Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
dreamer - I didn't even notice that was Mickey head fabric until Utah posted it again.
We went to JoAnn's last night and couldn't find any cute disney. :(

I bought it quite a while ago and it is a very bright green. Then I went back and they had the teal green out with the disney fabrics. It matched perfectly and toned down the brightness. Then someone on this thread recommended this pattern and Tada! I had a shirt. I think it would look cute with some tan fabric and animal print on the ruffle. You can also make the pattern without the ruffles. It ties around the waist. I am so glad someone here suggested it I wish I could remember who it was. It is Butterick B4469

Thank you :flower3:

My Joann's doesn't have any more either. I have looked at two other Joann's here around Atlanta for this fabric and another Disney fabric (the one with the dots and Mickey and Minnie) Neither one of them had it either. They sell out quick!

Our Joann's here in town had some tinkerbell and some winnie the pooh. They also had some new flannels.

I am scared they won't have anything new until spring. Hmmm we'll see.

Do they usually have them out for Halloween? Are they usually in the Halloween section or just the socks/hosery section? Thanks!

Usually they are in the girls section with the tights and underwear. Every Halloween and Christmas they have them out.

Hope this helps!

Camping Griswalds---You forgot to take a picture of the triple ruffle on the bottom of the jeans! That's my favorite part!!

Okay, any Little Einstein fans out there? This was a long planned, long discussed project for my daughter. The help I got on this was amazing. One of the frequent posters here sewed the jeans and top. Her work is amazing, and I actually got teary eyed when I saw everything. She truly went "above and beyond" to make a little girls 3rd birthday PERFECT!!!

Picture008.jpg
Picture007.jpg
Picture004.jpg

I absolutely love this! Little Einsteins are big in my house and Destiny would not want to take this off. Thanks for sharing!

OK, so be gentle! This is my FIRST attempt at sewing and using a pattern! :eek: My MIL usually does all the sewing, but I have her so loaded down doing other vacation outfits, I thought I'd try a simple on on my own. Nothing fancy AT ALL, but I'm happy that I actually finished it!

greenmickey.jpg

greenback.jpg

The ruffles are SO bad, but if she moves real fast and you aren't too close up, I think don't anyone will notice! ;)

Oh it is so cute. I love the ruffle. That striped fabric matches perfectly.

Lisa, you are teasing us. How about a photo of the entire outfits -- the beautiful ruffled skirt and the one your cutie pie is wearing......PLEASE!

Well, this isn't a set I made for my daughter but here's a better view of the whole thing. I hesitated posting it just because I feel odd sharing a pic of another person's child - even if she sent the photos to me for that kind of thing. I cropped it tight so it's harder to recognize her... but I'll probably delete the image in a few days anyway.

jojo_snap.jpg

BTW - Thanks to all who have complimented my work! I don't want to ignore those compliments but I also don't want to flood the thread with my posts of thanks. :)

I used to do the double row gathering for years until I finally bought a ruffler foot. It is so nice to have that! It's very noisy and a bit intimidating at first but well worth learning how to use it. Here's a close-up of a skirt I made using the ruffler foot for all gathering.

ruffles.jpg

Oh My Goodness... I love this skirt. Did you use the ruffle foot to gather the tiers of the skirt? I love the crazy ruffles (I am sure they have a real name, I just call them the crazy ruffles in my mind :)) also, could someone please explain to me how to finish the edges of the ruffle the way she has them finished? What would that be called? Do I need a special foot? Is it just a certain type of stitch?

I am so sorry for all of the questions lately. I have a huge pile of fabric waiting on me to start an outfit for the Wiggles live show. I never found Wiggles fabric, so I ordered appliqués from Australia and I am going to do an apron shirt with the appliqués on the front (ruffles on along the bottom) and I am doing the back in patchwork with all of the wiggles colors. I would love to use the crazy ruffle in the patchwork part. Please help. This will be my first attempt at an entire outfit. I don't want my DD to look silly :) I am also putting the ruffle on the bottom of the capri’s and putting appliqués on the legs. Does that sound cute?

The one thing that is a bit different about these scarves are that they aren't appliqued on, they are more "3D", I guess you could say. I think that she tucked one piece of fabric under the mickey head, then gathered and knotted the fabric and they hand-stitched it all the way around. I'll see if I can take a close up of the pirate mickey head.

I really liked hers a lot because they are "3 D" I have the Mickey head appliqued onto the shirts already. I studied her pictures and you can't see any of the stitching! I tried to attach the scarf to the head before I appliqued the Mickey head but I wasn't sure how to applique the Mickey head on after that.

So I thought I would ask.

I have the little red scarfs sewn ie hemmed and I did a little half circle to gather it up but I haven't attached them yet. Any tips?

Well, this isn't a set I made for my daughter but here's a better view of the whole thing. I hesitated posting it just because I feel odd sharing a pic of another person's child - even if she sent the photos to me for that kind of thing. I cropped it tight so it's harder to recognize her... but I'll probably delete the image in a few days anyway.

jojo_snap.jpg

BTW - Thanks to all who have complimented my work! I don't want to ignore those compliments but I also don't want to flood the thread with my posts of thanks. :)

Unfreakingbelievable. THAT is just stunning! YOU are amazingly talented!

Okay, any Little Einstein fans out there? This was a long planned, long discussed project for my daughter. The help I got on this was amazing. One of the frequent posters here sewed the jeans and top. Her work is amazing, and I actually got teary eyed when I saw everything. She truly went "above and beyond" to make a little girls 3rd birthday PERFECT!!!

Picture008.jpg
Picture007.jpg
Picture004.jpg

This is terrific! "Her" work IS perfecto!!!

("Pat, Pat, Pat..." I LOVE that show!)

Picture008.jpg
Picture007.jpg
Picture004.jpg

Wow these are adorable! I love the appliques on the jeans! Very cute!

Happy Birthday to your little girl!

I really liked hers a lot because they are "3 D" I have the Mickey head appliqued onto the shirts already. I studied her pictures and you can't see any of the stitching! I tried to attach the scarf to the head before I appliqued the Mickey head but I wasn't sure how to applique the Mickey head on after that.

So I thought I would ask.

I have the little red scarfs sewn ie hemmed and I did a little half circle to gather it up but I haven't attached them yet. Any tips?
Nana's at work right now, but she'll be at home soon. Maybe she can answer your questions. I'll send her an email to check out the DIS and I'm sure she can assist.:thumbsup2

ok, someone posted the mickey pirate head. I too made a make shift pattern for the scarf, but have it going th other direction. Here is a pirate mickey tutu outfit I just made! It is so adorable. and for winter I though of putting black leggins underneath!

IMG_2640.jpg

Lisa,

That is so cute I love it. OK I really have to learn how to sew dang it !

Blessed Be,
Tina

Oh My Goodness... I love this skirt. Did you use the ruffle foot to gather the tiers of the skirt? I love the crazy ruffles (I am sure they have a real name, I just call them the crazy ruffles in my mind :)) also, could someone please explain to me how to finish the edges of the ruffle the way she has them finished? What would that be called? Do I need a special foot? Is it just a certain type of stitch?

I call the edge finish a rolled hem and do it on my serger. It's basically just thread wrapped tightly around the edge with the cut part of the fabric rolled under before the stitches are made. (Hope that made sense!) If you have a serger, your instruction book should tell how to set up your machine to do that stitch - it's very simple. Also, I did use the ruffler foot to gather the ruffles I applied to the front of the skirt as well as each tier of the skirt itself. I don't yet gather and sew all at once as I'm not sure I can get my ruffler adjusted correctly.

Picture008.jpg
Picture007.jpg
Picture004.jpg

Ok this is just darling. My 4 year old is here as we speak coveting this :rotfl: .

Blessed Be,
Tina

There is so much going on I just can't keep up while I'm at work, I'm gonna have to get a computer at home.

TOTALLY OT: How many of you, that do custom autograph books, actually use a book and how many of you take clipboards & notecards so you can put them into a more elaborate book later?? Looking for ideas for both ( i have the pdf of the individual character pages)

and back on topic, I found an old mickey mouse twin sheet at good will and since it was $2 HAD to buy it thought I might make myself a dress or a skirt. See, what you've done to me... I'm off to my mom's to make a tank top for me out of a guys oxford shirt to wear out to my DH's gig tomorrow night. I keep wearing the same thing over and over so I decided a reconstruction was in order. I'll keep you posted, though it's not a dis thing.

...t.

Thank you everyone for the great comments about the pitare tutu outfit.
basically it is two layers of fabric and in between I sew a gathered layer of tulle. the waist band is a simple one. then I trim edges and sew a closed seam on all the edges to make it all even!

Lori

There is so much going on I just can't keep up while I'm at work, I'm gonna have to get a computer at home.

TOTALLY OT: How many of you, that do custom autograph books, actually use a book and how many of you take clipboards & notecards so you can put them into a more elaborate book later?? Looking for ideas for both ( i have the pdf of the individual character pages)

and back on topic, I found an old mickey mouse twin sheet at good will and since it was $2 HAD to buy it thought I might make myself a dress or a skirt. See, what you've done to me... I'm off to my mom's to make a tank top for me out of a guys oxford shirt to wear out to my DH's gig tomorrow night. I keep wearing the same thing over and over so I decided a reconstruction was in order. I'll keep you posted, though it's not a dis thing.

...t.

I am the one who made the autograph book pdf. I highly suggest binding it before you go. Since there are so many cards it is easy to keep them together. We used plastice binding so we could remove pages. Each night we removed the autographs we found that day. The book became smaller everyday. Also, when we got home we took out the blank pages. Have fun with your autograph seeking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter