go back on this trip.

So here are a few pictures of us with the characters.
DSC03614.jpg

DSC03619.jpg

DSC03621.jpg

At the end of our meal our waiter surprised us with a free chocolate cake and a card signed by all of the characters! They even took a couple of pictures of us (suggested by the waiter!). This was the most amazing piece of chocolate cake I have ever tasted! I ended up eating most of it lol DH isn't a huge fan of chocolate cake, and I loved it so much!
DSC03622.jpg

DSC03623.jpg

We left the restaurant bursting full! We hadn't spent a whole lot of time at Hollywood Studios yet, so that is where we decided to spend our day after breakfast.

This was the first time that I had done the Art of Disney Animation Class, and I loved it!! We went twice that day, and if I had it my way, I probably would have gone a few more times lol We drew Donald Duck and Pluto! 2 classic characters. This is something that I am definitely going to be doing on every trip from now on!
DSC03660.jpg

DSC03667.jpg

DSC03626.jpg

DSC03625.jpg

We met up with the Incredibles while we waited for one of the drawing classes. It was really interesting having them try to put us in this pose lol
DSC03665.jpg

We had also not been on Toy Story Mania yet, so that was another must do on our list. Fast Passes were already gone when we got there, but the wait was only 80 minutes (shorter than I've ever seen it) so we decided to wait. We met a really nice woman and her son in line and talked to them while we waited. In the end, we only had to wait about 50 minutes, which wasn't so bad. I love Toy Story, and I loved the ride. DH beat me in every game but we had fun anyway!
DSC03657.jpg

Later in the day, we ate at Pizza Planet. It was not exactly what I was hoping for. The Pizza Planet in the movie was so much cooler! lol I think that they could have done a lot more than they did with the theming. But we liked the pizza and enjoyed ourselves.
DSC03649.jpg

DSC03650.jpg

DSC03652.jpg

DSC03653.jpg

Day 12 - Monday, September 13th, 2010 Continued

We spent some time that day walking around HS (which, by the way, I keep calling MGM lol). DH had only been to Disney once before this trip, so we really took our time walking around and seeing things. We had to get a Mickey Bar on this trip (it was on my must do list lol) and since it was such a hot day, it seemed like the perfect time.

I loved mine.
DSC03647.jpg

DH however… he got a broken Mickey Bar lol So he had to make a sad face for the camera
DSC03646.jpg

We continued around HS and got a few more pictures before we left.
DSC03642.jpg

DSC03654.jpg

DSC03656.jpg

DSC03668.jpg

We left HS, and headed back towards the Grand Floridian. We dropped our things off in our hotel room, grabbed our refillable mugs, and headed to the main lobby to listen to the musicians.
DSC03671.jpg

DSC03672.jpg

DSC03674.jpg

Now I will say something negative. I have always wanted to stay at the GF. Ever since I was a little girl, I loved that hotel and dreamed about staying there. So my expectations were really quite high. For the most part, my expectations were met, or exceeded. The one part that really made me upset was the noise and children running around screaming everywhere. I expect this at the value resorts, and yes I know it is Disney, but seriously, there are people trying to enjoy their vacations, and you let your children run and scream and hit people. It was a really frequent occurrence too. It happened in the main lobby, outside at the marina, in the hallway by our room - everywhere. I love children (and my mom does a home daycare, so I lived with this noise every day!) but on my honeymoon, it just bothered me.

But back to the positives - I love love loved the musicians in the main lobby! I wish I lived in a time like the early 1900's just for the dressing and music. I sat in the lobby a fair bit during the trip and just enjoyed relaxing and taking it all in!

Anyway, that was my only complaint about the trip, so I think it was a success! More TR coming soon! Including the MNSSHP!

I've just caught up with your whole tr and your pics are fabulous. You must be so happy with how they came out:goodvibes. I would love to see some of your MK pics when you get them too.

I've just caught up with your whole tr and your pics are fabulous. You must be so happy with how they came out:goodvibes. I would love to see some of your MK pics when you get them too.

Thanks so much! We are definitely happy with our pictures! Our MK photos turned out well also, but we didn't buy the disk yet, so I have no pictures uploaded. I might scan our proofs though…

I love all the pictures looks like you guys had a great time
Where is the Pizza Planet at, My boys would love it!

Thank you! We really did have a great time! Pizza Planet is in Hollywood Studios, but that is the best direction I can give you lol I am horrible with giving directions, and I know HS the least well of all the parks. But it is a great little counter service restaurant, with a full arcade and everything.

Hello again everyone!

I am not sure if anyone is even really reading this, but I figure it is about time to finish it up!! I just finished downloading the rest of my pictures from the trip onto my photobucket account, and my journalling was horrendous at the end of the trip lol so it shouldn't take long!

Day 13 - Tuesday, September 14th, 2010

We spent a wonderful morning relaxing by the pool and spending time walking around the GF. This was definitely the most relaxing trip to Disney I have ever had!! Because we were spending so much on our hotel, and had AP's, it didn't matter whether we spent the entire day at the park or not. I took a ton of pictures (that I won't bore you with here) around the GF as well.

We had a lunch ADR at Tony's Town Square in MK. Neither DH nor I had ever eaten here before, so it was another new experience! I ate a mozzarella flatbread (which was to die for!!) and DH had pasta and meatballs (which he also really enjoyed).
DSC03851.jpg

DSC03853.jpg

DSC03855.jpg

DSC03856.jpg

After lunch, we did a couple of things around MK, and then headed back to the GF to get ready for….

MNSSHP!!!

This was our first time ever doing this, and I was excited beyond belief lol We changed into our costumes and decided to take the boat back to MK. We were celebrities the whole way there! Everyone commented on our costumes!

In the elevator
DSC03862.jpg

Some pics of MK
DSC03864.jpg

DSC03866.jpg

DSC03868.jpg

DSC03873.jpg

DSC03874.jpg

Huge line for candy!
DSC03871.jpg

Waiting for fireworks
DSC03888.jpg

MNSSHP continued…

The fireworks show was amazing! I love Disney's fireworks (always lol) and this was a new and great show for me! I will be nice and just post a few of my pictures lol

DSC03894.jpg

DSC03899.jpg

DSC03900.jpg

DSC03902.jpg

DSC03916.jpg

We also watched the Villians show, which was a really unique thing to see. I loved it!
DSC03933.jpg

DSC03940.jpg

DSC03942.jpg

DSC03944.jpg

One final thing we watched was the Boo To You parade. We found ourselves in a bad location, and the people in front of us were incredibly rude, so it was hard to enjoy the parade, but I was glad we saw it anyway. DH took these pictures because I was too short to see over people to take them lol So they are kind of blurry. But it is a cool parade if you ever get a chance to see it.
DSC03953.jpg

DSC03965.jpg

DSC03976.jpg

DSC03985.jpg

DSC03997.jpg

DSC04013.jpg

DSC04033.jpg

DSC04037.jpg

MNSSHP final thoughts
I really enjoyed MNSSHP. We were able to go on rides with no line-ups. We saw some unique characters, shows, parades, etc. And it was something that I have never done before. I do think, though, that it would be better with young kids. It is not something that DH and I would do every trip with just the 2 of us. Overall, a great experience though.

Day 14 - Wednesday, September 15th, 2010

We were out late with the MNSSHP, but we had to get up early to make our breakfast reservations at Akershus in EPCOT. We took the monorails to get there, and got there in plenty of time for our reservation. This was yet another new restaurant for us on this trip! DH really didn't have an interest in getting his picture taken with the princesses lol but he enjoyed the food. There was a great selection, and everything was delicious. I got my picture taken with all of the princesses!

DSC04044.jpg

DSC04046.jpg

DSC04047.jpg

DSC04048.jpg

DSC04049.jpg

DSC04050.jpg

DSC04053.jpg

DSC04054.jpg

We spent some time in EPCOT, doing the rest of the things that we wanted to do, but hadn't yet done, and then headed back to the GF. We found a little surprise in our room.

DSC04060.jpg

DH had made himself a coffee in the room while waiting for me to get ready, but he must have forgot to rinse out the pot. When we got back to the room, our whole coffee maker was missing!! lol I told him that was his punishment for not rinsing - no more coffee for him!

We went down to the pool and hot tub that night. And spent some time together, just relaxing. I have more pictures of the GF than I can count, and many of them are almost the exact same shot! But every time I took a picture, I didn't feel like it captured how beautiful the place really is, so I needed to take more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter