Kohl's Veteran's Day Sale

Lvsdisney

DIS Veteran
Has anyone seen or heard anything about this year's Veteran's Day sale? I do so much of my Christmas shopping during the sale, I hope they are doing it this year!

HAPPY30 is supposed to be good for 30% off for cardholders starting Veteran's Day (Nov 11) thru the 21st.

Free shipping is NOVMVCFREE

SERVICE will be good for $10 off $25 Nov 11th only.

All of that is from Slickdeals. I have no personal first hand knowledge of any of this, but last year they were right on.

ETA: I was able to add all 3 codes to my Kohls wallet, and they show as effective starting 11/11, so I guess they are good to go!!!

Last edited:
HAPPY30 is supposed to be good for 30% off for cardholders starting Veteran's Day (Nov 11) thru the 21st.

All of that is from Slickdeals. I have no personal first hand knowledge of any of this, but last year they were right on.

ETA: I was able to add all 3 codes to my Kohls wallet, and they show as effective starting 11/11, so I guess they are good to go!!!
Thank you thank you!!

Tips for newbies to the Kohl's Veteran's Day sale:

- You need a Kohl's charge to really make this a good sale. Many of the codes are valid for only Kohl's charge holders, although there are sometimes codes for lower level of discounts for non Kohl's charge holders. I'm not a big fan of store credit cards, but I have the Kohl's one just for the sale codes.

- To maximize the deals, you want to get your cart as close as you can to $25 before tax, without going under ($24.99 won't work). Watch for items that don't qualify for discounts - they say it on the product page. Those won't work here. If you can get your cart to exactly $25, the $10 off $25 plus the 30% off works out to a 58% discount - the $10 is taken off first, then you get 30% off the remaining $15=$10.50 final cost. As you go over $25 (which all of my orders do because it's next to impossible to hit exactly $25), the percentage off starts to lower, hence the attempt to stay as close to $25 as you can.

- Multiple online orders have been allowed in the past, and I don't anticipate any issues this year (although I don't work for Kohl's so I can't guarantee that). I've placed 15+ orders some years without issue. A few people reported issues with a lot of orders last year, but I think it was fraud checking on their card that shut them down, or somehow Kohl's flagged them as resellers (too many orders for the same item, etc). It's never kicked in for me - probably because I have a history of a crazy number of orders during this sale of all sorts of things LOL

- There are sometimes some other codes available at the same time too that could stack - I think there might be a 20% off jewelry that would stack.

For me, because of the issues of Kohl's Cash and returns, I find this sale is better than their Black Friday sale for items near or under $25. Larger, more expensive items are typically a better deal at their Black Friday sale, because the prices might be lower (but discounts less too - so that's not as much of an impact as you would think at first) and they usually give extra Kohl's Cash.

Last edited:

Thank you!

One more note: I receive a Kohl's mailer yesterday that had a $10 Kohls Cash "promotional gift" coupon in it - it wasn't a stick on gift-type card like it often is, it was a coupon you had to cut out of the mailer (well, it had perforated edges so I didn't actually have to cut, but you get the idea). I almost missed it honestly. So don't toss the mailer and miss that coupon! It's good the 6th thru the 27th.

Tips for newbies to the Kohl's Veteran's Day sale:

- You need a Kohl's charge to really make this a good sale. Many of the codes are valid for only Kohl's charge holders, although there are sometimes codes for lower level of discounts for non Kohl's charge holders. I'm not a big fan of store credit cards, but I have the Kohl's one just for the sale codes.

- To maximize the deals, you want to get your cart as close as you can to $25 before tax, without going under ($24.99 won't work). Watch for items that don't qualify for discounts - they say it on the product page. Those won't work here. If you can get your cart to exactly $25, the $10 off $25 plus the 30% off works out to a 58% discount - the $10 is taken off first, then you get 30% off the remaining $15=$10.50 final cost. As you go over $25 (which all of my orders do because it's next to impossible to hit exactly $25), the percentage off starts to lower, hence the attempt to stay as close to $25 as you can.

- Multiple online orders have been allowed in the past, and I don't anticipate any issues this year (although I don't work for Kohl's so I can't guarantee that). I've placed 15+ orders some years without issue. A few people reported issues with a lot of orders last year, but I think it was fraud checking on their card that shut them down, or somehow Kohl's flagged them as resellers (too many orders for the same item, etc). It's never kicked in for me - probably because I have a history of a crazy number of orders during this sale of all sorts of things LOL

- There are sometimes some other codes available at the same time too that could stack - I think there might be a 20% off jewelry that would stack.

For me, because of the issues of Kohl's Cash and returns, I find this sale is better than their Black Friday sale for items near or under $25. Larger, more expensive items are typically a better deal at their Black Friday sale, because the prices might be lower (but discounts less too - so that's not as much of an impact as you would think at first) and they usually give extra Kohl's Cash.

You explained this perfectly!! I have found in the past that the small Yankee Candles (the votive size) are a good filler to push you over the $25 mark for items at $24.99. They work with the discount codes!

One more note: I receive a Kohl's mailer yesterday that had a $10 Kohls Cash "promotional gift" coupon in it - it wasn't a stick on gift-type card like it often is, it was a coupon you had to cut out of the mailer (well, it had perforated edges so I didn't actually have to cut, but you get the idea). I almost missed it honestly. So don't toss the mailer and miss that coupon! It's good the 6th thru the 27th.
I got one too! Holding it until the Veterans Day sale.

I love this sale! I have started a list on the Kohls site to help me remember what to look for

My go to filler item is a wash cloth. I buy crazy colors so my kids can tell theirs apart.

I color code my kids towels. When they were little, one’s favorite color was blue, the other’s was green. So ever since then I have bought blue and green towels for each of them. They dont have to share a hand towel or wonder who’s been using his towel.
We use the same colors for toothbrushes when we travel. Heck, I don’t even care if blue and green are still their favorite colors.I’m not switching to purple or orange towels.

I apparently didn't spend enough at Kohl's last year and lost my MVC status, so I don't get the free shipping anymore. It's a viscous cycle because without free shipping, there is no way I will spend much there this year either.

I apparently didn't spend enough at Kohl's last year and lost my MVC status, so I don't get the free shipping anymore. It's a viscous cycle because without free shipping, there is no way I will spend much there this year either.
I would try using that code anyway. Worst thing that could happen is that it doesnt allow it.

If you feel comfortable going into a store, I know they will ship for free if you order via a kiosk. I never bothered to do that even pre-covid, I would just purchase pickup in store/free delivery to store items. These days the contactless pickup if my go to.

Kohl's Black Friday ad is up (I had to refresh a few times to get it to display) - this is helpful to double check during the Veteran's Day sale to see if you can get it cheaper on Black Friday or not.

Some of the items are on pre-Black Friday sale today, at their Black Friday prices. But I'm mostly betting I can get the stuff I want cheaper during the Veteran's Day sale. For example, there are some sweatpants I want on sale for the Black Friday price of $9.99 today, plus 20% off = $8. But they were recently on regular sale for $13.99, which I'm hoping will be the Veteran's Day price - that way I could get 2 for $28 - $10 - 30% = $12.60, or $6.30 each. So the better deal - if the price works out the way I hope - is Veteran's Day. But if the prices don't work out that way on Veteran's Day, I still know the Black Friday price will be $9.99 - 15% (less than today, but the Kohl's cash earning rate will be higher) = $8.50. So I'll just wait until then if they aren't priced as I hope on Veteran's Day.

The one thing I'm probably going to do is use my $10 Kohl's Cash coupon today, to get a couple of long sleeve t-shirts for DD20 - with the coupon, they will be free. Since Kohl's cash comes off before the percentage coupons, in this case it is better to pounce on the lower price. But that all depends on how much of your purchase the KC will cover - you have to do the math to see what's better :)

I pulled the trigger today on a Cuddl Duds comforter because there was a $10 off $40 Cuddl Duds, coupon, the Kohls cash coupon from the mailer, and the 20% off, plus earning the $15 Kohls cash.

Now I will be able to switch out the linens for my Christmas loving husband.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter