King Kong Closed?

O

OrlandoDisney

Is it true that King Kong Ride has closed at Universal Studios?

Say it is not so..not closed for good...I love Kongfrontation!!

Lora

No, it is not closed. But, things are always subject to change. I would suggest that if you are a "must see" fan, you plan on seeing the big monkey by Labor Day, just to be on the safe side.

indoor coaster.
lim launched.
lap bars.
Please.

Earl,
Say it ain't so! We won't be at Universal till Sept 24th, My husband has never been to Universal and I was really hoping to ride King Kong with him!!!

I would rather see Twister gone long before the Big Ape goes. Yes Kong is a little corny but lots of fun. Twister is just plain boring and makes for a very bad hair day.

Renee

Hi: Never been to universal, but we are going in april. Can one of you veterans tell me if twister or king kong makes you dizzy at all, either visually or spinning? Thanks,

Deb.

twister is a stand and view ride and king kong is moving but no really fast and no sharp turns so i would say no to your question.

If Kongfrontation is scary. We will be there in 7 weeks and have never ridden King Kong or JAWS and any info about what they are like would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Susan ;)

Kong MIGHT be frightening to a 2 year old....the ride itself is kind of campy... slow and smooth with a few simulated drops, and the large animatronic Kong figures are actually amusing to watch. One of the most tame rides in the park IMHO. I even question the necessity of the lap bars, but I suppose they are there to keep curious hands in the car and off the props.
My 11 year old has autism and is very skittish around animals, but he giggles like crazy all through Kongfrontation. I enjoy the ride because it makes me nostalgic for my home city of NY, the newscasts on the monitors and the graffiti in the halls by the elevator are especially authentic.
King Kong was one of our family's all time favorite movies when I was growing up. I will miss him when he's gone... :(

Is there an elevator involved as part of the ride in Kong, or not. Have not been on this either?

Deb.

The elevator is not part of the ride. It is just a transport for wheelchair guests and one time was used for FOTL.

I'd have to say "not scary". My son cried and cried at the entrance and intro to ET. REally. But he (4 years old) and my little one (18 months) both LOVED Kong!

It does get HOT, though.

Elaine

King Kong is a really cool ride. The setting takes place in New York City (i think) You ride a sky cab thing and take a tour around town at night and you have some "kong Frontations"lol. Twiser isnt a ride and you dont even do anything except a tornado rip through a city in a matter of seconds. Both are very cool rides/attractions.

Twister was scary at first but was no nig deal. The only thing that could harm you is the wind from the man made twister.

I have never realy thought about this. I didnt experience much wind at all and im sure it wont be a problem with contacts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter