Kevin and John would like to announce.....

Yaaaaay! Now you can be as miserable as the rest of us!

Congratulations, and best wishes for many many years of love and happiness!

I'm so sorry it took me this long to see this post!!! :woohoo: Congratulations to you both! Can't wait to hear details :)

This proves to me that I shouldn't spend any time away from the boards. I miss fantastic news like this.

Congratulations, you two! I am very happy for you, and wish you all the happiness in the world.

Hi Folks,

Thank you for all of the support and wonderful wishes. They mean the world to us.

John and I have been together for more than 10 years and decided that getting married was the right thing to do.

We have talked about this and both decided that we are definitely not the "big party" kind of guys. While it's great for others, it's just not us.

There are really not a lot of elaborate details for this event.

We actually owe a lot of this to Disney Cruise Line, as they decided to christen the Fantasy in NYC....where getting married is legal for folks like John and I.

As we were unsure of the schedule DCL had in place for our week in NY, we kept this quiet until we were sure that it was something that would fit.

We decided to go sightseeing on Monday (2/27) and hired a car and driver for the day. Pete and Walter decided to buy winter coats ( we live in FL, so we don't really have them) and while they were in Macy's, we went to the City Clerk's office and applied for a license.

You have to wait 24 hours after getting your license, so we decided Thursday morning was free, as the actual christening was Thursday evening.

We asked Pete and Walter and Donna and Joe if they would like to go with us?

We needed a witness and Walter volunteered.

We received a "deli number" and waited to be called.

The "information lady" and the Justice of the Peace were the same person and se was a bit of a hoot.

Once our number was called, we had a very simple ceremony that lasted, at most, 90 seconds.

Do you? Yes!

Do you? Yes!

By the power of the Sate of New York, I officially pronounce you legal spouses.

When finished, she asked if we had any questions. When we said no, she said "Good. Now I have to go make magic in the other room."

While this doesn't really translate when written, you'll have to trust me that it was very funny.

We were married at 11:20am on 3/1/12.

We then went to an Italian restaurant for lunch and DCL threw us an AMAZING celebration that evening.

DCL might not know that the christening of the Fantasy was our reception....but to us it was......and it was awesome!

Everyone envisions their wedding day differently. For us......this was perfect.

Only one thing could have made it better and that would have been for my folks to be there........and while I couldn't see them.....I know they were.

Those are the details of our wedding day.

Thank you again for wishing us well.

We appreciate it more than we can say.

Hi Folks,

Thank you for all of the support and wonderful wishes. They mean the world to us.

John and I have been together for more than 10 years and decided that getting married was the right thing to do.

We have talked about this and both decided that we are definitely not the "big party" kind of guys. While it's great for others, it's just not us.

There are really not a lot of elaborate details for this event.

We actually owe a lot of this to Disney Cruise Line, as they decided to christen the Fantasy in NYC....where getting married is legal for folks like John and I.

As we were unsure of the schedule DCL had in place for our week in NY, we kept this quiet until we were sure that it was something that would fit.

We decided to go sightseeing on Monday (2/27) and hired a car and driver for the day. Pete and Walter decided to buy winter coats ( we live in FL, so we don't really have them) and while they were in Macy's, we went to the City Clerk's office and applied for a license.

You have to wait 24 hours after getting your license, so we decided Thursday morning was free, as the actual christening was Thursday evening.

We asked Pete and Walter and Donna and Joe if they would like to go with us?

We needed a witness and Walter volunteered.

We received a "deli number" and waited to be called.

The "information lady" and the Justice of the Peace were the same person and se was a bit of a hoot.

Once our number was called, we had a very simple ceremony that lasted, at most, 90 seconds.

Do you? Yes!

Do you? Yes!

By the power of the Sate of New York, I officially pronounce you legal spouses.

When finished, she asked if we had any questions. When we said no, she said "Good. Now I have to go make magic in the other room."

While this doesn't really translate when written, you'll have to trust me that it was very funny.

We were married at 11:20am on 3/1/12.

We then went to an Italian restaurant for lunch and DCL threw us an AMAZING celebration that evening.

DCL might not know that the christening of the Fantasy was our reception....but to us it was......and it was awesome!

Everyone envisions their wedding day differently. For us......this was perfect.

Only one thing could have made it better and that would have been for my folks to be there........and while I couldn't see them.....I know they were.

Those are the details of our wedding day.

Thank you again for wishing us well.

We appreciate it more than we can say.

You may think there wasn't much for details but I still got misty reading it :p

Sounds perfect to me!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter