Kidnap the Sandy Claws, lock him up real tight- Oct PTR pg. 234 8/25 up to date itin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is good. I was sick then Lexi was sick and then Jon was sick. He wasn't as sick as the 2 of us were but you would have thought he was dying. :)
We are all well now and I can go back to dissing. I am glad to be back.

:goodvibes Glad you are all on the mend. I thought something was up because I hadn't seen you here or Facebook. ;) I hate when everyone gets sick but I would almost prefer us all sick at the same time just to get it over with. Anything fun planned for your Sunday?

Did you plan the trip for all 20? Knowing you'd split was smart. I swear it didn't occur to me until the first day when all the kids had different ideas of what they wanted to do.

Thankfully, no. My parents rented 2 houses and bought us all tickets. It was myself, my 5 siblings and our families. My mom put together kind of a shell outline, a "this park this day" type thing but it was really only 3 days (MK, AK and IOA) that we planned to tour as a group and ended up being only 2.5 officially. We all spent a ton more time together than that but some wanted to do Kennedy, some Sea World, etc so there was some splitting off.

It actually worked out really well but I also think we got REALLY lucky, it was F&W (we didn't know before we went) and most nights we'd all end up back at the world showcase, hitting the kiosks and watching illuminations together. It was a great trip. We hope to do it again maybe in '11 but it's harder with school now.

How was HHI? Everything I read about it is amazing! Any photos to share?

Have you stayed at the GCV? They are fantastic!!!! :thumbsup2 Seriously, out of the 3 DVC we have stayed at we like GCV the best. OKW is 2nd and AKV is 3rd. But really, they all rock! :woohoo:

I like your choice for split. If our friend comes, he owns BCV so we'll be able to get in at the 11 mo mark. Might be hard at the 7 mo but we can always wait list.

HHI was amazing! It's such a relaxing place - the resort was awesome, very laid back and relaxing, the pool was great, very Disney. Great slide, they had karaoke going, lots of fun. There is a footbridge that connects the Disney resort with the other side of the harbour where there are restaurants, shops and lots of boats! Very pretty. They run a shuttle to the beach house, which is 1 mile away, but we drove over. Again, amazing! The beach was beautiful and the beach house has a bar, arcade, little restaurant, ping-pong tables and a community type place and of course the pool. That's just the Disney aspect. The whole island is just beautiful, there is something for everyone. They are very big on preserving the island so there is lush greenery everywhere. You could be as active or relaxed as you want to be. We took the relaxation route so unfortunately, I don't have a lot of pictures. I'll have to see what I can get downloaded though (some were taken under the influence of an early cocktail hour so they aren't very good.) I totally want my DH and I to go for a week. He doesn't relax very well, but I think this place would do him wonders.

I've never stayed at GCV, let alone been to California. I have to admit, I was a bit overwhelmed when I first booked but I've done alot of research and stuff so I feel better. I don't have any ADR's but I think we're going to wing it in that area. I don't remember if I told you before, but we're taking our nephew for his 21st so he's pretty excited to. Here's what we have agenda wise:

Saturday - Arrive at Hampton in around 3:30 pm - dump luggage and head out to Huntington Beach.
Sunday - Check into GCV 2 bedroom - grocery store - DISNEYLAND
Monday - CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
Tuesday- LA/Hollywood for the day
Wednesday - DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
Thursday - Newport Beach/Balboa Island
Friday - Whatever we want day (thinking about renting a cabanna by the pool, cooking out, getting a massage, whatever)
Saturday - Head home (so sad)

Since we're not big foodies - I really wasn't sure about where to eat, so that's why we're winging it. We're pretty happy with ESPN Zone in DTD or House of Blues or something like that. Any suggestions? Plus, since we used all these points for a 2bdrm, I wanted to eat some of the meals in our villa, so we'll see how that goes.

I am already starting to look at our big 2012 trip with my bro and his family and thinking about the BCV's as well. Our home is AKV which is the only place we've stayed at and love it there. I think for my niece's first time, AKV would be awesome for them, they love animals and go to the zoo atleast once a month at home. So, I'm torn right now. There is a bit up in the air still whether my DBF and her family are going to go (if so, I'm thinking 3 studios for everyone). If they don't go, then I'm thinking 2 bedroom for us and my bro and his family.

Since I used 2011 points, for this trip, next year we're going to rent a condo in St. Augustine for a week and probably take a night on cash at Disney.

Thankfully, no. My parents rented 2 houses and bought us all tickets. It was myself, my 5 siblings and our families. My mom put together kind of a shell outline, a "this park this day" type thing but it was really only 3 days (MK, AK and IOA) that we planned to tour as a group and ended up being only 2.5 officially. We all spent a ton more time together than that but some wanted to do Kennedy, some Sea World, etc so there was some splitting off.

It actually worked out really well but I also think we got REALLY lucky, it was F&W (we didn't know before we went) and most nights we'd all end up back at the world showcase, hitting the kiosks and watching illuminations together. It was a great trip. We hope to do it again maybe in '11 but it's harder with school now.

What nice parents! A shell outline is a greeat idea too! :thumbsup2

School does make everything more difficult, I agree. I hate for them to miss but I despise going during the very crowded times.

HHI was amazing! It's such a relaxing place - the resort was awesome, very laid back and relaxing, the pool was great, very Disney. Great slide, they had karaoke going, lots of fun. There is a footbridge that connects the Disney resort with the other side of the harbour where there are restaurants, shops and lots of boats! Very pretty. They run a shuttle to the beach house, which is 1 mile away, but we drove over. Again, amazing! The beach was beautiful and the beach house has a bar, arcade, little restaurant, ping-pong tables and a community type place and of course the pool. That's just the Disney aspect. The whole island is just beautiful, there is something for everyone. They are very big on preserving the island so there is lush greenery everywhere. You could be as active or relaxed as you want to be. We took the relaxation route so unfortunately, I don't have a lot of pictures. I'll have to see what I can get downloaded though (some were taken under the influence of an early cocktail hour so they aren't very good.) I totally want my DH and I to go for a week. He doesn't relax very well, but I think this place would do him wonders.

Sounds heavenly. :cloud9: Under the influenece photos are even better. Most of the ones I posted of Cabo, in the DVC section, were also under the influence. :rotfl2:

I've never stayed at GCV, let alone been to California. I have to admit, I was a bit overwhelmed when I first booked but I've done alot of research and stuff so I feel better. I don't have any ADR's but I think we're going to wing it in that area. I don't remember if I told you before, but we're taking our nephew for his 21st so he's pretty excited to. Here's what we have agenda wise:

Saturday - Arrive at Hampton in around 3:30 pm - dump luggage and head out to Huntington Beach.
Sunday - Check into GCV 2 bedroom - grocery store - DISNEYLAND
Monday - CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
Tuesday- LA/Hollywood for the day
Wednesday - DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
Thursday - Newport Beach/Balboa Island
Friday - Whatever we want day (thinking about renting a cabanna by the pool, cooking out, getting a massage, whatever)
Saturday - Head home (so sad)

Since we're not big foodies - I really wasn't sure about where to eat, so that's why we're winging it. We're pretty happy with ESPN Zone in DTD or House of Blues or something like that. Any suggestions? Plus, since we used all these points for a 2bdrm, I wanted to eat some of the meals in our villa, so we'll see how that goes.

I am already starting to look at our big 2012 trip with my bro and his family and thinking about the BCV's as well. Our home is AKV which is the only place we've stayed at and love it there. I think for my niece's first time, AKV would be awesome for them, they love animals and go to the zoo atleast once a month at home. So, I'm torn right now. There is a bit up in the air still whether my DBF and her family are going to go (if so, I'm thinking 3 studios for everyone). If they don't go, then I'm thinking 2 bedroom for us and my bro and his family.

Since I used 2011 points, for this trip, next year we're going to rent a condo in St. Augustine for a week and probably take a night on cash at Disney.

I love your California itinerary. Huntington Beach is my favorite place on the planet, next to Disney of course. Seriously, I want half my ashes on Main St and the other half in the Pacific ocean. :teeth: Chimayo in HB is right on the sand and a great place to eat especially during sunset. :cloud9: Main St in HB (you can't miss it) also has some great places to eat like the HB Brewery.

Newport Beach is cool too and you have to try the Crab Cooker if you like seafood- delish! Balboa is fun too. I grew up going to all of the places you are visiting. Balboa has an ice cream shoppe and of couse the name escapes me but it is a small island so you can't miss it.

You will LOVE Disneyland. It's better than MK imho but prepare yourself for a much smaller castle. :scared1: Don't get me wrong, I love MK but DL was the first. I actually prefer WDW as a whole over the Disneyland Resort area in some ways. DCA has parts of Epcot and DHS mixed in. DCA is a one day park. Lots of thrill stuff but not nearly as magical as DL. Take note how amazing POTC is in DL as well as IASW, Space, and BTMRR. Don't miss Alice in Wonderland, the Matterhorn, Mr. Toad, Sleeping Bueaty castle walk-thru, and The Storybook Boats especially at night. Magical! If you are there between Halloween and Chrsitmas don't miss the Haunted Mansion because it is all layed over with a Nightmare Before Christmas theme. It's a must-do.

All this Disneyland talk is making me want to renew our passes even more!

Now for the GVC- holy hannah- UNREAL! Request a theme park view and villas 3502/3504 and higher if you can. That is a 2 bedroom lock-off and we had an insane view of DCA. We could hear the WoC music nightly which made it so surreal. If you like buffest, Storyteller's has a terrific breakfast buffet- worth every penny. Also Whitewater snacks make a mean breakfast burrito. There is a Food 4 Less about a mile down the raod, just ask for directions- east peasy!

As far as food, Disneyland doesn't have half the options that WDW does. The Plaza Inn on Mian St has the best fried chicken ever! Also go to the Riverbelle Terrace for Mickey pancakes and Carnation Cafe for their chicken pot pie.

The grills are easy to use at the GCV too. Guest Services has the grilling utensils. We grilled 2x and it was so nice. And cheaper too. :thumbsup2

Sounds heavenly. :cloud9: Under the influenece photos are even better. Most of the ones I posted of Cabo, in the DVC section, were also under the influence. :rotfl2:
It was a great time all around, we had massages, manicures, laid by the pool, laid at the beach, great seafood dinners (king crab legs mmm) and of course, cocktails. I just totally fell in love with the whole island and the Disney resort was just awesome. Such a great time, but too too short!

I love your California itinerary. Huntington Beach is my favorite place on the planet, next to Disney of course. Seriously, I want half my ashes on Main St and the other half in the Pacific ocean. :teeth: Chimayo in HB is right on the sand and a great place to eat especially during sunset. :cloud9: Main St in HB (you can't miss it) also has some great places to eat like the HB Brewery.

Newport Beach is cool too and you have to try the Crab Cooker if you like seafood- delish! Balboa is fun too. I grew up going to all of the places you are visiting. Balboa has an ice cream shoppe and of couse the name escapes me but it is a small island so you can't miss it.

You will LOVE Disneyland. It's better than MK imho but prepare yourself for a much smaller castle. :scared1: Don't get me wrong, I love MK but DL was the first. I actually prefer WDW as a whole over the Disneyland Resort area in some ways. DCA has parts of Epcot and DHS mixed in. DCA is a one day park. Lots of thrill stuff but not nearly as magical as DL. Take note how amazing POTC is in DL as well as IASW, Space, and BTMRR. Don't miss Alice in Wonderland, the Matterhorn, Mr. Toad, Sleeping Bueaty castle walk-thru, and The Storybook Boats especially at night. Magical! If you are there between Halloween and Chrsitmas don't miss the Haunted Mansion because it is all layed over with a Nightmare Before Christmas theme. It's a must-do.

All this Disneyland talk is making me want to renew our passes even more!

Now for the GVC- holy hannah- UNREAL! Request a theme park view and villas 3502/3504 and higher if you can. That is a 2 bedroom lock-off and we had an insane view of DCA. We could hear the WoC music nightly which made it so surreal. If you like buffest, Storyteller's has a terrific breakfast buffet- worth every penny. Also Whitewater snacks make a mean breakfast burrito. There is a Food 4 Less about a mile down the raod, just ask for directions- east peasy!

As far as food, Disneyland doesn't have half the options that WDW does. The Plaza Inn on Mian St has the best fried chicken ever! Also go to the Riverbelle Terrace for Mickey pancakes and Carnation Cafe for their chicken pot pie.

The grills are easy to use at the GCV too. Guest Services has the grilling utensils. We grilled 2x and it was so nice. And cheaper too. :thumbsup2
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tips! Totally trying the eating in the villa thing, I'm actually pretty excited about that. I was wondering about the Storytellers buffet, haven't met a breakfast buffet I didn't like yet!

I'm so excited to see where it all started, I can't wait. My DH keeps telling me about how much smaller it is than WDW cause he's afraid I'll be disappointed, but I don't think I will be...I mean that's where it all started! I think I built enough into the itinerary to give us some down time and relax too.

I'm very excited about Huntington Beach and Newport Beach, I'm thinking about making reservations on this boat that does a champagne brunch around the harbour in Newport Beach but it might be a bit too "romantic" for my DH and me AND our nephew. Verdict is still out on that.

I've just written down all of your suggestions, I really can't wait. It's been a long year so far, and I can't wait for this vacation. Really need to get away! Sad part is I'll be in Seattle from 9/26 to 9/30 then I take a red-eye home and we leave 10/2 in the am for California. I should have just stayed in Seattle and drove down and met my DH and nephew at the airport in Anaheim! Then we get back on 10/9 and I leave again on 10/12 for 4 days in Iowa! :eek::eek: Can someone shoot me for agreeing to take these work trips right before and after my vacation?:confused3 I'm going to need another vacation!

:confused3 I'm totally confused, what is this place?

Hilton Head Island. There is a DVC resort there. I believe it's an island near Florida but not sure of the exact location. :flower3:

It was a great time all around, we had massages, manicures, laid by the pool, laid at the beach, great seafood dinners (king crab legs mmm) and of course, cocktails. I just totally fell in love with the whole island and the Disney resort was just awesome. Such a great time, but too too short!

Sounds like my kind of vacation. I am adding that to my DVC to-do list. How difficult was it to book? My guess is hard at the 7 month mark. :surfweb:

Thanks for the tips! Totally trying the eating in the villa thing, I'm actually pretty excited about that. I was wondering about the Storytellers buffet, haven't met a breakfast buffet I didn't like yet!

I'm so excited to see where it all started, I can't wait. My DH keeps telling me about how much smaller it is than WDW cause he's afraid I'll be disappointed, but I don't think I will be...I mean that's where it all started! I think I built enough into the itinerary to give us some down time and relax too.

I'm very excited about Huntington Beach and Newport Beach, I'm thinking about making reservations on this boat that does a champagne brunch around the harbour in Newport Beach but it might be a bit too "romantic" for my DH and me AND our nephew. Verdict is still out on that.

I've just written down all of your suggestions, I really can't wait. It's been a long year so far, and I can't wait for this vacation. Really need to get away! Sad part is I'll be in Seattle from 9/26 to 9/30 then I take a red-eye home and we leave 10/2 in the am for California. I should have just stayed in Seattle and drove down and met my DH and nephew at the airport in Anaheim! Then we get back on 10/9 and I leave again on 10/12 for 4 days in Iowa! :eek::eek: Can someone shoot me for agreeing to take these work trips right before and after my vacation?:confused3 I'm going to need another vacation!

OMGosh, what a crazy schedule! You are going to need another vacation from this vacation and work! :faint:

I don't know about the boat brunch thing. There are SO many things to do- what's the name? If I am not mistaken it sounds like a place we'd go for prom.

My favorite place for breakfast is in Belmont Shore, up the coast about 15 minutes from HB, called Schooner or Later. :cloud9: I'll give you directions if you want them. You sit right on the water on the marina. Soo cool. Great food, not spendy. And HUGE schooner of beers and Bloody Mary's. :hippie:

princess: 470 days!!! princess:

Gabby and her BFF, Disneyland, June 2010.

bff.jpg

:confused3 I'm totally confused, what is this place?

It's an island in South Carolina - off the coast.

Sounds like my kind of vacation. I am adding that to my DVC to-do list. How difficult was it to book? My guess is hard at the 7 month mark. :surfweb:

Well, I booked it I think only 2 mos out and only for a few days, not sure how hard it would be to get a whole week. I did wait list for an extra day and it didn't come through. But, from what I am told, it only has 104 rooms total, so that could a large reason why too. I would totally put that on your list, I think you'd love it. It's really a great place. The only thing I would do differently next time is buck up the extra $$ and fly into Savannah GA (it's like 30 minutes from there). When I checked flights, it was a couple hundred dollars more to fly into there since it's such a smaller airport. I had a free Southwest flight so we flew into Jacksonville, Fl and drove (2 1/2 hours) which didn't seem like a big deal when I booked it, but when we got to Jacksonville, I just couldn't get there fast enough! You know how it is when you start vacation, you want to START vacation, not drive for a few more hours.
OMGosh, what a crazy schedule! You are going to need another vacation from this vacation and work! :faint:

I know, I'm an idiot. Evidently the word "NO" is not in my vocabulary. I always do that to myself - over commit and then look back and say why did I say I'd do that....story of my life.

I don't know about the boat brunch thing. There are SO many things to do- what's the name? If I am not mistaken it sounds like a place we'd go for prom.

It's called Hornblower Cruises and Events. It looks cool, but again, not so sure if my 21 year old nephew would want to hang out with us on it. I think I'm going to bag that one.

My favorite place for breakfast is in Belmont Shore, up the coast about 15 minutes from HB, called Schooner or Later. :cloud9: I'll give you directions if you want them. You sit right on the water on the marina. Soo cool. Great food, not spendy. And HUGE schooner of beers and Bloody Mary's. :hippie:

Haven't met a Bloody Mary I didn't like! I'm adding that to the list of places you gave me. Gosh - only 32 days! Can't come soon enough!
princess: 470 days!!! princess:

470 days! YEAH YOU!!! I am so excited for you for this trip - it's the mack daddy of trips!

It's an island in South Carolina - off the coast.

Cool! I am thinking a trip is in order. DVC and not Disney, perfect for DH. :rotfl:

The boat doesn't sound familiar but it sure sounds fun! I would take the nephew. I am sure there is champagne. :cool1:

Weighing in on DL food options....

The sunday brunch on the Queen Mary in Long Beach is a ton of fun (and yummy!) and is a short drive from DLR. Just a food idea. We loved the Surf's Up Breakfast at Paradise Pier, had a great lunch at Tortilla Joe's. Ralph Brennan's was good (but not over the top WOW for the price) however the atmosphere is excellent!

The sunday brunch on the Queen Mary in Long Beach is a ton of fun (and yummy!) and is a short drive from DLR. Just a food idea. We loved the Surf's Up Breakfast at Paradise Pier, had a great lunch at Tortilla Joe's. Ralph Brennan's was good (but not over the top WOW for the price) however the atmosphere is excellent!

:thumbsup2 Forgot about the Queen Mary, that's a fun toursity thing too- cool history.

Haven't tried the Surf's Up breakfast at the PPH yet. Whitewater snacks is decent too.

What’s the point? Thought I would post the points for my options:

The 1 br at SSR will cost 133 and a 2 br cost 176 for the first 5 nights, Dec 12- 17. Is 43 points worth the extra bedroom and bathroom? Magic 8 ball says ::yes:: but DH isn't sure. He isn't quite the hotel snob I have turned into. :rotfl2: Conserve he says! I am figuring these amounts assuming we’ll do a 1 br at SSR the first 5 nights.

• 5 nights SSR / 5 nights THV = 312 :faint: But I so want to stay at the THV. SSR/THV is truly a win-win for us. DH gets his beloved SSR and I get my THV.

• 5 nights SSR / 5 nights, 1 br BWV = 249 standard view and 283 BW view

• 10 nights SSR, all 1 br = 272

• 5 nights SSR / 5 nights AKV, 1 br = 245 Value view and 291 Savannah view

• 5 nights SSR / 5 nights BCV = 253 after Keith’s portion and this will be a 2 br at the BCV

If we decide on a 2 bedroom for the first 5 nights at SSR then how we could we possibly move *down* to a 1 bedroom? So not only would we add 43 points to the first 5 nights but then the additional amount for the 2 bedroom during the last 5 nights. I think I need to add on! :teeth:

Now if our other friend's decide to join us/overlap, we may do a GV the last 5 nights but at this point, that's an embryonic thought. :rotfl:

Cool! I am thinking a trip is in order. DVC and not Disney, perfect for DH. :rotfl:
If I remember correctly, your DH likes SSR because of the golfing too, is that correct? If so, one of the large things that Hilton Head is known for is the golf! In fact, I've always heard it's a golfers paradise, and NOT being a golfer, that was one of the reasons I wasn't in a rush to get there. Well I can see how it's a golfer paradise AS WELL as a paradise for everything else.

The boat doesn't sound familiar but it sure sounds fun! I would take the nephew. I am sure there is champagne. :cool1:
I think you say the word chamgagne to a new 21 year old and that's all you have to say..right? I mean it worked for me! In fact, in HHI, we bought a bottle of champage and some peach nectar...YUMMY!

That sounds neat, I'll have to check out the Queen Mary. My DH was eyeing up the Tortilla Joe's when I printed up a bunch of menus. He's a big fan of mexican food! Thanks for the suggestions...keep 'em coming!popcorn::

If I remember correctly, your DH likes SSR because of the golfing too, is that correct? If so, one of the large things that Hilton Head is known for is the golf! In fact, I've always heard it's a golfers paradise, and NOT being a golfer, that was one of the reasons I wasn't in a rush to get there. Well I can see how it's a golfer paradise AS WELL as a paradise for everything else.

::yes:: He loves his golf and December should be nice golf weather. He is also determined to get me into the spa and pull me away from the parks for an afternoon.

I think you say the word chamgagne to a new 21 year old and that's all you have to say..right? I mean it worked for me! In fact, in HHI, we bought a bottle of champage and some peach nectar...YUMMY!

Ooooo, peach and champagne sounds good!

That sounds neat, I'll have to check out the Queen Mary. My DH was eyeing up the Tortilla Joe's when I printed up a bunch of menus. He's a big fan of mexican food! Thanks for the suggestions...keep 'em coming!popcorn::

We liked the walk-up window too at TJ's. Quick quick. If I remember they make a decent margarita. That reminds me, the Uva Bar in DTD has the most insane garlic fries. Make sure you all eat them though. ;) Their Long Island's are yummo too.

What’s the point? Thought I would post the points for my options:

The 1 br at SSR will cost 133 and a 2 br cost 176 for the first 5 nights, Dec 12- 17. Is 43 points worth the extra bedroom and bathroom? Magic 8 ball says ::yes:: but DH isn't sure. He isn't quite the hotel snob I have turned into. :rotfl2: Conserve he says! I am figuring these amounts assuming we’ll do a 1 br at SSR the first 5 nights.

• 5 nights SSR / 5 nights THV = 312 :faint: But I so want to stay at the THV. SSR/THV is truly a win-win for us. DH gets his beloved SSR and I get my THV.

• 5 nights SSR / 5 nights, 1 br BWV = 249 standard view and 283 BW view

• 10 nights SSR, all 1 br = 272

• 5 nights SSR / 5 nights AKV, 1 br = 245 Value view and 291 Savannah view

• 5 nights SSR / 5 nights BCV = 253 after Keith’s portion and this will be a 2 br at the BCV

If we decide on a 2 bedroom for the first 5 nights at SSR then how we could we possibly move *down* to a 1 bedroom? So not only would we add 43 points to the first 5 nights but then the additional amount for the 2 bedroom during the last 5 nights. I think I need to add on! :teeth:

Now if our other friend's decide to join us/overlap, we may do a GV the last 5 nights but at this point, that's an embryonic thought. :rotfl:

My 2 cents - I agree, moving from a 2 bdrm to a 1 would be tough but if your trying to save points...but on the other hand, what's 43 points gonna get you down the road? I think with your larger family, it seems comfort is of the essence. But.... can you tell I'm vacillating?

Is the split stay a requirement? I was just thinking that the THV for all 10 would be amazing. But if the split stay is a requirement, than I would say my vote is: 2bdr SSR 5 days - THV 5 days. For me, an extra bathroom and bedroom are invaluable with 5 of you. That's why I did a 2bdrm for our trip to DL, just throwing my nephew in the mix, I was like...oh no....must have my own space... Did I need it? No, I'm sure I could have weeped along with the 1 bdrm - heck, I probably could have done a studio with just us 3 but I was trying for the whole "villa" experience. A girl just needs her space, right? Gosh..I'm babbling.

My 2 cents - I agree, moving from a 2 bdrm to a 1 would be tough but if your trying to save points...but on the other hand, what's 43 points gonna get you down the road? I think with your larger family, it seems comfort is of the essence. But.... can you tell I'm vacillating?

Is the split stay a requirement? I was just thinking that the THV for all 10 would be amazing. But if the split stay is a requirement, than I would say my vote is: 2bdr SSR 5 days - THV 5 days. For me, an extra bathroom and bedroom are invaluable with 5 of you. That's why I did a 2bdrm for our trip to DL, just throwing my nephew in the mix, I was like...oh no....must have my own space... Did I need it? No, I'm sure I could have weeped along with the 1 bdrm - heck, I probably could have done a studio with just us 3 but I was trying for the whole "villa" experience. A girl just needs her space, right? Gosh..I'm babbling.

I love the word vacillating! :laughing: Seriously, I never hear anyone else use it unless they work in mental health!

Back to the topic ;) I am the split stayer but Michael insists we stay at the "normal" SSR for at least part which I am in total agreement with for once. And you are 100% correct, a girl needs her space. I love having a non-sleeping common area and a one bedroom wouldn't provide us that as the kids would need the sleeper sofa to sleep. I cannot tell you how I despise making and unmaking those uncomfortable things and tip-toeing around in the morning while making my coffee. You are helping me answer my own question. :woohoo:

And 43 points over 5 nights for an extra bedroom and bathroom seems like pennies. Or points. :laughing:

I'm probably more like your husband -- conserve and stay longer!

There is no stay longer option. :sad: It's gonna be 10 nights regardless. He just thinks I go overboard. :rolleyes1 Jackhole! Him, not you. :rotfl2: But really, he hates the word borrowing so to borrow points frogs him out. He hates debt! :laughing: He doesn't get that it's just DVC borrowing and that's what adding on is for. pirate:

Back to the topic ;) I am the split stayer but Michael insists we stay at the "normal" SSR for at least part which I am in total agreement with for once. And you are 100% correct, a girl needs her space. I love having a non-sleeping common area and a one bedroom wouldn't provide us that as the kids would need the sleeper sofa to sleep. I cannot tell you how I despise making and unmaking those uncomfortable things and tip-toeing around in the morning while making my coffee. You are helping me answer my own question. :woohoo:

And 43 points over 5 nights for an extra bedroom and bathroom seems like pennies. Or points. :laughing:[/COLOR]
I completely agree - when it's my DH and I we usually do the studio thing. Our vacations together are VERY laid back, pretty quiet and we don't take the sofa bed out. I am just a neat freak so I feel like stuff gets cluttered too quickly. But anywho, when me and my DBFF went to HHI - we used the sofa bed and what a pain in butt! Making that thing up everyday was annoying. Go for it...another bathroom, another bedroom, assemblance of order and peace of mind...worth way more than 43 points or....ONLY 8.6 points per day!!

We liked the walk-up window too at TJ's. Quick quick. If I remember they make a decent margarita. That reminds me, the Uva Bar in DTD has the most insane garlic fries. Make sure you all eat them though. ;) Their Long Island's are yummo too.

:thumbsup2 on the TJ margarita.

IMG_5016.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter