Kid's Clubs Experiences- pls share...

campinggal

DIS Veteran
I'm traveling solo with my 6 year old DD and would love a 'break' at some point- if you know what I mean!;)

What have been your experiences with the 'Kid's Clubs'- like the Club's Den at the WL or Mouseketeer Club at the GF? Or any of the others?

Thanks!

My DS has been to the Neverland Club at PR and Simba's Cub House at AKL. He was 4yo when he went to the Neverland Club and he had a great time. It is fairly large, has a Disney movie playing, arcade games, arts and craft projects and they serve a buffet dinner with all the kid' favorites. Our son was 5yo when we went to AKL. He LOVED this club house. It is a more intimate enviornment. You can order dinner for your child and they have games, crafts and a movie. We went to Jiko's for dinner while he was there. I am glad that we did it early in the trip because he BEGGED to go back. We gave in and he spent an hour or two on 2 other days while we got to lounge in the hot tub. They give you a beeper so that they can reach you in an emergeny, they do not mind if you call to check on the kids and the entrances are secure. We'll be trying the Mouseketeer Club at the GF in June. I'm sure you will both enjoy the experience, no matter which club you choose.:)

My daughter, who will be 10 during our August trip this year, has been to the Harbor Club (Boardwalk), Mousketeer Club (Grand Floridian), Sandcastle Club (Yacht Club/Beach Club), and Neverland Club (Polynesian). She prefers the Sandcastle and Neverland Clubs.

During our vacation last year, she wanted to go the Neverland Club every night.

Originally posted by Reflection
My daughter, who will be 10 during our August trip this year, has been to the Harbor Club (Boardwalk), Mousketeer Club (Grand Floridian), Sandcastle Club (Yacht Club/Beach Club), and Neverland Club (Polynesian). She prefers the Sandcastle and Neverland Clubs.

During our vacation last year, she wanted to go the Neverland Club every night.

Does the Neverland cCub have a Peter Pan theme to it at all? My son is a Peter Pan freak!! Does anyone have links of pics to the kids clubs?

The Neverland Club is totally Peter Pan-ish!!!! They have a great set-up that looks like the big window that Peter Pan comes through! It is a really nice place, with an area for TV and arcade games also.

Originally posted by Harambe
The Neverland Club is totally Peter Pan-ish!!!! They have a great set-up that looks like the big window that Peter Pan comes through! It is a really nice place, with an area for TV and arcade games also.

Oh my son will absolutely love this!!! Thanks!

My 9 y/o dd loves Neverland Club!!! We've made reservations for her for our Aug trip. Only problem....dad and I don't know where we're going for the night. She loved everything about it.

Yes, I am looking for experiences in Cubs Den as well.

I have two kids 5 and 8. Yes, it is expensive for two kids... (almost $15 an hour!), but we are kicking around an idea for a few hours.

I'd love to hear more as well! Thanks!

My kids ages 8 and 5 also did the Simbas Cubhouse.
It was our 10th anniversary and we went to see Fantastmic.
(my son would have hated it).

They loved it there. They wanted to go back the next nite.
I think they just enjoyed taking a break from the busy park touring and playing with toys.
They had crafts, toys, movies. (In fact, they were mad that we came to get them and they didn't get to see the movie).
They enjoyed choosing their meal and pretended they were in a restaurant without us.

It was a wonderful experience for everyone.

Our two boys ages 7 and 8 spent an evening at the Neverland Club in Feb 03 and they really enjoyed it. It was just like I read before our trip, they were disappointed to leave when we arrived to pick them up. We visited both the Neverland Club and the Cubs Den during the daytime hours (it was a split stay for us with several days at WL and then a move to the Poly for a week), and that is a great way to be able to check out the places before you actually use them. We did not use the Cubs Den and probably would not for out boys because it was quite small and seemed to have more limited activities. However, it may be the ideal place for a child needing a more intimate environment with fewer kids and less activity.

Our kids have stayed with the folks at the Neverland club and the Cubs Den. Ages 12 and 8. Our children think these places are another Disney attraction they love them so much!! It is great for us parents.

Our boys (9 and 6) stayed at both Sandcastle Club (BC) and Simba's Cubhouse (AKL) last year. They both had a great time. I asked which one they preferred; 9yo said Sandcastle because they had non-Disney video games, whereas Simba's only had Disney-brand video games.

You should reserve 24 hrs in advance, but during slow times of the year there is often space available on short notice -- that's what we did in both cases. Just be sure to call first.

Does the Swan or Dolphin have a kids club,and how does it compare to Sandcastle Club?

My daughter stayed at the Neverland Club when she was 4, and she begged to go back again on our recent trip (age 5). She loved it again! She went around telling complete strangers that she got to go to the Neverland Club, and when we talk about Disney World, she always talks about wanting to go there again. As an adult, I'm not sure I see what the attraction is, but I can guarantee you that kids love it!

How far in advance do we need reservations. We go in Oct.

Also am I correct that you have to be staying at the resort? We are considering the contemporary.

Thanks

Oh good question..I didn't think you had to be staying at the resort to use their childcare, just on Disney Property, anyone know for sure?

You can stay at any of the Disney property resorts and use the child care.
We made our reservations in advance (For Sept), but we noticed that it was not crowded and they did accept walk-ins at Simbas cubhouse.
I think if you are going at a busy time of year, you will be better off with reservations.

You definitely do not have to be staying at that resort. I've never heard about whether you have to be on-site, but just ask when you call to make reservation. Reservations are made thru WDW Dining. I believe it's 407-wdw-dine. You do have to reserve with a credit card and cancel at least 24 hours in advance in order to avoid a $16 cancellation fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter